Status: This is not the end! Hold on people!

Don't Leave Me

Chapter 6

I woke up to Nanook licking my face. I felt so drowsy, and I had a raging headache. Ugh, the curtains were open. I stumbled out of bed groaning. I walked over and shut the curtains firmly closed. I realized that I haven't actually had a chance to talk to Michael about this vampire thing. I sat in silence to hear if he was still in bed. Yep, snoring like a pig. I climbed up the ladder, and sat on the end of the bunk. I shook him gently. I heard him groan softly. "Michael?" He woke up sleepily.
"Good morning Scarlett...." he gave me a sleepy grin. He sat up and faced me on the bed.
"I want to talk to you." I smiled.
"I can see that" he laughed.
"Um, well...I want to know what's going on. Like, vampirish things." He burst out laughing.
"Okay, well. Let me explain then, from the start. Me and Sammy moved to Santa Carla, and I fell in love with Star. David and the boys led me to the cave, turned me into a half vampire, and I ended up making my first kill, which happened to be a Surf Nazi." he said.
I gave him a confused look. He sighed.
"A Surf Nazi is a dedicated surfer, but they are mainly idiots. They are very tasty though."
I laughed.
"So anyway, you become a full vampire when you make your first kill. And yes, the boys are all full vampires. Cover enough?" he asked me.
I smiled and nodded.
"Thanks Michael. I needed that. So, does Lucy and Sam know that you're a freaky blood sucking monster?" I grinned.
I heard a sharp intake of breath.
"Yes, they sure do. Because they're freaky blood sucking monsters too."
I gasped.
"Yeah, well, Mom's got a boyfriend called Max, who is the Head Vampire. He takes care of David and the boys from a distance. They got serious, and turned Mom into a vampire, and Sammy too. That's why you can't smell their blood."
I nodded.
"Okay, thanks for the info." I said, as I climbed down the ladder. I did my morning routine in record time. I walked downstairs, to find Sam sitting on the sofa watching MTV. I sat next to him, and lay my legs over his lap. He smiled, and stroked my legs.
"Sammy, I have a headache." I pouted.
"Well, I could kiss it and make it better...." his sentence trailed off.
"Or kiss me, but that would be weird." I said, leaning my head backwards and looking at the ceiling.
"Would it? And why would that be?" he smirked, looking at me.
"Well, you're like my brother, right?" I smirked back.

He pouted. He stroked my legs.
"Sam, I know about the vampires in Santa Carla." I said, looking at him.
He nodded. "Michael, huh. I'm guessing that means that you're one of us now too?" he asked.
"Well, half." I replied.
"That makes sense, seeing that I can't smell you." he chuckled. He sighed, pushed my legs off gently, and got up, leaving me sat on the sofa.
"Oh, by the way..." he smirked. He leaned down, and kissed me gently on the lips. He pulled away.
"Weird?" he asked. I was speechless. I struggled to get my words out.
"I-I don't know."
He laughed, and walked into the kitchen.

It was 8pm, and I was walking down the boardwalk. Past the lights, the blasting music an the screams and laughs. I was wearing a beautiful white Victorian lace corset, and a pink gypsy skirt. The same skirt as Star's, to be exact. Suddenly, I saw Alan smiling at me from the open entrance of the comic book store. I walked towards him.
"Hey, Scarlett. You're looking nice tonight." he smiled.
"Thanks, so are you." I said.
"So, you doing anything?" he asked me.
"Actually, no. Can I hang out with you for a while?"
He nodded, and smiled.
"Stop it." I warned him.
"Stop what?"
"Smiling and doing that...that thing with your eyes!" I cried.
"You know you love it!" he winked at me.
I rolled my eyes, and grinned. A roar of engines sounded from the boardwalk. I felt an arm snake around my waist, and pull me into a warm body. I suddenly smelled the fresh scent of blood. It was Alan.
"Woah, steady Tiger!" I turned to face him, distancing myself a bit, so that the smell of blood was fainter. "What was that for, huh?"
"I dunno, I just....I'm just a little protective over you, that's all. You look frail. Plus I wanted to hug you." he grinned cheekily.
"Scarlett!" someone called. I turned around to find David, leaning against the doorframe of the store. He looked at me and Alan. I had only just realized our position. I was facing Alan, with his arms around my waist I looked at Alan, and all he could do was smirk. I took his arms off me.
"Yep, David?" I asked.
"Which bike?" he grinned.
"Marko's. I'll be out in a second." I said. David nodded and walked towards the bikes.
"You know them?" he asked, jaw wide open.
"Yep. See you tomorrow then, Al." I grinned and walked out the door.
"Hey guys!" I said, and climbed onto Marko's bike.
"Hey Scarlett."
"Yo Scar!"
"Let's go!" David yelled.
The roar of bikes sounded through the boardwalk as we rode down the beach to Hudson's Bluff.
♠ ♠ ♠
I know!! I think this part was a bit of an emotional rollercoaster. SO I hope you enjoy this!

And yes.....Grandpa does have a TV in this.