Status: Completed.

Love of Two is One

Street-musician

“Sleeping at work again, Fuentes?” My boss’s voice echoed through the room. I glared up at him, my head still resting on my arms on my desk. I had to bite my tongue to hold in the sassy comeback that was itching in the back of my throat to be spat out. “Sorry, man. It won’t happen again.” I gave him a somewhat reassuring smile, and sat up. He shot me a stern look and then walked off. I sighed in relief, and rested my chin on my hand. I hadn’t slept at all throughout the whole night. All I could think about was that strange boy from last night. I had the note in my pocket, safe and secure. I’d spent the night reading it, over and over again. What was it about that boy? I couldn’t stop thinking about him. I guess it’s just because like yeah, he followed me home and gave me a note. He was strange. Special kind of. Maybe even insane? But still, he was stunning. I don’t even know who he is, nor have I seen him before. “Get the fuck out of my head, goddamnit.” I murmured to myself. This was going to be a long fucking day at work.

5:12pm and I walked out of the library building, debating whether I should go to Fresh Pot and get my coffee. I was scared, to say the least. What if he was some psycho killer who was out to get me for no apparent reason whatsoever? I was scared out of my mind to see that guy. But although my reasonable side decided against, my naïve and hopeless romantic side were aching to see that guy again. So I walked towards the coffee shop, or more specifically, ran.

Only a few blocks away from my destination, I heard someone singing. Their voice was so beautiful, so mesmerizing. It was angelic, almost. As if it was one of God’s angels themselves who sang on the street. I looked around and I noticed a boy sitting on the asphalt with a guitar and his guitar-case placed in front of him. I walked closer to have a better look, and then I saw him. It was the strange boy from last night. He was wearing a hoodie, which looked like it was 5 sizes too big, ripped, worn out skinny jeans, and…no shoes. Oh, okay then.

I walked closer and closer, even though the bad feeling in my gut and my shaking hands told me to do otherwise, until eventually I stood nearly right beside him. His eyes were closed and I guess he didn’t notice me coming up beside him because- “Hey.” The boy squealed, dropped his guitar, tripped over his guitar, and fell on his butt with a thud. His facial-expression was priceless, and I couldn’t help but laugh. “Are you okay? I’m so sorry!” I chuckled. I reached a hand out for him to help him up. “Uh, hi.” He smiled shyly. “I’m terribly sorry if I startled you.” I kept repeating apologies as I helped him up. “No, it’s- It’s okay, really. I’m fine.” He replied with a half-smile. He was seriously attractive, like, wow. The color of his eyes was nothing like I’d ever seen before. And his smile, showing pearl white, straight teeth. He was so gorgeous. His bangs fell in his eyes in a way that would make anyone want to push them out of his face and kiss his forehead. Or maybe it’s just me.

“Sorry, uh, Vic.” I smiled and held my hand out for him to shake. He shook it politely, and grinned. “Kellin.” Hell, even his name was beautiful. “So, you sing, huh?” I asked, pathetically attempting on making conversation with this boy that was the cause of my lack of sleep last night. “Yeah. Gotta do something for a living, right?” The boy, now known as Kellin, laughed. “So, you sing and play guitar on the street for a living?” I replied a bit surprised. He smiled slightly towards the ground and nodded his head, “Yeah…” He trailed off. I was confused, to be honest with you. How could someone make a living out of being a street musician? “Hey, were you on your way to Fresh Pot?” Kellin looked up again to meet my eyes, and I couldn’t help myself but get lost in his beautiful, piercing blue-grey eyes. Wow, I’m so cliché. But I couldn’t help it, he was just so…strangely beautiful. I think that’s the 100th time that day were I mentally called him beautiful. I couldn’t say it enough though. Because really, he was really mother fucking beautiful.

“Hello, earth to Vic?” A hand waved in front of my face and I snapped my eyes up to meet Kellin’s. I must’ve been so lost in my own thoughts that I didn’t notice that we started walking towards the coffee shop. “Vic, are you alright?” Kellin asked in a worrying tone, and looked at me concerned. Wow, he was…Wait, stop it Vic. I had to say something. “Uh,” I cleared my throat, “Yes, I’m fine. Sorry, I guess I got kind of distracted.” Hah, could’ve thought that I was the one who had followed him home last night and given him a note. The note. Yes, I had to talk to him about the note. “Thanks for the compliment, by the way.” I grinned. Wow Vic, that was pathetic. He gave me a questioning look, confusion written all over his pretty little face. “Uh, I mean. The note, thingy, last night, and stuff…” I trailed off, not knowing what to say. I was so fucking awkward, I couldn’t even believe it. “Jesus Christmas, uh…” I muttered, mentally cursing myself for being born so freakin’ awkward. I looked up at Kellin again, and saw he was blushing a light shade of pink. I bit my lip to stop myself from ‘aw’ing out loud. He was so adorable. “Oh, uh, you’re welcome.” Kellin murmured, he said the last part barely audible. Aw, cute. My brain kept screaming compliments at him. I could only hope to God that he couldn’t read minds.

We arrived at Fresh Pot after 10 minutes of walking in silence, with some small talk here and there. I spent those 10 minutes staring at him, mentally complimenting him and trying to figure out something to say. I couldn’t come up with anything though, and I cursed myself yet again for being so damn awkward.

We ordered our coffee’s and sat down at a table near the window, in the back. We sat in complete silence until Kellin decided to speak up. “Honestly Vic, I didn’t think you would talk to me after last night. Most people in their right state of mind wouldn’t.” I couldn’t tell if he was joking, or if he was serious. I’d guess he was both judging on the serious look on his face, but the mild tone he spoke in. I didn’t really know what to answer though, so I just smiled and took a sip of my coffee. He did the same, and our eyes were locked the whole time. “I didn’t mean to freak you out or anything, if I did. I just was too shy and scared to say it to your face, you know.” He chuckled lightly under his breath and took another sip of his coffee. “So you followed me almost all the way home and handed me a note instead?” I laughed, kind of jokingly. Kellin laughed with me and nodded his head, “Yeah, something like that.” He mumbled.

An hour passed by with us cracking jokes and talking about everything and nothing. We had just laughed our asses off at all the creative swear-words that could come out of my mouth randomly if I did something like…spilling coffee all over my lap, when Kellin suddenly stopped laughing and stared straight past me. “Kellin…are you okay?” I asked, and leaned over. I put my hand on his shoulder and looked at him with concern. He immediately flinched away from my touch and started muttering things under his breath. I couldn’t make out exactly what he said but there was something like ‘Get away from me’ and ‘You’re not real’. I was starting to seriously get scared when he started sweating and shaking. He bit his lip and I could see that he was holding back tears. “Kellin…” I whispered, I was seriously terrifed now. Suddenly, Kellin shot up from his seat and looked around. “Wh-what t-time is it?” He stuttered. I searched my pocket for my cellphone and pulled it out. “6:30, wh-“ I was cut off because of him cursing and muttering things to himself under his breath again. “Fucking stupid, Kellin. Ju-ju-jus-st fucking pe-rrr-fect.” He stuttered quietly, and ran out of the coffee shop.

I sighed loudly, and sunk down in the comfortable chair. “Whaaaaaat theeeee fuuuuuuck…” I said loudly as I tilted my head back and closed my eyes. This boy was crazy, and he was driving me crazy with him.
♠ ♠ ♠
Feedback would be seriously great, guys. I tend to be really fucking insecure on the things I post asdfghj but oh my god my feels is spinning around like crazy atm (wrITING tHe NExT CHAPTER ALREADY) yurp.