The Hockey Girlfriends

Chapter Two.

I look back at Brayden now as well, and i slightly glare at him unintentionally. “Call me later alright.” I softly say to Tori, patting her arm and I get up. I walk past Brayden staring at him and once I’m out in the hall it hits that not only is Brayden home, but James is too. I run next door to our apartment and burst through the door.

“James!” I screech and smile widely.

He turns back towards me and i run over to him, jumping into his arms.

“I missed you!” i giggle happily and lay my head on his shoulder, wrapping my legs around his waist and arms around his neck to support myself in his arms.

“I missed you more, beautiful.” He gazes down at me smiling widely. He’s always been the type to be sweet and kind, and always compliment me and randomly assure me of how much he loves me, and it felt good sometimes.

Just as i look up, he wastes no time and leans down leaving a soft kiss on my lips. A smile is brought to my face and i run my fingers through his hair on the back of his neck.

“To the bedroom!” He chuckles, once he pulls back and he runs down the hall, gripping me tightly to him.

“To watch movies right?” I smirk, glancing up at him, from his arms.

“Noooo!” He lets out a loud whine and kicks his feet, acting like a little kid, pouting out his bottom lip.

“But I want to watch movies!” I say, rolling over to face him and lay my head on his shoulder.

“Make me suffer i get it!” He dramatically says, covering his heart and he throws his head back on his pillow.

“Oh shut it!” I say throwing a blanket over us, and we get comfortable. I turn on the Notebook; something we have had to have watched a million times before. “..So, Tori thinks Brayden is cheating on her. Do you know anything about that?” I ask after a while and i focus my attention on him. “She came to me crying and she’s suppose to be talking to him about it right now.”

“Cheating?” He raises his eyebrows taken back, surprised. “You know how much he cares about her. I don’t think he would ever do that. It seems like she’s it for him. Just like my little Nic.” His face grows a smirk and he pokes my nose.

I scrunch it up and smile with content, and hit my head against his chest gently, moving against his side closer. “I’m just worried. She’s my best friend, and I don’t want to see her hurt anymore. I can only imagine if he tells her it’s true..” I sigh rubbing my forehead.

“Babe, I honestly don’t think Brayden would do that. Just like Tori with you, Brayden is my best friend and we talk about anything and everything. After a while we just come to learn each other’s personality and it’s just not like him to do that. He’s a shy guy.” James has his input on the situation.

“Hey! You’re a shy guy too, before someone gets to know you.” I state poking his chest.

“Yeah and?” He laughs curious of where I’m going with this.

“In my mind, it keep those dirty puckbunnies away from you.” I mumble through my teeth with a roll of my eyes. James laughs, running his fingers in my hair, pushing some of it out from my face. “But I don't even have to worry about them, because I know you’re loyal to me, and I couldn’t be more thankful.” I add, starting to smile.

“See. That’s all that Tori needs. She just needs to trust him more.” James explains, motioning his hands around as he talks.

“But I really do feel like I would do the exact same thing if I found a piece of lingerie in your drawer, that I’ve never even seen before.” I raise my eyebrows and slightly crossing my arms.

“Wait what?” He asks surprised yet again.

“Yeah..” I slowly nod confirming it.

“Damn that’s kinda harsh.” He admits.

I groan nodding and hide my face in his chest. He sighs rubbing my back and holding me in his grip, comforting me. We fall asleep half way through the movie, when we're done our conversation.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Right next door at Tori and Brayden’s place, he’s preparing dinner for the both of them and Tori still has not said a word.

He sets the table nicely and both of them sit down together, each at one end of the table. Brayden is starving since he starts stuffing his face.

“Bray...” Tori starts out softly and sweetly. “Can we talk?”

“Yeah, sweetie ‘bout what?” He mumbles through his stuffed mouth glancing over at her.

“A-...” She can’t seem to get it out of her mouth. “A-Are you cheating on me?” Tori looks at him with a sad look coming from her eyes.

“What?” He asks widening his eyes and practically spits out his food. “What kind of question is that?”

“I found some stuff in your dresser..” Tori quietly respond, referring to the piece of lingerie, that she is still very unfamiliar with and she never crossed paths with it until the day she found it, earlier in the week.

“I can’t believe you don’t trust me.” He squints his eyebrows looking annoyed now, and still shocked. “I love you, Tor! You really think I would risk us and do something so stupid? You’re the only girl I even acknowledge.” He says, with gritted teeth.

“What was i suppose to expect?” She defends getting up from the table when he does and follows him to the door with crossed arms.

“I don’t know but that thought sure as hell shouldn’t have came to you!” He angrily responds and opens the door, storming off next door to James’s with a slam to the door.
♠ ♠ ♠
Let me know what you think!