Status: This is not the end! Hold on people!

Don't Leave Me

Chapter 5

We walked out of a shop called Forever 21 that was near the boardwalk. It was amazing! So many pretty clothes to choose from. I bought a couple of pairs of jeans, and 2 pairs of denim short shorts, a couple of colorful t shirts, and a black leather jacket with gold studs. I also bought a pair of high heels which matched the jacket, a pair of black and pink flip flops, and a pair of pink Converse baseball shoes. Me and Lucy walked out of the shop with 6 bags in each hand. We looked at each other at exactly the same time. I giggled at the amount of clothes we had. But they were small bags, to be fair. I caught sight of Michael talking to David, but the other boys weren't there. No Marko. Michael turned and waved for me to come over.
"I'll put these back home. You go talk to Michael."
I looked at her. "24 bags?! You sure you can handle it?" I challenged her playfully. She grinned and nodded, taking the six bags from my hands with ease. I stared in awe.
"Hey, I was 17 too!" she laughed and walked away,12 bags swinging on each of her arms. I shook my head in disbelief, and walked up to Michael and David.
"Hey Scarlett."
"Hello David." I couldn't look into his bright eyes, they were so overpowering.
"There are scars on your arms." he observed.
"You think I haven't noticed?!" I spat back at him. He looked taken aback.
"Woah calm down, Scarlett its okay." Michael rubbed my back soothingly.
"Sorry Scarlett." David apologized.
"No, Im sorry." I winced. "Where are the others?"
"We dont know. They'll turn up soon enough, they always do." As soon as Michael said that, the boys rode up to us on their bikes. Choruses of "Hello Scarlett!" chimed, and I smiled.
"Hello." I said.
"There are scars on-"
"Dude, shut up. She just totally roasted David for pointing that out. Trust me, you dont want to get on the wrong side of Scarlett! You are looking at America's Pro Kickboxing Champion 3 times in a row." Michael grinned proudly.
The boys' eyes widened.
"Woah, sorry Scarlett." said Paul, who started pointing out my scars.
"It's okay." I smiled playfully at him. He grinned and winked at me.
"Woah chill out Marko!" Dwayne exclaimed.
"What? What did I do!?" Marko cried.
"You just totally gave Paul a death stare for smiling at Scarlett, dude." Dwayne replied. I looked at Marko.
"Pfft no way man!!" Marko said. Dwayne raised his eyebrows.
"Well, anyway....we are going to the cave, you coming?" David asked, looking at Michael and me. A cave? That didn't sound very safe... I looked at Michael. He nodded.
"You coming Scarlett?" David asked.
"If Michael's going, then I'm going." I grinned. The boys cheered.
"Do you want to go on Michael's bike or one of ours?" Dwayne asked.
"You can come on mine if you like." Paul said. I nodded, and he held a hand out for me to take. I held it and swung my leg round, seating myself on the back of the bike. I almost imitated my famous roundhouse kick. "Hold on tight." Paul murmured. I wrapped my arms around his muscular torso. I yelped as the engine kicked in, and we went flying down the boardwalk after the David and Michael, with Dwayne and Marko behind us. I clung on for dear life as we speed down the beach, my auburn hair whipping in the wind. We rode off the beach onto a narrow path, and then we stopped right beside a cliff. I I jumped off the bike, and surprisingly Marko caught me in mid air. He spun round and carefully set me down on the ground. I stared at him.
"What? You look frail." It was actually good that he caught me. My legs were still quite weak after losing all that blood. I smiled. "Thanks." he grinned and took my hand. We walked down a wooden staircase on the edge of the cliff. There was a sign in front of a large opening, saying "DO NOT ENTER". Naturally, we ignored the sign and went inside. We entered into a cluttered room. Loads of miscellaneous items filled the large area. I followed Michael and sat down on a totally random deckchair. Paul pouted his lip at me doing so, and patted his lap. I laughed and walked over to him. I sat sideways on his lap, and he coiled one arm around my waist. My stomach jolted.
"Go grab the bottle Dwayne, since Paul has his hands full." David chuckled. Suddenly a young girl about my age appeared from across the room. She smiled at me timidly.
"Oh, Scarlett. This is Star. And that is Laddie." David said, not looking but somehow noticing that they were there. I looked past Star and saw a small little boy about 8 years old, clutching onto Star's beautiful gypsy skirt. How come they are with a bunch of careless boys? I noticed Dwayne had come back. He had a bottle in his hands, adorned with bright jewels. There was red liquid that looked like wine inside. David thanked Dwayne and took the bottle. He sipped some of the fluid and and sighed in content. He passed the bottle over to me.
"Drink this Scarlett. Be one of us." I smiled and nodded. It was just wine, right? I tipped my head back and took a generous gulp.
"Bravo!" David cheered. Paul pulled me closer to him. Suddenly, I heard Marko's voice in my head. Scarlett, don't. You'll regret it babe.
I gasped, and snapped my head up. Sure enough, Marko was staring at me. Pfft, I must be hearing things, I thought. Then I heard him again.
No, you're not hearing things. Let me explain. The red liquid you just drank wasn't wine, it was David's blood. You are now a half vampire. I'm a full vampire. Full vampires can talk through a thought stream to halves, but halves can't talk to halves. Do you understand?
Ha, okay. I'm definitely day dreaming again.
Hey, don't fuck with me! If that wasn't all true, would I be talking to you right now inside your head? Really, are you that stupid?! You don't look stupid.
I sighed. I was too tired to argue. I replied back.
Wait, so everyone in the room can hear us?
No. I closed the thought stream. Only I can hear you right now.
Wow. This is crazy. But it must be true. I mean, I can hear Marko! I don't know, I'll ask Michael when we get back home. I smiled at Marko. Thanks for telling me, Marko. You're cool.
He laughed.
And you are the prettiest girl I've ever seen.I smiled at him.
You're just saying that, but thanks.
He looked at me, with a serious face.
I'm not.
Suddenly, Paul tightened his grip on me. I sighed and snuggled into Paul's warm torso.
He's playing you.
I rolled my eyes.
Relax! I dont even like him like that. I've only known him for two days, plus I haven't ever had a boyfriend. I wouldn't even know where to start.
He sighed in relief. I raised my eyebrows.
What if I did like Paul?
He shot me a stern look.
Well then, we would have a problem. Just go to sleep, Scarlett. A problem? What problem? I felt my eyes starting to close slowly, and Paul wrapped his arms around me like a protective older brother. I closed my eyes, and saw darkness as I slowly fell asleep.