Status: In progress, lovelies <3

I Don't Mind If You're Overrated

Back Again?

Destrey’s POV

I woke up warm and comfortable. My face was buried in Austin’s chest again. I smiled, but decided it was time to get up. I grabbed a pair of black denim shorts, a white tank top with a black ribcage on it, and my black and pink Adidas. I showered real quick, got dressed, and decided to go outside to sit in the sun for a bit. I didn’t bother straightening my hair except for my bangs, which still lay across my face to cover my scar. It was fading noticeably, but not enough. It was still pinkish, and it would soon fade into a thin line.
I was sitting on the bus steps, and I decided to call Drew. It was about 10 AM there and a Saturday. On the third ring, he picked up.
“Hey Des,” he mumbled.
“You okay?” I asked, growing concerned.
“You woke me up, bitch,” he said, laughing slightly.
“Well sooooorry Mr. Beauty Sleep,” I chuckled sarcastically. “I just wanted to call and see how you were doing. And possibly set you up on a Skype date with Alan.”
“He wants to Skype with me?!” Drew nearly yelled.
“Yes he does. He’s still asleep right now, but when he wakes up and makes himself look pretty, we’ll work out a time,” I said, laughing at how excited he was.
“Oh my god, Des I love you so much right now.” I could practically hear him grinning through the phone. “But hey, I gotta drive Jessica to a birthday party. Damn kids, why do they need to party so early?”
“No idea, Drew. I’ll text you about a time later though, okay?”
“Alright. Love you Des.”
“Love you, too, Drew.”
We hung up, and I decided I was hungry. I walked over to Sleeping With Sirens’ bus and knocked quickly. Within seconds, Jack had opened up.
“Oh hey Des. Need something?” he asked.
“I was just wondering who was up. I wanted to see who would go get breakfast with me,” I said, smiling.
“Everyone here is up, come inside for a bit,” he offered, opening the door so I could step inside. “Everyone put some pants on, Destrey’s here!”
“Morning!” I called out, laughing at Jack’s bluntness. “Who wants to grab food? Nobody on my bus is awake yet and I’m starving!”
Shouts of ‘me!’ and ‘I do!’ came ringing out through the bus. Jack was the only one completely ready, so we sat on the couches as we waited for the guys.
“Oh, I should text Shayley,” I muttered, grabbing my phone. I sent him a message telling him I was with SWS getting breakfast.
“So how do you like tour life?” Jack asked, grabbing a couple of water bottles.
“Better than high school,” I said, laughing as I caught the water bottle he tossed at me.
“I hated high school,” he grumbled, taking a large gulp of water.
“Me too, bro,” I sighed sympathetically.
Kellin was the first one to walk out. It was clear that he’d showered, unlike Jack. His raven hair was in its usual style, and he was wearing black skinny’s, red TOMS, and a black Asking Alexandria t-shirt.
“Morning Des. You look cute today,” he commented, sitting down across from us.
“Thanks, Kells,” I grinned. “You look pretty sharp yourself.”
“Thanks,” he smiled. “So Vic texted, asking if he could come, too. Is that fine?”
“Course, we’re just going to Denny’s,” I said, shrugging. Right as I said that, Jesse came out.
“I fucking love Denny’s!” he shouted, bouncing around.
“Jess, calm down!” Jack yelled back, laughing at his band mate.
“Wait, did someone say Denny’s? Oh jeez, Jesse’s gonna freak out,” Gabe sighed, walking out of the bathroom, having just showered.
“Already taken care of,” Jesse grinned, finally sitting down next to me.
“Well I just gotta get dressed. Justin said he’s not gonna shower since he showered last night,” Gabe said. “So we’ll be able to go once we’re done.”
We nodded, and Vic walked in the bus. He smiled at us, then sat down next to Kellin and pulled him into his lap. I couldn’t help but smile at those two. It was adorable. Once the boys finally came out, we set off walking to Denny’s. We got in and were seated at a large table fairly quickly.
“So I was checking my Twitter, and now thanks to Jared I’m labeled as the Band Slut,” I sighed, taking a sip from my glass of tea.
“Just ignore them,” Justin suggested.
“It’s not that easy when I get tons of Tweets every minute telling me I’m a slut and that I’m not good enough for Austin,” I muttered, rolling my eyes.
“What did Jared say?” Kellin asked.
“He took a video of us all being goofballs and messing around and said that I’m your guys’ groupie,” I said, showing them the video.
“Wow,” Vic said, rolling his eyes.
“Yeah, real fucking mature,” Gabe said, taking a sip of his Coke.
“Whatever. Des take a picture with me,” Kellin said, grinning. He snapped a picture of us together, and posted it on Twitter.
@Kellinquinn
Breakfast with my sister @DesFinBou. And I guess the rest of my band and Vic are here too. Love my family! &lt;3
“Kellin, you’re too cute,” Vic said, leaning over and kissing Kellin’s cheek.
We ordered our breakfast, and I got a call from Drew.
“Hey man,” I greeted through a mouthful of pancake. “Is everything okay?”
“No,” he whispered, crying.
“What happened?” I questioned. I stood up, excused myself, and walked over to the bathroom area.
“My mom kicked me out,” he mumbled.
“What? Why?” I nearly screamed.
“She found out I’m gay. I had half an hour to pack my things and then I was out.”
“Where are you now?” I asked.
“A Walgreens parking lot. I drove here.”
