Sequel: Playing for Keeps
Status: Updating

Almost Perfect

Chapter 13

After finding out that Stacy was pregnant and realizing that Adam would be leaving on tour for two months to travel all over Europe and Asia the couple decided that they had to make decisions on what they wanted to do about being apart for so long while she was going through the pregnancy. Adam wanted Stacy to come with them on the tour so he could help take care of her and be there for her while she went through everything but she didn’t know if she could justify quitting her job to go tour the world with Adam and his band for two months. It was only the beginning of the pregnancy and she wouldn’t need Adam there to help her with much. She was only 4 months along after all. If she went with Adam they would be home by the time she was 6 months pregnant, almost 7.

They had multiple discussions about what they wanted to do and a few of those turned into arguments because Stacy felt pressured to go with him, like he didn’t believe she could care for herself. She was frustrated but eventually just decided to give into the man because he didn’t show any signs of relenting. Her job allowed her to take a leave of absence rather than quitting and vowed that they would have her position waiting for her when she returned. They said she was too much of an asset to the unit that they weren’t willing to lose her over two months of time off.

Currently the couple scurried around their bedroom packing their bags and trying to find every possible item they needed for the two month excursion. They were to fly out at 6 a.m. tomorrow morning and Stacy was getting anxious about traveling for so long, especially with her pregnancy. Working nights and being pregnant was really hard on her body too, she was often very exhausted on her days off so she spent a lot of time sleeping. She hoped that once she got her body on a bit more regular sleep schedule she could pull herself together and function like a normal human being while on tour. She wanted to be able to enjoy her time with Adam on tour and the rest of the guys.

“I think we’re ready,” Adam smiled at her from across the bed. He zipped up his bag and then pulled hers, which was already zipped and ready, over to him and picked both of them up.

Stacy watched as he left the room, assuming he was going to put them down by the front door so they could just grab them and go when the car came for them in the morning.

Stacy went into the bathroom in the meantime and washed her face and brushed her teeth, getting ready for bed. She was tired and more than ready for sleep. As she brushed her teeth she looked in the mirror, she was wearing a pair of Adam’s boxer shorts and a ribbed tank top. She was showing just enough to know she was pregnant. She had a tiny baby bump, it made her smile. Since their fight Adam had gotten used to the idea of having a baby and he was becoming excited about the notion of being a father. The fight actually brought them closer in the end and allowed them to talk about other issues and work through things to make them understand what each of them wanted for the future. They knew it was going to be difficult with Adam’s music career and a child but they were willing to make it work as best they could.

She was just pulling the covers back and climbing into bed when Adam entered the room again.

“Tired baby?” He asked as he pulled his t-shirt over his head and stripped down to only boxers.

“As always,” She laughed, snuggling into the cool sheets.

She watched Adam’s tattooed, muscular body climbed into bed after her and pulled her closer to him.

“You have a good reason to bed tired though,” He smiled down at her and placed his hands on her small bump.

Stacy nodded, he was right.

“You will have to be careful not to overdo it while we are on tour, I don’t want you to end up sick or for something to happen to the baby.” He said softly. “Tour can get pretty hectic so you need to tell me if it’s getting to be too much for you okay?”

“I don’t want that to happen either Adam so I’ll be careful. I’ll let you know if it’s too much for me to handle.” She assured him.

They said their good nights and then drifted off to sleep, excitement about the upcoming tour and a new adventure for them in their thoughts.

After a very long plane ride and then a bumpy taxi ride to the hotel Stacy was finally in a luxurious hotel room in London, England breathing a large sigh of relief. She slept off and on during the plane ride but it wasn’t actual good sleep. Adam felt horrible that she was so uncomfortable most of the trip.

“Baby we have a radio interview and then we have to do sound check so why don’t you just stay here and rest so you can come to the show tonight and actually enjoy it.” Adam told her, brushing a strand of hair out of her face. He could tell from the look on his girlfriend’s face that she was tired and probably didn’t feel well.

