Status: :) R&R and I love you.

Abused

Twenty-three

I gasp when I feel the shirt touch my skin. It's still aching pretty fucking bad, and I am so not going to wear any bikini anymore, because that bastard ruined my stomach with that knife. But of course that really doesn't matter, because I survived. The most important thing right now is that I made it alive and now I get to be together with Zak and I can finally continue my life the way it was. Oh, and Laura returned back home.. She was safe all the time and she was sorry to hear what happened to me. I sigh and try to put on some socks. Maybe my life could now become a tiny bit easier and less extreme. I'd like to have a normal life for a small while, at least.

I button my jeans, staring at the collection of bruises I have all over my skin. It makes me feel sick, but somehow still a slight bit happy. I am happy to be alive. I take a look at the mirror and give up immediately. No way I'm doing my hair because it's not really going to look any better. I'd need to brush it for hours and hours.. I sigh loudly and unlock the toilet door and step back in the small hospital room, where Zak is talking with a nurse. I am so glad he agreed to take me home today. Okay, I may have done something to persuade him. I can't help smirking as I close the door silently behind myself.

"Miss Greene?" the nurse, who seems to be an old lady, says silently. I just nod "Yeah?" And then I take a couple of steps closer. "You are probably going to feel a little sick for some days. You might also experience feelings of nausea or fatigue, but that is completely normal considering your situation", she says and I nod, stopping behind Zak's back. "Thank you", I mumble at the nurse who then rushes out of the room and closes the door behind herself with a smile. I grab Zak's warm hand and trace my fingers on his wrist. Then I entwine our fingers and sigh from relief. He huffs amusedly and gazes over his shoulder. "Are you sure you are feeling fine? Maybe you should stay for another night?" He tries and I give him my best glare, and roll my eyes. Is he fucking serious? "I thought we went trough this already", I mutter and he makes a pouting face. I muffle a giggle. "Reeeeally, I am just fine. Never been better. End of discussion", I say and HE rolls his eyes. "Right, I still think you should have stayed for one more night", he mutters and I head towards the door and force him to follow me by pulling his hand. "Nope. I..", I swallow and study the expression on his face "I have other plans for tonight."

His eyes widen in slight confusion and then his perfect brows furrow slightly. I let out a small laugh and I bring my free hand on his chest. I trace it slowly down his chest and hear him gasp. "Okay, I got it. Thank you for the demonstration", he mutters and exhales sharply with a smirk on his lips. "And thanks for telling me about your plans. I think you need me for it, as well." He laughs at the face I make. Then I just shrug. "Nah. You'll relent. Always", I say and he shakes his head. "And I just told you." He laughs and wraps his hand around my waist. I let out a small whine as his hand touches the hurting, bruised skin. "Sorry", he mumbles and moves his hands quickly. I let my head rest on his shoulder and I smile. "No, that's fine." I breathe in his scent and nuzzle my nose on his jaw. "I've missed you", I breathe out against his hot skin smile. He chuckles silently and I feel his strong body shiver. "I've missed you too", he says and I allow myself to kiss gently the skin of his neck. It tastes like Zak, and the idea of how long it will take until it's evening makes me sigh.

We walk out from two huge glass doors and I soon notice a familiar van nearby. "You're here with that van?" I ask surprisedly and he just shrugs. "I've got the guys with me, why?" He asks and I just gesture with my hand that it's fine. "I'll just have to keep my hands for myself for the ride home, then", I mumble and feel his body shiver again. I let out a small amused laugh. This is so much fun. I wish I had known his weaknesses and sweet spots so much earlier. He obviously knew mine, so it wasn't fair. Until I figured out his. And these things I keep whispering to his ear are (hopefully) making him insane. I don't need anything like that. Just seeing him makes me go crazy. Right now it feels like an impossible challenge to behave in front of Nick and Aaron for the ride that probably lasts for only ten or fifteen minutes, even less if the traffic's not bad.

Zak helps me to walk across the big yard, and the nurse was right. I do feel a slight bit tired, even though I just slept 48 hours, so.. I yawn silently and cover my mouth with my free hand. Zak opens the door of their white van and helps me to sit in the back. Nick and Aaron are sitting in the front. "Nad! Great to have you back!" Nick says and smiles at me trough the mirror. I smile back at him and lay down. Zak opens the door and sits on the seat. I crawl closer to him and place my head on his inviting lap. He huffs as I sigh. I close my eyes for a small moment and I feel his hand in my hair, another one on my neck. His fingers gently caress on my collar bone, sending shocks trough my whole body. Those are little shocks of need, desire. And it's driving me crazy.

I let my hand rest on his thigh. Then, I innocently squeeze his thigh. I feel his body tremble under me and I chuckle. He glares at me under his lashes and I just withdraw my hand completely, eyeing him in the silence. Then I close my eyes and let myself rest for the small moment.