“I’ll figure out something for you. For the moment, hang tight, and go over to Scott’s house. I know that he stuck with you through this whole mess.”
“Thanks, Des. Call me when you worked something out.”
“Of course, love.”
We hung up and I walked back to the table. I groaned and rubbed my face in frustration.
“What happened?” Justin asked.
“Drew’s mom kicked him out when she found out he’s gay,” I sighed, not feeling very hungry anymore.
“Really?” Gabe asked, looking disgusted.
“Yep,” I said bluntly.
“Bitch,” Kellin said.
“He has nowhere to stay. I don’t know what to do,” I complained.
“Talk to Shay and Austin and see if they’ll fly him out here to tour with us,” Jack suggested.
“That’s actually a good idea,” I said. “Should we get out of here?”
We paid and walked back to the busses. I was thinking of how to ask the guys about Drew. I really hoped that they would. It would mean a lot to me and Alan as well.
“I’m back,” I called into the bus as I walked inside. “And I have a question.”
“What is it, princess?” Tino asked, lounging in front of the TV and watching Adventure Time.
“I need to talk to all five of you,” I said, laughing at something on the show.
“Yes?” Alan asked, walking out of the bathroom in nothing but a towel. The towel dropped to the floor when he let go for a second, and he shrugged and picked it up again and wrapped it around his waist.
“Alan, have you no shame?” Shayley asked as he walked out of the back lounge to meet us up front, shaking his head at Alan.
“Nope,” he replied, popping the ‘p’ loudly.
“Why doesn’t Alan have any shame?” Austin asked, walking out in nothing but a pair of skinny jeans. He looked really good…
“Cos I’m not afraid to walk around naked,” Alan grinned, walking over to sit on the couch. I rolled my eyes at him.
“That’s so gross Alan,” Phil called out from the kitchen.
“Oh good, you’re all here,” I smiled.
“What do you need, love?” Shay asked.
“Well, Drew has a problem. He got kicked out this morning because his mom found out he’s gay. He has nowhere to go. I was kinda hoping we could fly him out here today…” I explained, trailing off.
“YES!” Alan shouted.
“Alan!” Austin yelled, shushing Alan immediately. “Well it’s fine by me. He’s more than welcome to stay here.”
“Me too,” Shay and Phil said together. They grinned then fist bumped each other while laughing loudly.
“Sure thing, princess,” Tino shrugged.
“Oh, thank you guys so much!” I exclaimed, giving each guy a huge hug. “Shay, let’s book him a flight and email him the printable ticket.”
“Alright,” Shay said, getting his laptop. I decided to call Drew.
“Hey man,” I said once Drew picked up his phone. I put him on speaker. “So you’re flying out here to Vegas today. What time, Shay?”
“4 pm Colorado time. Be at the airport at 2,” Shay said. “I’m emailing you the ticket right now.”
“Thank you so much!” Drew exclaimed. “Who will I look for at the airport?”
“Me and Alan,” I replied.
“Alright. Can’t wait to see you guys!” he nearly yelled. “Sorry Scott didn’t mean to yell.”
“See you soon, man,” I said.
We said our goodbyes again, and I looked over at Alan.
“You need to make yourself pretty. We’re picking him up at 4:30 Vegas time,” I said, looking him up and down. He was still only wearing a towel, exposing his tattoos.
“Help me get ready,” he whined.
“Fine,” I whined back. “Oh, good morning Austin.” I reached up and kissed the corner of his lips, then his cheek. I smiled as he kissed my forehead, and Alan and I walked back to get him ready.
Eventually, Alan and I agreed on black skinny jeans, a Destroy Everything tank top, black vans, and a red beanie. We walked out, and it was only noon. We had time to kill, so I walked over to Austin.
“Hey love,” I whispered in his ear, kissing his neck right over his geisha tattoo.
“Hey, how’s Alan doing?” he asked.
“Nervous. It’s kinda funny, but he’ll be fine,” I shrugged in reply.
“Let’s go outside to talk,” he said, smiling.
We walked out of the tour bus together, and he smiled at me. What he did next took me by total surprise. He wrapped his arms around my waist, and pulled me closer to him so I was pressed against his still shirtless chest. He leaned down to my lips, and I stood on my tiptoes. Our lips finally met, and I swear to god I felt something better than fireworks. Our lips moved together in perfect sync, and I could feel him smiling into the kiss. I smiled back. We pulled apart after a few seconds. It was a sweet kiss. No needy feelings or feelings of desire. Just happiness and something else I wasn’t quite sure of.
“I really like you, Des,” he whispered, resting his forehead on mine.
“I really like you too, Aus,” I whispered back, pecking him on the lips quickly.
“So last night after you fell asleep, Jared texted you,” he murmured, a look of worry crossing his handsome features.
“What did he say?” I asked, suddenly feeling worried myself.
“That he knows we’re dating and he’s going to get you back,” Austin sighed.
“Then we’ll just have to be extra careful. I’m not leaving you as long as you want me,” I whispered.
“I’m glad, love,” he whispered back.
He leaned forward and pressed another sweet kiss against my lips. Wow, I really liked him.
♠ ♠ ♠
Wow okay I'm super sorry I never updated yesterday :( I had work and then I was tired and fell asleep and yeah. So to make up for my missed chapter yesterday, I made this one a little bit longer, and decided to bring back someone you missed :)
Follow my Twitter if you fancy a chat: @KiwiiYDG
Comment and Subscribe? It makes my day <3
Xx, Kiwii