“That’s probably a good idea, I feel nauseous I’m so tired.” Stacy said as she started to climb into the king size hotel bed.

“I’ll come back and get you after sound check okay?” He asked her.

Stacy simply nodded, yawing. Adam kissed her forehead before exiting the hotel room.

He met up with his band mates and they took a car to the radio station that they were supposed to do an interview with. It was the first interview they had done since their North American tour and Adam was a little nervous about it for the simple fact that they hadn’t let it be known to the press that Stacy was pregnant yet. Adam had done a good job keeping her out of the public’s eye, especially after what happened with Joe and he didn’t want to put her life or their baby’s life in danger by alerting the paparazzi that he was going to be a father. He knew that if that got out that they would be all over them trying to get pictures of Stacy’s baby bump and the girl that finally tied Adam Levine down, it was classic Hollywood crap.

The guys filed into the radio studio and the interview started off without a hitch. The DJ was a man named Roy, Adam had never heard of the station before and he truly couldn’t even remember the name of it at that current moment.

“So when do you think you guys will start writing another album?” The DJ asked, “I understand your first one has been out for almost a year and you’ve done a tour in North America.”

Jesse spoke up right away, “We are always writing songs but I think we’d like to continue to tour and promote this album first before we tackle producing another record.”

“Very cool, who does most of the writing for you guys?” The DJ asked another question.

“I would say Adam is the writer of the group, we all contribute but he’s got the most talent in that department.” Mickey said.

“Well I don’t know that I’d call it talent,” Adam laughed. “It’s something I’ve always enjoyed and it helps me get my feelings out.”

“I heard you recently wrote and performed a new song at one of your smaller shows in Los Angeles,” Roy said. “Can you tell us a little bit about that?”

“I went through something in my life and writing usually helps me sort through my thoughts and feelings,” Adam explained. “I wrote a new song and decided that the show we were doing was a good time to perform it and see what the fans thought.”

“It’s important for us to do things like that now and then so the fans can give us feedback on new material and it allows us to get a feel for how they respond to different things.” Mickey said.

“Adam can I ask what the moment was for you? I saw a video of the song and it had some pretty serious meaning behind it,” Roy was pushing Adam and he wasn’t enjoying it.

“I’d rather keep my personal life just that,” Adam said, trying to keep it light and not respond with aggression even though he felt like it.

“Of course, of course!” Roy decided to change the topic and started talking about the current tour the guys were just starting.

The conversation was mainly about what the fans should expect from Maroon 5 on this tour and if there should be any surprises they should watch for. The interview was almost over when the DJ got personal again.

“Alright fellas, you know it has to be asked for our female listeners out there, who’s single and who’s dating?” Roy asked.

Being that Adam was the only one currently dating all of the guys laughed and starting joking about how they were single and ready to mingle.

The DJ played along for a while before he turned to Adam, “So you haven’t said much Mr. Levine! Does that mean you’re a taken man?”

“I am Roy, I’m happily dating.” Adam usually didn’t say too much about his relationships to the media as it was but this time he really didn’t want to say anything.

“Tell us a little bit about her,” Roy urged.

“Well, she’s an amazing woman and I’m very lucky.” Adam kept it very short and to the point, hoping that Roy wouldn’t push much further.

“Word on the street is that she’s pregnant, is there any truth to that?” Adam’s heart stopped when Roy said those words. How the hell could he know that?!

Adam looked around at the rest of the guys, all of them were wide-eyed and staring at him. How could he get himself out of this one?

Adam decided to brush it off, not willing to jeopardize Stacy’s safety. “Well you can’t believe everything you hear now can you?” He laughed at the end, trying to keep his cool.

“That’s true, especially with the media these days!” Roy followed Adam’s lead and finished up the interview by promoting the tour and informed the listeners that caller number 10 would get a pair of tickets to tonight’s show.