**
My heart feels so heavy as my eyes flicker slowly open. I feel my brows furrow involuntarily as my hand moves to my chest, just checking that my heart actually beats. I feel the pulse under my heated fingertips and I sigh loudly. It seems that I am alive. I had the worst nightmare, again. It includes so much pain and blood, but still it's somehow so intensive and loving, because I could see Zak and I-.. I look around in confusion. Wasn't I in his van just a moment ago? I shake my head. Unbelievable. It looks like his bedroom. The big double bed has black sheets, and three big pillows on it. I have a grey blanket on me, and his curtains are closed. I can see some sunlight, leaking trough the canvas, dancing on the wooden floor around the bed. It makes me wonder if it's actually a day. And if it's the same day I got out of the hospital. Well, the nurse did mention that I could feel extremely tired. Maybe it's a psychological thing, too. I might have gotten like a trauma or something, because I still feel tired. I guess the only one way to find out is.. I sit up.

My back hurts a bit, and I rub it with my hand an annoyed "ouch" escaping my lips. I don't want to see myself right now. I probably look like a complete mess. I stand up carefully and my body feels sore and I feel my legs shake. So maybe I am not completely fine yet. I walk all the way to the door, place my hand on the cold metallic handle and open it silently. I look around in the hallway. I can see his kitchen, but he isn't there. There is a clock but I am unable to make out the numbers as I am so far away. I can see the door, leading to his living room but I can't see him there, either.

I sneak into the kitchen. 4:57. Wow. It's like afternoon already. But I am not sure if it's the same afternoon and it makes me feel weird. "Zak", I say loudly and I hear my voice echo in the big room. He doesn't respond to it at all, so I assume that he's not downstairs. I make my way to his stairs and climb them up one at a time as my body still feels so hurt and fragile. "Zak!" I almost shout. I stop by the bathroom door and listen. I don't hear the sound of water running, so he probably isn't in the shower right now. Besides, he showers in the evening or early morning, not in the middle of the day. Or in the afternoon. Or maybe it's like evening already. I bring my hand to my stomach. I am kinda hungry, too. "Zak!" Where in the fuck is that guy?

I open the door to the bathroom, but like I assumed, he isn't there. I shake my head and make an annoyed face. "Zachary A. Bagans!" I shout and that's when I hear a sound downstairs. "Ha", I mumble and make my way back to the stairs. I lean on the wall as I walk back down. "Zaaaaaaaaaaaaaaak!" I walk in the living room and then I spot him on the couch. He is asleep. He looks so peaceful. Life seems so normal. Just like I never got stabbed and I never left him. I sigh and slowly walk to him. I look at his sleeping form. He is breathing evenly, and his lashes move slightly against each other. I know he's dreaming right now. He looks so happy. But sometimes I see how his brows furrow and he makes a frustrated or sad sounds. Sometimes he has bad nightmares because of his job. Or maybe even because of me. Not to be selfish, I'm not saying that he's dreaming about me. He has nightmares because of me. I have caused him so many troubles. And I am sure there are more to come. Sometimes I think that I should leave him alone, and let him find someone who doesn't get him into trouble, but I know that it would hurt him. And I can't do anything that would hurt him. And maybe it's also selfish. I don't want to lose him because right now he is the only thing, protecting me against the darkness. Not only the paranormal, my dad and all that other shit, but also against my fears and the past. I know I am safe with him. He doesn't hit me, he doesn't hurt me. He couldn't hurt me. I let out a sigh and then place my hand on his cheek.

"Zak", I whisper and kneel on the floor in front of him. He has a pillow under his other cheek and he has his arm wrapped around himself. I caress his cheek gently and my finger touches his pink lip. "Zak, wake up", I say and he furrows his brows. His face makes me laugh, and I slap a hand over my mouth. I don't want to wake him up by laughing. He sighs and looks annoyed because I just disturbed his sleep. "Zak", I try again. Like I've said a million times, it's impossible to wake him. I shake his shoulder and kiss his cheek. He lets out a whine and I shake my head. I kiss his lips softly and slide my hand down his chest. He makes a high pitched sound and his eyes crack open. "Nad?" he asks in disbelief and I just roll my eyes normally. "No, it's the Santa", I mutter and he huffs. He stretches his hands and sits up. "How long was I asleep?" I ask and he smiles gently. "Just a couple of hours", he says softly and cups my face with his hand. His palm feels soft yet rough against my cheekbone.

"I have to show you something", he says and stands up. I grab his hand and entwine our fingers. "Where's my good morning kiss?" I retort playfully and he laughs. He wraps his hands around my waist and pulls me close to his chest. His lips meet mine and the feeling is very intimate and innocent. He kisses me roughly and I bite his lower lip. I have learned to know his weaknesses and he lets our a soft groan. "Not now", he whispers and laughs and then pulls away quickly. I raise an eyebrow and make a pouting face. He grins at my face. "In the evening, I promise", he says and I look a bit more pleased. He then just leads the way to the kitchen. Then he disappears and leaves me wondering what the hell is about to happen.