Status: Now updating a few times a week! <3

A Far Cry From Innocence.

The Face Of Beauty To Fall For.

Two weeks into the tour, there was a show and then the next day's a day off. That meant we were getting a hotel, which was exciting since sleeping in the bunks wasn't exactly the most comfortable place to sleep. (It was still better than a van, though.) I was ready to sleep in a warm bed that I could stretch out in, to use a shower that hadn't had at least fifteen people use it in the last couple hours.

I touched up my eyeliner in the mirror of the lounge in the back of the bus and looked over at my brother as he finished applying his. They were going on soon, the final opening band getting close to the end of their set. It was funny watching my brother apply makeup before standing in front of so many people. He was in his show clothes, which reeked of booze, sweat, and cigarettes since we hadn't had a chance to do laundry yet.

Apparently already having downed a few beers, Jimmy bound loudly into the room with the rest of the guys not far behind. "Hey, Syn, you ready to rock some girls' pants off?" He snickered, twirling his drumsticks on his fingers.

"Ah, fuck it! Jimmy, you fuckin' oaf!" My brother glared at Jimmy through the mirror then looked at the long, smudged line of eyeliner. He growled angrily and snatched a tissue out of the box, wiping at the black smudge and grumbling incoherently.

I snickered and pat him on the back before I looked at Jimmy, whom was laughing hysterically. "What Syn means to say, Reverend dearest, is," I cleared my throat and, after snatching Brian's fedora off a counter top and placing in on my head, I gave my best impression, "'Fuck yeah, baby! Let's shred and melt some faces!'" I whooped and hollered with the guys, chest bumping and partaking in other overly masculine gestures.

"Hey, you do a better Syn than Syn does!" Matt laughed and put his arm around my shoulders. He looked between my brother and me for a minute before he leaned in a little closer. "Do you wanna by Synyster Gates? 'Cause, I mean, you're not a fucking buzz kill," he said loud enough for my brother to hear. He snickered at the cold glares Brian sent his way and put his hands up defensively. "Hey, bro, just telling the truth." He backed out of the room, laughing.

I looked in the mirror and tilted the fedora down a little. "I dunno, bro. I think Shads has a point. I think the teenager taking her big brother's place could be a hit." This time, the glare was cast my way and I couldn't help snickering. I almost yelped as something cold was pressed against the slits in the ribs of my shirt. I looked over to find Johnny holding out a beer and nodding toward Brian. I took it gratefully and walked over to stand next to my brother. "Hey, it's time to put your Syn face on. Crack it open and we'll meet out outside the bus in five, okay princess?" The clapped the bottle into his hand and followed Johnny and Zacky out.

Johnny handed me a beer as we stepped off the bus to join Matt and Jimmy. "Man, he can be such a princess. Everything has to be perfect, his way, or he gets all butt-hurt about it." He popped open his beer and took a swig. He looked at me and put a hand on my shoulder sympathetically, "I can only imagine how bad it is to live with him."

I raised a brow as I opened my beer and took a long drink from it. "You know how, stereotypically, girls say 'five minutes' and take about ten times longer? Yeah, that's him. When I say five minutes, I mean five minutes." I took another drink and shook my head.

I looked over as Zacky walked up, a girl at his side. I raised a brow again, looking her over curiously. She was all curves, long auburn hair, big pouty lips, bright blue eyes... She looked like a porn star and I half wondered if that's what she was.

"Hey guys! This is Veronica." He nudged the girl playfully with his shoulder and grinned at her shy blush. He put his arm around her shoulders and looked at her, "We met down at the bar."

She looked between everyone and smiled shyly. She shook our hands, blushing nearly the whole time, "Please, call me Roni." She looked at me and her smile widened a little bit. "Honestly, you're probably my favorite. You seem so down-to-earth despite the fame that comes with your brother and uncles." She looked at the guys admiringly on the last word.

"Brothers," I corrected blandly. Normally, that compliment would make me beam gladly or at least smirk when I was in Hazzard mode, but I remained serious. I quickly forced a smile after taking a drink, "Well, thanks. Being humble comes pretty easy when you're brother is Synyster Gates, soaking up the glow left and right." I shrugged as the faux smile disappeared. When he face lit up a little as she looked past me, I knew exactly what the reason was and I couldn't help rolling my eyes and smirking. "Speak of the devil."

"And the devil shall appear!" My brother bounced out of the bus and rest his elbow on my shoulder, looking the girl up and down with a sly smirk. "Well, well, well," he pushed his sunglasses down the bridge of his nose so he could look at Roni, "Who have we got here?"

She blushed, ducking her head and reluctantly offering her hand, "Roni." She blushed ever harder when he took her hand and kissed it, winking and smirking. She giggled and looked at him with bright eyes.

I snickered and smirked, glancing over at my brother as he tried to charm the girl. I looked at Zacky, his face burning red with anger and jealousy as my brother seemed to steal his girl right out from under his arm. Something about that look and the way his arm was over the girl possessively made me feel a little off.
♠ ♠ ♠
my, my, my. could our dear little hazzard be... jealous!?
thanks to all for reading, subscribing, and recommending! i love you!

comment, subscribe, recommend!