Status: In progress, lovelies <3

I Don't Mind If You're Overrated

Outbursts, Tattoos, and Confessions

Austin’s POV
“Drew! I miss you!” I heard Des squeal. I smiled at how happy she sounded.
“Miss you too, Des,” he said back, a grin evident in his voice.
“Is that Dessy on there?” a little voice hollered.
“Yes it is, now come here, she misses you,” Drew sighed, smirking. I heard laughing after that.
“Hi Dessy!” she shouted.
“Hi Jess, I miss you cutie,” Des giggled.
“Who are you talking to?” I asked curiously.
“Drew and his little sister, Jessica,” Des answered. “Come say hi.”
“Hi,” I said, poking his head just in the line of sight of the webcam.
“Come sit and talk, Austin,” Drew grinned.
I walked over and sat next to Des on her cramped little bunk. I snaked my arm around her waist and pulled her closer. I could see her cheeks slowly tinting pink through the dim overhead light.
“Hi Drew,” I grinned.
“Don’t I get a hello?!” Jessica demanded.
“Hi little one,” I said.
“Dessy, is that guy your boyfriend?” she whispered, trying to hide her face from me. It was absolutely adorable and Drew, Des and I started laughing.
“No, he’s just a very good friend,” Des replied, smiling.
“Oh. Well I’m going to go make popcorn and watch My Little Pony. Bye Dessy!” she squealed as she hopped off Drew’s lap.
“Good lord that girl’s a handful,” Drew said, laughing dryly as he ran his hands through his hair.
“An adorable handful,” I commented.
“So how’s Colorado treating you?” Des asked.
“Horrible,” he groaned. He looked like he was about to cry.
“What happened, love?” Des asked, growing visibly worried.
“Lindsay found out I’m gay,” he whispered almost inaudibly. We could barely hear him over the camera. “She overheard us at Taco Bell on Thursday.”
“Oh god what’d she do?” Des asked.
“Who’s Lindsay?” I asked.
“This bitch at our school. She’s been trying to get into Drew’s pants since our freshman year. She’s absolutely horrible to me. That’s the main reason Drew hates her,” Des explained.
“Exactly. Anyways, she posted it on Twitter,” Drew sighed.
“So? She’s a high school senior, how many followers can she possibly have?” I asked, shrugging my shoulders.
“Considering she’s a popular YouTube make-up tutorial girl, a lot,” Drew sighed.
Des logged into her Twitter account, greeted by over 3,000 notifications of new followers due to being Shay’s sister. She searched up Lindsay and clicked on her account. Oh shit…
“Over 20,000 to be exact,” Des sighed. “Most kids in our school follow her. And it looks like most recently, she’s also been posting about me being a band slut.”
“What sucks is that a lot of kids in our school follow you too, Austin,” Drew whined.
“I’m going to put out a message real quick,” I said, pulling my phone.

@austincarlile
Listen up. Most of you kids who are ‘friends’ with @DrewSnogle have by now found out that he’s gay. Why does it matter if he is or not? It doesn’t change anything about him. And as for @DesFinBou, I don’t want anyone calling her a band slut. She’s @shayleybourget ‘s little sister, for god sakes, not a groupie. These two kids are probably the sweetest kids I’ve ever had the pleasure of meeting. Like I said a while ago, ’If you’re a fan of hurting others, talking down to, or trying to bring others down, then never call yourself a fan of mine’. That’s where I stand on that. If you can’t accept it, your best bet is to un-follow me right now and go on being a jerk.

