Status: Another Adventure!

Episode Three: New Way to Bleed

Part Three.

Evangeline pulled at the hem of her pale green sun dress that Samandriel acquired for her. She had spent a week in hiding from the angels and with help from her new friend Samandriel, she didn’t have to spend her time alone. She had spent a little over two months alone in the dark room and the angel understood her need for his company. He was very sweet and incredibly kind to her. His soft boyish smile never faltered from his face when he looked at her. It seemed they had grown very close in the short amount of time.

She was a little more than nervous when he told her it was time for her to return to the Winchesters. She was looking down at her white flats, unsure whether or not she wanted to look up at the familiar dirty old house that sat with walls of cars surrounding it at the end of the dirt driveway. When she did finally look up, she felt tears well up in her violet eyes. Bobby’s place was the same as it ever was, but somehow so completely different. Still, it was enough to make her heart swell.

“You should go inside. The Winchesters are here, along with Bobby.” Samandriel said from beside her.

“Thank you, Samandriel, for everything you’ve done for me.” I smiled softly at my newest friend, and angel.

His blue green eyes sparkled as he smiled back. “You’re our keeper, Evangeline. Our Mother to our Father. There’s nothing I wouldn’t do for you.”

And with that, he was gone. I was left to myself for another moment before I decided it was now or never. I walked the few steps it took to his raggedy porch and a few more to the door. I knocked softly, unsure whether my presence was wanted or not. The door swung open with a gun pointed at my face. I stood completely still as to not to provoke the man that held the gun to shoot me.

“Evie?” Dean lowered the gun.

I smiled meekly at him. “Aren’t you going to test me to make sure I am who I say I am?”

His hazel eyes hardened for a moment as he tossed me a flask of holy water. I unscrewed the cap and took a swig. The water was disgustingly warm but I swallowed it none the less. I handed him back the flask only to be handed a silver knife. I took a deep breath and ran the blade on the palm of my hand. Blood seeped out, but no other reaction was seen. He tossed the knife away from him when I handed it back and threw his arms around me. I sighed with relief from the physical contact. Though Samandriel had been understanding enough, I couldn’t bring myself to touch him or embrace him, afraid to startle the angel. Dean on the other hand was a completely different story. He wrapped me up in his warmth without abandon, needing me as much as I needed him.

“I take it you missed me.” I teased lightly when he pulled away.

His cheeky smile was in place, but something was off. The smile did not touch his eyes, the sadness too deep within them. With my influence, I was able to mysteriously know things. One of them was the reason for his saddened state.

I cupped his face with both hands, forcing him to look me in the eyes. “What happened to me was not your fault. Don’t you for one second think that it was, because it wasn’t. Do you understand me?”

“But, Evs-“

“No.” I cut him off. “Dammit, Dean. Just, no. Every time you feel that way, just find me and I’ll smack some sense in ya.”

This time the smile did touch his eyes and I was successful in cheering him up, no matter how long I was away. Dean ushered me inside so that the others could see me.

In the living room sat Bobby and Sam. The first to look up was Sam. His dark brown eyes widened and he looked back and forth from me to Dean. Dean nodded once, signaling that it was truly me. I was scooped up by the taller younger brother and spun around. I squealed in delight, feeling a little dizzy once he put me down. My feet did not stay on the ground for long however, and once again I was lifted up, this time in the arms of Bobby. Tears were running down his face and he tried to cover it up by hiding his face in my shoulder.

“It’s alright, Bobby. I’m here now.” I cooed softly to him.

He eased himself slowly off of me, wiping his tears away with the back of his hand. “It’s good to see you, girl. Damn good.”

I smiled, my happiness threatening to make my heart explode. “It’s good to be seen.”

“What happened to you, Evs?” Sam asked the million dollar question.

I sighed softly, taking a seat next to Bobby’s desk. I waited for the boys to sit down so I could tell them everything that happened. I told them about the dark room I was forced to be in, and how I screamed and screamed with no one to hear me. I told them about the burning pain I felt when my influence was given to me, by then my voice had given out and I couldn’t even cry out in pain. I even confided in them of how alone I was. By the end of my telling of events, I was literally shaking from the memories from it.

I felt a strong arm get thrown on my shoulder. Dean kissed my hair and whispered comforting things. I leaned against him and opened my arms for Sam. He settled in my embrace, and we let the love we had for each other wash over us. It was in that moment that I felt at home.

“Hello, Evangeline.” A familiar deep, gravelly voice sounded from across the room.

I glanced up and felt my heart seize. My eyes locked on with a pair of bright baby blues and I could feel his presence pulling my deeper being to him.

I smiled. “Hey, Cas.”
♠ ♠ ♠
So there you have it! A new chapter with a nice little cliff hanger. Hope you all liked it! Thanks again for Birchly Reid for commenting. Hope to hear from more of you!
Thanks for reading, loves!