Let Me Love You

Well...that was really something.

You finished making breakfast for you and Darren and returned into the living room. You set down the plates on the table and looked at the couch, to find Darren asleep once again. 'God, this guy can sleep!' you say to yourself quietly. 'Darren...' you whisper in his ear. That doesn't work. 'Darren!' you say, louder this time, while shaking his arm.
'Shush woman, people are trying to sleep in here!' he says, in a low, sleepy voice with his eyes still closed.
'Don't sass me Darren Criss! One, I've just made your breakfast. Two, it's like half past eleven so you can't possibly need anymore sleep!'
He opens his eyes, looks at you and raises his eyebrows. 'Well, my dear, I think you'll find....'
He i interrupted by the sound of a door opening and your best friend Emily charges into the room.
'It's only me, I just nipped back to get my....Woah! Okay..' she says, looking over at you and Darren, still in sleep-rumpled clothes. 'I just came to get my phone charger, I've got to go to work and then I'll probably be later tonight.' she says, still looking at you and Darren.
'Okay, see you later!' you reply.
'Bye Jess, bye Darren Criss!' she shouts over her shoulder as she leaves the apartment.
'What the hell was that about?!' Darren asks with a confused look on his face.
'Not sure, you just have to go with the flow when you are dealing with Emily' you reply, just then a text comes through on your phone.
From Emily: 'WE NEED TO TALK LATER.', you can't think of how to reply to that.
You both eat your breakfast in silence, it wasn't necessarily awkward though. After you've finished you take the plates into the kitchen and start washing up. A pair of arms wrap around your waist and a chin rests on your shoulder.
'Can I ask you something?' Darren asks, his hair tickling your ear.
'Go for it'
'Can I kiss you?' You turn around in his arms, and look at him questioningly.
'Darren, you don't have to ask' and then you lean in to kiss him.
It was gentle and lasted for the perfect amount of time. After you pull away, you stay with your foreheads touching.
'Well...that was really something' you say casually and you both crack up laughing.
'Suit up, Jess! I'm taking you on an adventure!' Darren says, walking away from you.
'I never knew you watched How I Met Your Mother' you say with a smile.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm back! Hope you enjoy the chapter!