Status: Another Adventure!

Episode Three: New Way to Bleed

Part Two.

The black Impala pulled into the long dirt driveway towards Bobby Singer’s house. Behind the wheel, Dean was jamming out to his favorite ACDC song, “Back In Black”, his head bobbing slightly as he let the music wash over him. In the passenger seat next to him, his brother simply rolled his eyes but smiled softly. Sam knew better than to touch the radio to turn the volume down so he dealt with the fact that he may end up hearing impaired.

Dean parked off to the side of the house, eager to have a beer with Sam and Bobby after working a dead end case involving the search for a way to kill Lucifer. Needless to say, there was no spectacular result and they were running out of options fast. It didn’t help that Cas was all over the place these days, a fact that Dean didn’t want to think about at the moment.

The Winchesters went inside the house, finding the place more dirty than they ever thought possible. There were books all thrown about. Most of the surfaces were covered in a thick blanket of dust. The curtains were drawn, letting in no sunlight, giving the place an overall depressing look. Bobby looked up from his open stack of books at his desk, a half drunken bottle of cheap scotch close by with a dirty glass. He was wearing his usual dingy red flannel shirt and dirty old ball cap. He looked in serious need of a shower and some shut eye.

“No offense, Bobby, but you look like hell.” Sam spoke, sadness clouding his features.

And in truth, Dean felt the same as he looked at Bobby. It was clear that he was torn up about the incident that happened over two months ago. He never forgave himself and it showed with the way he was drinking. It hurt Dean to see the man that was more of a father to him than his actual old man beating himself up over something that was his fault.

Dean nodded his head in agreement. “Sam’s right, Bobby. You gotta take better care of yourself.”

“In case the two of you are unaware, there’s an apocalypse going on and we’re the only ones tryna stop it. I’ve been sitting here for weeks reading through every book I can find on ‘Morning Star’. So forgive me if I look a little worse for wear, but right now is crunch time.” Bobby lectured.

“That’s not what we mean and you know it.” Dean countered.

Bobby was rendered speechless by the oldest Winchester’s comment. He was right, though. He had been working himself to the bone in hopes that he could find Evangeline, or simply forget that he failed her. He scrubbed his face and glanced at the boys warily. Maybe he was trying to forget that he tried blaming her disappearance on Dean. That was what killed him the most.

“So I suppose this means I gotta get some sleep?” Bobby asked.

Dean cracked a smile to lighten the mood. “Maybe a shower while you’re at it, because you reek.”

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

There was a light that was not there before. It was as if the door that kept me inside broke away. The light filled the room and settled around me, on me. I felt such peace wash over me and hope. In the doorway stood a dark figure. His presence was as familiar to me as my own soul, yet I had never seen him before. He was innocence reincarnate.

“Samandriel.”

After so incredibly long, I was able to use my voice. It was hardly above a whisper, but I was still shocked to hear the change within it. It was my voice, just stronger.

The angel, Samandriel had light sandy colored hair and blue green eyes. He looked like a teenager, his baby face was covered with freckles. He was also wearing a silly red and white stripped t-shirt and khaki pants. He smiled at me, such a sweet smile on his delicate face.

“Hello, Evangeline.” He spoke to me, and his voice was just as sweet as honey. “They don’t know I’m here, so we have to hurry.”

“What do you mean?”

Samandriel’s smile widened. “I’m taking you out of here. You should not be caged here like an animal. You are the keeper of angels. You are strong and soon we will be of need of you, but not now and certainly not like this.”

“What about Castiel?” I asked, my heart pounding with just the thought of escaping.

“We’ll go to him soon, but first we have to get you out of here safely.”

I nodded, understanding finally catching up with my brain. “Let’s get the hell out of here then.”

The sweet looking angel outstretched his hand to me and I took a hold of it instantly. A small surge of power jolted through my arm from my palm where our hands touched, the sensation was odd to say in the least. It was that simple touch that told me everything I needed to know about Samandriel. I could trust him with my life.

“I was beginning to wonder if you were still there underneath all that power. I’m glad to see that your sense of humor is still intact.” Samandriel confided, putting two fingers to my forehead and zapped me to our next destination.
♠ ♠ ♠
In case you don't know, Samandriel is from season 7 but I really wanted him to play a bigger part in this story. Plus, he's friggin adorable! (:
Thank you to earn your feathers . and Birchly Reid for commenting! Thanks for reading and I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter!