Status: In progress, lovelies <3

I Don't Mind If You're Overrated

Well That Was Unexpected (From More Than One Person)

“You’re joking, right,” I said, laughing nervously.
“Nope,” Shayley said, popping the ‘p’ in the word.
“How?” she asked.
“When you were 4 and I was 9, mum sent you to live with Aunt Jenna and Uncle Tom here in Colorado. She didn’t want you. You were unplanned so she thought you were a mistake. I didn’t know where they lived. I’ve been looking for you for 14 years,” he explained.
“If you were really my brother you would know that Aunt Jenna is-“ I started to say.
“Dead. She died when you were 10 years old of pancreatic cancer,” he stated sadly.
“I knew I had a brother,” I said, breaking down and sobbing.
“Darling, stand up,” Drew said, helping me stand up.
“So, come back to the bus?” Shayley asked hopefully.
“Sure,” I nodded.
Shayley led me and Drew to their bus. We ignored the fans on the way there. When we reached the bus, Shayley helped me and Drew inside quietly. We weren’t talking. We sat on the couches, and I noticed that Austin Carlile was sitting next to me. I blushed slightly. I’ve always had a slight celebrity crush on him.
“So how did you find me?” I asked, feeling happy that I finally had closure.
“I finally got mum to tell me your name yesterday. I looked you up and found you on Twitter. I saw that you were coming to our show tonight, so I kept an eye out for you,” Shayley answered.
“I’m glad you did,” I smiled.
“Remember the name you used to call me?” he asked.
“Shayko?” I whispered.
“Wasn’t that from the dream you had a couple days ago?” Drew asked, rubbing my shoulder.
“You’re right, Drew,” I gasped, realizing that dream was about us.
“What dream?” Austin asked.
“Two nights ago I had a dream about myself as a kid. I was about 4 years old. I was sitting in a forest, crying. A boy came over to me, telling me he promised he wouldn’t let our dad hurt me. He hugged me, and we both looked pretty damn miserable. The boy looked about 9 years old,” I explained.
“That actually happened,” Shay whispered. “When you were 4 years old, dad was abusing you again. You ran off into the forest by our house. I freaked out and came looking for you. When I found you, I pinky promised you that I wouldn’t let him hurt you again. That was three days before you got sent off to Aunt Jenna’s house.”
“Wow…” I breathed. “I don’t even remember that happening. I’ve only had dreams about it.”
“Strange,” Shay agreed. “So how’s living with Tom?”
“I hate that she lives with him,” Drew blurted out before I could speak. “She spends 5 out of 7 nights and days at my house every week, on average.”
“Only because he’s a drunk asshole who blames me for Jenna’s death and then beats me to take his anger out,” I muttered under my breath. “So yes, I am at your house the majority of the time.”
“I’ll kill that bastard,” Austin growled. “I hate it so much when people do that. It’s sickening.”
“Where are you staying tonight?” Shay asked worriedly.
“I’m staying with Drew until Sunday night,” I answered.
“Good. You and I need to have a talk about your living situation,” Shayley sighed.
“Do you want to stay on the bus tonight?” Austin asked. “It’s really late,”
“If that’s alright with you,” I shrugged. I looked at Drew for approval. He smiled and nodded.
“We’ll have to get our stuff from the car,” Drew shrugged.
“You carry your clothes with you?” Austin asked, laughing.
“Whenever we go to concerts, we bring our PJ’s with us so we can change right after and be comfortable on the long drive home. Then our toothbrushes and toothpaste so we can feel less gross afterwards,” I explained.
“Alright, hurry back,” Shayley said, shooing us off.
Drew and I started walking to my car. We were walking fast, relieved that there were no fans to get through.
“How are you feeling after all that?” Drew asked.
“Emotionally drained. That’s so much to take in over the course of one hour,” I sighed as we reached my car. I unlocked it and we pulled our bags out.
“I’ll bet,” Drew said, pulling me into a hug.
“Let’s head back,” I said into his chest.
He nodded and we started our trek back to the bus. We got there, and changed quickly. I brushed my teeth and went to sit next to Shayley. That’s when I noticed Alan laying on the couch, talking to Austin. He was so drunk…
“Who’s that pretty guy with the black hair?” he slurred, leaning over Austin to play with Drew’s hair.
“I think he’s talking to you, Drew,” I whispered, cracking up.
“I’m Drew,” Drew said, chuckling nervously. Oooh, someone has a thing for Alan…
“I’m Alan. You’re really pretty,” Alan mumbled, giggling crazily.
“You are, too, Alan,” Drew laughed a little more openly.
“Alright Alan, let’s get you to bed,” Austin said, laughing.
“Only if the pretty boy comes with me,” Alan pouted.
“You’ll see him tomorrow morning, I promise,” Shayley said.
“Fine,” he grumbled. “Good night, pretty people.”
“Night Alan,” Drew and I said together. Alan waved with a huge smile on his face as Austin hauled him away.
“Well that was interesting,” Austin said as he came back from putting Alan to bed.
“Alan’s just lucky I’m gay,” Drew said laughing.
“I guess he is,” Austin said, his face lightening up. Why is he so happy about that?
“Smile for the camera,” Shay whispered, putting his arm around me and taking a picture on his laptop. I complied and smiled softly. I smiled at the great picture we took.
“What was that for?” I asked.
“To share with the world that I finally found my little sister,” he grinned.

@shayleybourget
Finally found my little sister, 14 years of searching for her finally paid off &lt;3 love you @DesFinBou
I smiled at his upload, and decided it was time to head off to bed.

Austin’s POV (finally!)
Wow. Shay’s sister was gorgeous. Beautiful. I can’t believe he actually found her. As happy as I am that they’re reunited, I want her.
“You sure she’s related to you, Shay? She looks too pretty,” I joked as Des and Drew walked off the bus.
“Douche,” Shay laughed as he tossed a pillow at my face. “I saw you making eyes for her, by the way. I’d be careful, that Drew kid might be dating her.”
“I can dream, can’t I?” I sighed, clutching the pillow to my chest as I crossed my legs. “Where did the rest of our band go, by the way?”
“Drinking,” Shayley said. Of course they did. Alan never got super drunk though. He was always back by 2 am.
I felt jealous of Drew. He got to have Des and I didn’t. She was gorgeous, and I had to make her mine. I didn’t care that I was 5 years older than her. It’s not that bad of an age difference, I don’t think. Right as I thought that, Alan came stumbling back on to the bus.
“Hey, sexy bitches,” he slurred. “Where’s the party?”
“You left the party, asshat. Let’s get you to bed,” I laughed.
“No!” he shouted like a little kid.
Just then, Des and Drew came back on the bus. Des went to the bathroom to change and brush her teeth first, then Drew. Des sat next to Shay while Drew sat next to me and Alan.
“Who’s that pretty guy with the black hair?” Alan slurred, leaning over me to play with Drew’s long brown hair.
“I think he’s talking to you, Drew,” Des whispered, cracking up.
“I’m Drew,” Drew said, chuckling nervously.
“I’m Alan. You’re really pretty,” Alan mumbled, giggling crazily.
“You are, too, Alan,” Drew laughed a little more openly.
“Alright Alan, let’s get you to bed,” I said, laughing. Trying to save Drew from embarrassment.
“Only if the pretty boy comes with me,” Alan pouted.
“You’ll see him tomorrow morning, I promise,” Shayley said.
“Fine,” he grumbled. “Good night, pretty people.”
“Night Alan,” Drew and Des said together. Alan waved with a huge smile on his face as I hauled him away.
“That boy was pretty. What’s his name?” Alan giggled as I put him in bed.
“Drew. You can talk to him tomorrow,” I said softly. “Night Alan.” I kissed his forehead in a brotherly way.
“Gooooooood night Aussie,” he mumbled, falling asleep instantly.
“Well that was interesting,” I said as I walked out.
“Alan’s just lucky I’m gay,” Drew said laughing.
“I guess he is,” I said, feeling my face lighten up. Now I have a better chance at getting Des…
After talking for a bit and Shay taking pictures with Des, we decided to turn in for the night. I fell asleep thinking about Destrey, and how one day, I wanted to call her mine. I knew I would. I just had to figure out how.
♠ ♠ ♠
Unexpected surprises from a few characters. Like how I played off Alan? I do :) I think he and the guy I picked for Drew would be adorable! If you don't know what Drew looks like, the link is in Chapter One at the bottom.
Thanks for commenting and subscribing! This is my first fanfic and it means the world to know I'm doing well.
Also, I did change my username to KiwiiYDG to match my Twitter. Follow my Twitter: @KiwiiYDG
Comment, subscribe?
Xx, Kiwii