Status: Updates Eventually.

It's Been a While

Daddy Issues

“Becca, come on! Sky’s got a new bottle of vodka and we’ve all got Daddy issues to work out, so why not join us?” Mama called and I tucked my phone into my bra. Cupcake was already settled on the pullout couch the three girls living there had cleared for me.

“I don’t drink,” I replied honestly. “Not anymore. I tried it in high school- I woke up in the tech basement lying in a Devil’s Trap with Latin written all up and down my arms. I don’t think I need that again.” Granted, it was years ago and I’d hopefully developed a slightly higher tolerance since then.

“Just once?” Tania asked, trying to remain serious but cackling shortly after. So she’d already been drinking, then. “Ah, more for us I guess. What’d Natalie say?”

“She’s just happy to know that I’m alright,” I sighed. My anger cooled off quickly after I stormed out. If I hadn’t found the trio at the playground acting like a bunch of crazies, I would’ve turned around and went back home. “Gerard filed a missing person’s report, and Natalie tried to clear it up but they still might come around looking.”

“Sheesh, you’re a legal adult, kid,” Mama said. “My worst issue’s that I got a lazy ass for a dad who never came to my shows in grade school.”

“It’s my mom that’s the issue in my family,” Sky argued. “She wanted me to become a ballerina even though I can’t dance for shit. I went through ten years of classes, only to be put in the chorus for every. Single. Recital.”

“There’s a chorus for a ballet recital?” Another round of shots was passed around.

“They made one because I’m telling you, I can’t dance. You got something to gripe about, Tania?”

“Nope. My parents are actors. I grew up practically on stage. You know I was baby Jesus two years in a row for a Christmas pageant? I got the heavenly look just right, too. Back to you, Becca.”

I sighed. “I might as well draw you a flow chart for this, but I’ve got not paper so try and follow. I had my biological parents, but then we got separated because of my god-awful grandparents so I went to an orphanage, got adopted by a band, found out my parents were still alive, went on tour, had to deal with a drunken father figure, left Jersey with yet a different father figure, got into theater and apparently shamed the whole family. Now gimme that bottle.”