Sequel: Do You Remember Us?
Status: few days long brake from this fic. bad writers block. see you soon.

What If We Don't See Each Other Again?

I Hate To See Her Cry

I hated to see my sister cry, it’s the one thing that made hate myself more than ever. Since I was a little kid, I always promised to protect her, keep her save and happy, but when I see her cry I feel like I broke that promise. ‘Mate, are you alright?’ I looked at Danny. He seemed worried, but who wasn’t. Everyone in our band was on their toes, trying to look after Dalia, trying to keep her safe from herself and the shit that is been happening.

‘Yeah, I’m fine.’ I tried to assure my best friend. ‘It’s been rough.’ He sighed and sat next to me. ‘Just remember Ben, we are here, and even if we aren’t the best people in the world we are trying.’ He patted my back. ‘I’m not trying to sound all like faggy, but I love you guys.’ It was the truth. Since I met these awful twats, they have been my family. ‘I know Ben, we love you too.’ Danny hugged me, before he got up and headed to his bunk. I wanted to make sure Dalia was okay, but I knew Austin was there with her, holding her in his arms, promising he would keep her safe. I felt jealous, that was my job, but I knew It was best for her to have more than me protecting her.

I sat on our flats couch, waiting for Dalia to come back home. I knew where she was and who she was with. I kept having this feeling like something was wrong, so I wanted to wait her to come back home. Clock was around two in the morning when I heard the key turn it the lock.

‘Dalia?’ I called into the darkness of the hallway. ‘Ben, why are you still up.’ She was crying. I switched the lights on. ‘What’s wrong love?’ I scooped her into my arms, trying to hug all her worries away. She just cried, not saying anything for an hour.

She was so skinny; I could feel her bones through her clothes. I was worried. ‘I’m going to make you something to eat.’ I knew she would protest, but I didn’t listen, just left her on the couch and headed to our little kitchen area. I stared her, as I leaned on the island in the middle of the area. I waited for the microwave turn off and took the leftover vegetarian pizza from it. I’ve been eating vegetarian food the last year, it was awfully good, but of course I couldn’t ever admit that to anyone. ‘Come here darling.’ I called my little sister, who groaned and walked over the island, sitting on the bar stool.
‘It’s not going to get eaten by you looking at it.’ I sighed and took the plate away, sitting next to her. ‘Please talk to me.’ I whipped the tears from her cheeks. ‘M-Mike left me.’ She cried and I pulled her into a hug, not letting go. We hugged a lot, but it was a way to say I care.

Mike Fuentes, her boyfriend that was even older than I was. I didn’t like them being together, but she loved him and I thought he loved her. He got her even eating. But what did I except from him? Mike was ten years older than Dalia. She was few days away from being sixteen and Mike was twenty-five soon twenty-six. I knew I should have not let them date, but I didn’t want her to hate me.
‘Why?’ I sighed, rubbing circles on her back. ‘He shagged me, cheated me and fell in love with the girl he was fucking behind my back.’ She whispered. ‘He took your.’ I couldn’t even say it. ‘Yes.’ She nodded. ‘Don’t hate me.’ She begged hugging me even tighter. ‘I don’t hate you, but you need to go to sleep if you aren’t going to eat.’ I scooped her on my arms and carried to her bed. I took her jeans off and pulled the cover over her. ‘I love you.’ She whispered and fell asleep. ‘I love you too.’ I kissed her temple.

Next day I had to call Danny to come pick me up from the police station, because they kept me over night for attacking on Mike. I regretted nothing.


‘Ben?’ I heard Dalia’s voice. I wiped my eyes. ‘Why are you up, go to bed, Austin is going to shit his pants if he wakes up and notices your gone.’ I tried to laugh. ‘I just woke and I heard you crying.’ She took few careful steps closer to me. ‘Twat has been crying for an hour now.’ John mocked from the drivers spot. I had forgotten he was driving, although it should be obvious due the buss is moving. ‘Thanks mate.’ I murmured. John just laughed and ignored us. ‘Go to sleep Dalia, please.’ I begged. She hesitated. ‘Ben.’ She sighed but turned around and went back to her bunk.

Heathrow airport, London. 10.8.2013

‘Have you noticed she had stopped eating again?’ Oliver whispered. We were sitting in our flights gate. ‘What?’ I almost yelled. ‘Ben, she isn’t eating.’ Oliver almost cried, he looked worried as hell. ‘It’s true, you know.’ Amanda sighed. She was sitting on the floor, leaning against the wall. ‘I hate to admit this, but Oliver is right, she has been skipping every meal.’ Amanda closed her eyes. ‘I noticed it too.’ Alan sat next to me and put his hand on my shoulder. ‘Are you absolutely sure?’ My eyes wondered to their faces, Amanda nodded, still eyes closed. Oliver whispered yes, and Alan gave me a worried look. ‘Where I she now?’ I asked. ‘Austin is taking her to lunch, we hoped that he would get her to eat, they are really close.’ Alan answered.

Amanda started to laugh. ‘Poor Oliver.’ She said with a thick accent. All eyes were on Oliver, who looked angry. ‘Jealous, well too bad, you messed up mate.’ Amanda spat. I think the girls were being too harsh against him, but he kind of deserved it.
♠ ♠ ♠
words: 1 021
uploaded: 27.3.2013