Status: :) R&R and I love you.

Abused

Twenty-four

I can't get my eyes off the screen of his laptop in front of me. I keep staring at it in a slight shock and amazement. I am not sure if it's a good or a bad thing. A good thing, I guess. A great thing for him. It's something I know he has wanted to do for ages, and it's only fair that after all this shit we've been trough he gets a chance to make that dream come true. But. Like honestly. It sounds so scary. And what about us? We just got things back together, and well.. Well.. It's Zak we're talking about. But still.

"Poveglia?" escapes between my lips. He turns his head towards me and smiles a little proudly. "Yeah", he whispers, loud enough to be heard by my still sleepy ears. I know he has wanted to return to Poveglia for ages. He says it's the place still haunting him, and I am sure it's the cause of his nightmares. But, in the other hand, it could help him forget about the horrors if we went there and nothing happened. "But.. When?" I ask and meet his blue, deep eyes that now have the almost unfamiliar sparkle of excitement in them. I've missed that gaze. It's his Ghost Adventures- gaze. So brave and so fearless but still reminds be of an excited puppy who's about to get out for a long walk. It makes me grin and I muffle a giggle. He raises an eyebrow. "Next week", he then replies quickly and grabs my hand gently.

I let out a huff and then allow myself to smile. It's going to be fun. Just like nothing happened. Just like the "good old times" ghost hunting with him, Aaron, Nick and Billy. "That sounds.. great", I say and meet his eyes again. He is obviously looking for something in my eyes. I suppose it's discomfort, or something negative, but as he is unable to find it, he gives up and kisses me gently, instead. His lips taste like mint. I smile against his lips and touch his strong neck with my fingers. "Eeeeew", he says and makes a face at me. I roll my eyes. "What?" But he just grins. "Your fingers are cold!" At first I try to come up with a sarcastic retort but then I burst out laughing against his chest, and soon we are both laughing, for absolutely nothing. But we just laugh. "Zak.." I manage, while trying to catch my breath.

I see his eyes flutter closed and open, his lashes moving against each other like thousands of tiny butterflies. "I've missed you." Then he chuckles. "I've been here all the time", he replies and then entwines our fingers gently in between our bodies. "And I'll be here forever." I freeze, unable to make out any words at all. He obviously notices what he's doing to me by his words and he pulls me close for a passionate kiss. I feel his free hand explore on my back, and I shiver as he touches my messy, long hair.
There's one thing I'm certain about. I am absolutely happy to hear that he's going to be with me. Forever.

"Besides.. I knew you'd just love Italy", he says and smiles smugly. I punch him playfully in the shoulder. "How'd you know that?" I ask and he rolls his eyes. "Because I read you like a book! No.. Just kidding. I just thought that you'd like to go some place warm and spend some time together.. after.. you know." I nod and feel the smile spread on my face. "I love you", I whisper and he gets serious. "Nad..", he starts. I keep staring at him in the eyes, probably fucking drooling in the meanwhile, sharing a heartbeat. But he doesn't reply. Instead..

"Catch me if you can!" He yells and suddenly rushes towards the stairs. "Hey! Jerk!" I mutter and run after him. I chase him all the way upstairs, but then I have to stop for a minute to catch my breath. And, of course he has already disappeared and hidden somewhere. (JERK). I feel my own, rapid heartbeat against my still bruised chest as I keep walking slowly towards the bathroom. I stop in front of the white bathroom door, and listen carefully. Zak is usually pretty loud. Honestly, you wouldn't believe the amount of noise he can make during our investigations or when everyone else is asleep. So I press my ear against the wood. But nothing can be heard. Zak can't be in there. I turn on my heels and sneak to his bedroom door. Then I slowly place my hand on the door handle, and attack like a wild animal.

I land on top of him as he's laying on the bed. I giggle when I feel his arm somewhere around my waist. "Zak, you are an idiot", I state as he tickles me. "Hey! Quit that", I command but he just shakes his head with a grin on his face. "Nope." I give him my best glare, unable to stop laughing. "Honestly! I need to breath. Stop it!" But he just rolls his eyes. He gives me a somewhat smug look as he knows he can over-power me whenever the hell he likes. "Then make me."

Zak Bagans, sometimes I fucking hate you so much that I'd just like to kiss you.

**
Zak is the best thing that's ever happened to me. Honestly. Sometimes I feel he's that one thing, keeping me alive and together, when everything else seems to collapse. My life hasn't been perfect. Like, ever. You know the way my dad is, and what's he's done to me. I lost my job, and it made me frustrated because I literally had to work my ass off just to get trough school. I simply thought my world would end that day I lost my job, but it didn't. It changed. And something incredible happened. It brought me to Zak. And because of him I can say that my life is great, and I love it.