I ended up having to split that into multiple Tweets to be able to tweet it.
“Thanks, Aus,” Drew smiled, tears rolling down his cheeks.
“Drew, don’t you dare cry. Every time you cry, I want to cry,” Des said, smiling.
“I’m trying, Des. It’s just so hard at school without you,” he sighed, wiping his tears away. “God, I can’t wait for Warped.”
“I know. I can’t either,” Des said. “It’s late, Drew. You have school tomorrow. Do it for me. I’m a phone call, a Tweet, a text, or a Skype call away if you ever need anything, no matter what.”
“Alright. I love you Destrey,” he sighed. “Thank you again, Austin. You’re too nice.”
“Anytime, man. I hate people who are like that,” I shrugged. “Get some rest. Same goes for me. I have your number, and we’re following each other on Twitter.”
“Thanks guys,” Drew said again.
“I love you too, Andrew. Sleep well,” she smiled, blowing him a kiss and logging off her computer.
“I feel so bad for Drew,” she sighed. “I can’t believe how homophobic our high school is.”
“I can’t either,” I said.
“You know what I want to do?” she said to me.
“Hm?” I asked.
“Get another tattoo,” she said.
“It’s 10 at night,” I pointed out.
“We’ll go tomorrow morning. I have money, I want to do it,” she shrugged.
“Alrighty then. Let’s get some sleep,” I said, crawling out of her bed.
I went to my own bunk, stripped down to my boxers, and fell asleep within minutes.
I was awoken a few hours later by whimpering and faint words. It sounded like Des was crying and sleep talking. I got up quietly, and walked over to her bunk. She was laying there, twisted up in her blankets. She was sweating, and by the looks of it crying.
“No, stay away. I’m sorry. NO!” she screeched.
“Destrey!” I hissed, shaking her shoulder. “Darling, wake up.”
Her eyes shot open, as she glanced around frantically. She realized it was just me, and her tense body visibly relaxed.
“What happened?” I asked.
“Nightmare,” she muttered, grabbing a shirt off the ground and wiping the sweat off her face.
“Do you want to talk about it?” I whispered, sitting down next to her.
“It was about my uncle. He came home extremely drunk again. He was cursing at me and throwing things at me,” she started, shaking slightly. “Then, he grabbed an empty bottle of Jack and threw it at me. It smashed open on my forehead, and I was bleeding like crazy from my forehead and pieces of glass that got lodged in my shoulders. He was coming up to start hitting me and kicking me, but then I woke up.”
“Well you’re safe. It didn’t happen,” I whispered, wrapping my arms around her.
“It did. About a year ago,” she sighed, pulling out of my grasp. She turned the light switch on and sat back down. She took her shirt off, exposing her bra and perfect body. That’s when I saw large, thick scars littering her shoulders. She pushed her thick bangs out of her face to reveal another thick horizontal scar on her forehead, this one closer to her hairline.
“He did that to you?” I gasped.
“Yes. And many more,” she sighed, pointing to her stomach and back, both of which were coated in thick scars. She put her shirt back on and lay back down on her bed.
“That bastard,” I growled. “Do you need me to get you anything?”
“No, I’m fine,” she said.
“Alright, well I’m going to go back to bed,” I said, standing up.
“Wait!” she exclaimed, grabbing my wrist. “Would you stay with me?”
“Course, love,” I answered, smiling.
I climbed into the cramped little bunk with her for the second time that night. I wrapped my arms around her and pulled her into my chest. Her ear was pressed against my heart, and soon enough, she fell asleep, listening to my heartbeat as I ran my fingers through her soft red hair.
I was absolutely disgusted at how her uncle could treat her so badly. I fell asleep with that thought on my mind.