“Thanks a lot for coming guys!” Roy shook all of their hands and the band made their way out of the studio and downstairs to a van that was waiting to take them to sound check.

As they got into the van Adam voice his feelings about the interview, “How the fuck did he know about Stacy being pregnant?” He exclaimed.

“Dude, I have no idea! I was wondering the same thing, you don’t think the record label would have said something do you?” James asked.

“Hell no, I don’t know why they would! It isn’t anyone else’s business.” Adam was floored, he couldn’t wrap his head around the fact that someone knew.

Adam pulled out his phone and got online, searching the web for his name. The first headline that popped up read, “Adam Levine’s girlfriend pregnant?” He clicked the link and saw a picture of him and Stacy walking out to the van this morning. Stacy had chosen to wear yoga pants and a tighter fitting hooded sweatshirt that allowed her small bump to show. The picture had a circle drawn around her bump to call attention to the evidence that allowed for the accusations.

“Fuck, here’s how he found out!” Adam showed his phone to the rest of the guys. They all made their comments and apologized for the lack of sympathy from the paparazzi. “I just don’t want them hounding her while she’s pregnant. I’m used to it but she’s not yet and she doesn’t need that stress with the baby.”

“Just try and keep her safe man,” Jesse clapped his hand on Adam’s shoulder and he looked at him with gratitude. “We’re all here for you guys, you know that.”

“Thanks guys, I appreciate that.” Adam looked out the window, thinking about how he would have to tell Stacy that the world now knows about her pregnancy.

When Adam got back to the hotel he found Stacy showered, dressed, and fully ready to go to the concert. She looked beautiful in a pair of black leggings with a longer, looser turquoise blue shirt that hid her baby bump a little more. She was wearing black flats and a chunky colorful necklace. Her hair was down but the right side was pulled half up and her bangs were left down to frame her face.

Adam quickly showered and got ready for the show before escorting his girlfriend down to the van where the guys were already waiting for them. The driver took them to the show, it was still early. The first opening band had just gone on so Maroon 5 had at least an hour before they would be going on.

“How was your interview?” Stacy asked as they all lounged backstage.

“It went alright, the DJ was kind of a dick to Adam.” Ryan spoke up first.

“What do you mean?” Stacy asked, looking at Adam curiously, he was seated next to her, an arm thrown around her shoulders as they kicked back with their feet up.

“He was asking all the personal questions that weren’t necessary. The interview was about the band and the tour, he shouldn’t have been asking about my love life.” Adam said, the other men nodded in agreement.

“He asked if any of us were dating,” Jesse explained.

“Before proceeding to ask me if I was dating, even though he clearly already knew that!” Adam shook his head, still annoyed.

“So why do you seem so upset? The press knows we’re dating.” Stacy wasn’t sure what the big deal was.

“He asked if you were pregnant.” Adam told her.

Stacy’s jaw dropped, “What? How the hell could he know that?”

Adam pulled his phone out and pulled up the article again, handing it to his girlfriend without a word.

“Great,” She muttered as she scrolled through the article.

“We’ll do our best to keep you out of the media okay sweetheart?” Adam looked at her.

“I know you will, I just don’t want them hounding us.” Stacy was happy that Adam and Maroon 5 were so successful but she could definitely do without the cameras and the annoying paparazzi following him around. “This is a really important moment for us, a really private moment for us and I don’t want anything to ruin it!”

Adam understood her concern and felt that her emotions were totally justified. “I know, so hopefully they allow us to enjoy this moment.”

The conversation faded after that, everyone deciding a change in topic would be best.

Before long the band was taking the stage and Stacy watched from the side, enjoying the excitement and upbeat pace of the show. She loved watching Adam do his thing, he was always so happy on stage doing something he was so passionate about.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thank you so much to everyone that has been leaving comments! It really motivates me to write when I know people are reading and enjoying the chapters! Please let me know what you think of this one! I've been writing most of the day and I have lots more in store for Stacy and Adam! :) Comments are always appreciated!