I hear the muffled sound of TV nearby but I am so deep in my thoughts, so I have no idea what's going on there. I guess I am watching the X-factor as I am able to hear someone sing Katy Perry. I blink a few times tiredly, my eyes gazing towards the dim light coming from Zak's kitchen. He's so excited about Poveglia. I can see it in everything he does. In the way he smiles, walks.. Happy as a 5-year-old in christmas. I guess I am, too, because I've honestly never been abroad. And abroad, with Zak, sounds perfect. Despite the fact that I'll need to sit many hours in a PLANE, far above in the AIR. I hate flying, but I suppose swimming to Italy is not an option. I smile and stretch my arms. Zak promised he'd cook us something nice and healthy to eat, as we equally decided not to eat any more pizza and tacos (this week). I am sitting on his couch, watching the TV without actually watching it, and waiting for the dinner interestedly. I am not that hungry really, and I kinda feel lonely in the living room without him. So I slowly decide to stand up. Fuck this, I need a cuddle.

I sneak to the kitchen door and stop in awe as I see him by the table, obviously cooking. I don't really have the words to explain how gorgeous he looks like when he's just standing there, his back towards me, the scent of food all around me. I don't really want to disturb him, but I want to wrap my arms around him so badly. I sigh silently and watch him pick up a kitchen knife and walk towards the fridge. He's doing some salad and it makes my stomach feel empty. My stomach makes a weird, hungry whale-like sound, and I shush it. Then I roll my eyes because obviously you can't tell your own hungry body to shut up, because you want to surprise your boyfriend. I bring my hand to touch my stomach, but there's something I kinda would like to do before the dinner. So I take two steps closer to him, and count to three inside my head. Then I wrap my hands around him quickly from behind. He drops a cucumber one the floor in surprise, a huff leaving his perfect lips. "Nad?" He asks silently. I nod against his back. "A surprise", I mumble, and trace my hands down his well-built chest. "A pleasant surprise", he says and I can hear the smirk in his voice. I just nod, and gently nibble the skin of his shoulder with my lips. His skin tastes like Zak. I really like it. And I sound like a creep again..

"But-.. Didn't you say you were hungry?" He asks, wondering what's gone into me. I giggle and shake my head a no. "Nope." He huffs again tries to look at me over his shoulder, but doesn't really succeed. "I'm pretty sure you di-", but I cut him off by squeezing his thigh trough the jean innocently. I hear his breath hitch in his throat. "I said I was STARVING", I correct and I could bet that he's rolling his eyes. "Whatever..", he playfully mumbles. "The dinner is almost ready, so why don't you just-..", he starts, but I innocently slide my hand under his shirt, against his hot skin. "I don't want to eat right now..", I whisper and I hear him swallow loudly. "Right", he mutters. I touch his abs with the tips of my fingers, and he just stands there, frozen. "And I'm sure I won't have to persuade you too much.." I feel his body tremble as he laughs. His skin feels so soft against mine, and I bring my left hand to his belt buckle. The metal feels slightly cold under my hand. I slide my hand innocently south and then down his right thigh. I hear him whine silently behind his sealed lips. That's when he then suddenly turns around and picks me up like a cat or something. Very romantic.

"Hey! That's not fair", I yell and try to control my giggling. Why does he have to be so fucking strong? Every time I'd like to do something like this, he just picks me up. Unfair. If I only could I'd so pick him up and throw HIM in the bed. Not the other way around. "Nope. It's perfectly legal and I know you have nothing against it", he says and smiles smugly. It's confusing. I'd like to torture him, like really. He makes me roll my eyes. He carries me to his bedroom and drops me on the bed. I feel a pillow hit my back, and soon he sits on the bed as well. "It's not my fault if you starve to death, then.", he states and I roll my eyes again. "It's not. Come on, Zak", I mumble, just wanting to wrap my hands around his strong body. He slowly crawls close to me, but not close enough for me to kiss him. It makes my lips ache. I want-.. I WANT.. "You dick."

He laughs and suddenly presses his hot lips against mine. We share a passionate kiss. I tug his shirt gently, and his eyes meet mine. The blue, now dark blue, makes me shiver. He gets the hint and flings his shirt on the floor with one smooth movement. "Zak..", I mumble as I stare at him hungrily. "Yeah?" he mumbles, entwining our fingers in between our bodies. "I think I really fucking love you."