Destrey’s POV
When I woke up, I was greeted by a chest covered in tattoos. I mentally freaked out for about half a second, but then realized it was just Austin. Then the memories of last night came flooding back and hit me like a tidal wave. I shook it off, and snuggled deeper into Austin’s chest.
“I know you’re awake,” he mumbled, eyes still closed and voice thick with sleep. That was sexy.
“So?” I asked.
“Stop moving, I’m trying to sleep,” he groaned.
“Let me get up, weirdo,” I giggled, moving his arm off me.
“No, stay,” he whined, opening his eyes now.
“Austin it’s,” I started, checking my phone, “11 in the morning.”
“Let me sleep more,” he groaned, shoving his face into my pillow.
I rolled my eyes and walked out. I saw Alan, Phil, and Shay sitting on the couches. I hugged Shayley, and then sat down on Alan’s lap. Alan had become my best friend, besides Drew. We were like brother and sister.
“Who’s going with me to get my new tattoo today?” I asked.
“Who said you could get a tattoo?” Shay asked, smiling while watching TV.
“I did,” I giggled.
“Fine. I’m not going with you, but take my card. I’m paying for it,” Shay sighed, tossing me his wallet.
“I’ll go,” Alan volunteered. “Just let me get dressed.”
I walked back to my own bunk to find Austin still there, sleeping soundly. I smiled, and grabbed some clothes. I changed into a pair of dark red skinny jeans and a loose fitting black Asking Alexandria t-shirt. I put in my cartoon space gauges and slipped on my red TOMS. I had showered the night before and straightened my hair, so I was all good for that. I walked out of my bunk to find Alan sitting on the couch.
“You ready to go?” he asked.
“Yeah, I’m ready,” I smiled, grabbing my tattoo design and Shay’s wallet off the table. “Bye Shay, see you soon!”
“So I know of this place here in Salt Lake that does an amazing job,” Alan grinned. “Let me see your design.”
I showed him the ship design I wanted, and he smiled. “You’ll be able to get this done in one sitting. It’ll just take a few hours.”
“Sounds like a plan,” I said.
We reached the tattoo parlor, and the man greeted us.
“What would you like done today, sweetheart?” he asked.
“This wrapping around my upper left arm.,” I said, giving him the ship tattoo drawing.
“It’ll take some time, but I can do it in one sitting,” he said.
“Told you,” Alan whispered.
The man, who told me his name is Robbie, took me to a chair where I’d be getting the tattoo done. Alan in front of me to the right to watch me.
“Make a scared face,” he grinned.
I pulled a sarcastic scared face and he snapped a picture. He uploaded it to Instagram saying:
@AlanAshby
My little sister @DesFinBou about to get another tattoo! Let’s hope her real brother @shayleybourget doesn’t kill me for this! 
I giggled as he uploaded it. He held my hand for the whole four hours it took to do the tattoo. I was happy he did because man, it hurt like a bitch. We paid the guy $400 for the tattoo, and I was in love with how it turned out. It wrapped around my whole upper left arm.
“It looks fucking sick, Des,” Alan smiled. He snapped a picture of the finished product and uploaded that to Instagram. “I noticed scars on your shoulder. Mind if I ask?”
“Abusive uncle,” was all I said.
“Oh,” he sighed. He gave me a sad smile and hugged me carefully.
“So I know that Drew has a crush on you,” I said, smiling as we continued walking.
“He does?” Alan asked, his mood perking up slightly.
“Yes, he really does,” I grinned. “Would you want to talk to him on Skype tonight after your show?”
“If that wouldn’t be too much of a hassle,” Alan said, blushing slightly.
“He’d be more than happy, I promise,” I replied as we reached the bus. It was now 3:30, time for the boys’ sound check.
“Be good, be at the venue at 6,” Shayley said, kissing my forehead.
I got a forehead kiss from each guy, and decided to go straight to the venue. I flashed my VIP pass and went backstage. I saw Sleeping With Sirens and Pierce The Veil there. I immediately noticed Vic and Kellin. Vic was a bit taller, and his arm was wrapped around Kellin’s waist.
“Destrey!” Kellin called over to me when he saw me
“How do you know my name?” I asked, walking over.
“Shayley. Now come over here,” he grinned. “Shay told me about finding you. And naturally I told the band, and Vic, and Vic told his band.”
“Oh, well I’m a huge fan of all of you,” I said, blushing slightly.
“Good,” Mike Fuentes said, laughing.
“You and Shay look so much alike,” Justin commented.
“We do. Except for the hair and gender,” I said, laughing slightly.
“And the fact that you’re a freaking toothpick and he’s not,” Gabe chuckled, grabbing my waist gently and squeezing my sides.
“Yeah, well my previous living conditions didn’t allow me to be anything except a toothpick, because I was a waste of money,” I sighed, messing with my hair. I had changed into a loose fitting Of Mice and Men tank top so I could let my tattoo heal without it touching anything.
“That’s terrible,” Kellin said, pulling me into a hug.
“Well you have a better family now!” Jack yelled, pulling me into a big hug.
“Get your fucking hands off my girlfriend,” an unpleasantly familiar voice snarled at Jack.
I turned around and was face to face with my crazy ex boyfriend, Jared.
Well shit.
♠ ♠ ♠
Here is Destrey's tattoo, minus the black and white circle behind the ship: http://cdn.mintees.com.s3.amazonaws.com/files/tees/3/321087/800x400-vacship_emptees.jpg
Ohhhh dramaaaaaa.
Comment, subscribe, recommend?
Follow my Twitter if you wanna chat: @KiwiiYDG
Xx, Kiwii