The Hockey Girlfriends

Chapter Four.

Through tears I look down ashamed and I let out a groan in frustration. “This is my fault!” I explain without letting him respond.

I feel him grasp me in his arms and pull me against his chest. I cry loudly and grip onto James. He gulps big and stays quiet for a few minutes, calming me in his arms.

“So we’re having a baby, huh?” He asks in a whisper and he pushes my hair out of my face.

I tilt my head confused with his emotion, as I sniffle and wipe at my red, irritated eyes from crying.

He pulls down my hands to his sides and James wipes my eyes for me. I smile a bit and sit back on the bathroom counter, looking down at my feet that I swing back and forth.

“It’s not for sure but I’ll go to the doctors.” I whisper in a quick blurt. “I’m sorry.” I add sadly.

He reaches for my hands and squeezes them. “If it’s true, we’ll do this together.”

I lace my fingers with his and sigh relieved. “You really want to get yourself into this?” I sadly ask.

“After all these years, I’m not giving up now. I never would.” He assures me firmly. “I love you, Nic and I mean every word I ever tell you.” He brushes my cheek gently. “Well with the exceptions of when we fight, because I know I can be a real ass and say some things I’m ashamed of.” He adds with a small sigh.

“Yeah but we’ve been good lately, with no arguments.” I smile and move my arms around his neck, pulling him down to me more.

He chuckles and leans in the rest of the way and kisses me. I sigh contently and pull back, rubbing his shoulders.
“So we’re all good now?” James asks smiling.

“Yeah, as long as you’re okay with this whole thing.” I look up questionably.

“Of course I can. I wanted a family with you one day anyway. Maybe we can just start a little earlier than planned.” He admits.

I smile faintly but nod and i hug him tightly. “I’ll see if Tori will take me tomorrow to the doctors while you both have practice.” I say.

He picks me up off the counter and carries me to our bedroom to lay down. I change into a sweatshirt off his and he opens his arms for me once I’m done changing. I collapse against his side and fall asleep exhausted.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I look out the window nervously while Tori drives towards the doctors office, and i fidget in the passenger's seat. She reaches over and pats my hand, which causes me to glance over quickly.

“Don’t be nervous. From what it sounds like, James is very happy.” She says. “I’m still shocked this is even happening, but I’m happy for you too.” She says and I smile widely. When she pulls into a parking spot at the office, I quickly lean over and hug her tightly.

I check in and they send me back almost immediately, with tori being my guest in the room. They make me take a test there and it’s almost a half hour before they come back in. “Congratulations, you are indeed pregnant.” The doctor states.

Right from there, we leave for the Flyers Skate Zone, where the boys have their practice. “I can’t believe it’s true!” I blurt to Tori, excitedly but more nervous. “I have a baby inside of me, oh god.”

Tori just giggles and watches me with a teasingly weird look, and we get there and go inside toward the door of the locker room, they are all just coming out of. James comes out as I suspected, right by Brayden’s side and they’re laughing away. They see us and change direction, walking towards us.

“Hey” I quietly say when James comes over.

“Hey, babe.” He leaves a kiss on my cheek and i start to smile because of it. “How did it go?” He droops his arms around my waist and stares down at me.

“You’re going to be a dad.” I whisper, leaning into him. “I’m sorry..” I add to the end, finding myself doing that a lot.

“I’m going to be a dad, please don’t be sorry.” He insists and starts to smile.

“Please be completely honest with me, you don’t have to act happy.” I sadly explain.

“But I am happy.” He insists more and shakes his head quickly in defense.

“How? You obviously didn’t want this yet! If you did we would be married. You never seemed like you wanted to marry me. You never even talked to me about it!” I blurt getting upset.

I see his eyes widen and he looks down embarrassed and his cheeks turn red. “Nicole, I knew from the start, I wanted to marry you!” He defends in a quiet voice.

“And I want to marry you, I do.” I simply say back and cross my arms.

“Then that’s, that. We’re getting married.” He simply says too and shrugs.

“Okay.” I nod simply and shrug my arms, leaning against his chest still. It hits me, and I gasp covering my mouth. “Oh my go-” I stop and tears fill my eyes. “You want to marry me! We’re getting married!” I squeal and tug his arm jumping up and down.

“Atta boy, wife that girl up!” Brayden attacks James with a manly hug. “I gotta go tell the boys.” He smirks and runs off. “Hey guys, James is getting hitched!” We hear him from the lobby and i blush but laugh and hug him tightly. “I love you!” I gush happily and I lean up on my tippy toes to reach his 6’3” height and I kiss him passionately.

“I love you too, Nic!” James replies sighing contently, once he pulls back from the kiss and he brushes my cheek, pushing my hair behind my shoulder while looking down into my eyes.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm so sorry it took me this long to update! Things have been hectic. And sorry if this part is really crappy. I needed to get something up quick..bare with me.