Status: In progress, lovelies <3

I Don't Mind If You're Overrated

You Know We're Not ***ing Around

Drew’s POV

I had just gotten off the plane, and man was I nervous. Destrey didn’t know this, but Alan and I had been texting and talking on the phone since I had to go home last week. I wonder if Alan was as nervous as I was.
“Drew!” I heard a familiar, feminine voice yell out.
“Des! Alan!” I called back, spotting them about thirty feet away from me. I ran up to them and crushed Destrey in the biggest hug ever. Then I looked at Alan. I blushed, and he blushed as well.
“Well come on, kiss already,” Des smirked. “I’m going to buy myself some coffee. I’ll be about 5 minutes.” And with that, she walked off.
“It’s great to see you again,” Alan murmured, smiling shyly.
“I’m happy to see you, too,” I replied, grinning. “Oh, come here.”
I pulled him into a huge hug. We were about the same height, so it wasn’t awkward. We pulled back, and he smiled at me. He leaned in slowly, and I couldn’t take it anymore. I closed the distance between us and kissed him. His lips were chapped, but soft and warm. He kissed back slowly. We earned some disgusted looks as we pulled away, but I couldn’t have been happier.
“Drew, will you be my boyfriend?” Alan asked, grinning now.
“Of course,” I answered.
“Adorable. Now come on, Alan has a show in two hours, then Austin and I have a date with Vic and Kells at 11,” Des said, smiling at us with a coffee in her hand.
We grabbed my luggage, and walked out to Alan’s car. The drive back was nice. It was quiet. Alan and I sat in the back together and cuddled while Destrey drove us back to the venue about an hour away. She had turned on Sleeping With Sirens.
We reached the venue, and Alan had to get ready and go to sound check. I sat by with Destrey and watched them do their check. She absolutely adored Austin. And he seemed to be doing a lot of good for her, which was all I cared about.
“So I’m happy for you and Alan,” she said quietly, nudging me in the side as we watched the boys.
“I’m happy for you and Austin,” I whispered back, grinning.
“We’re going on a date tonight with Kellin and Vic. I’m excited. Kellin and I are getting ready together,” she explained.
“I’m sure you’ll be great. Any word from Jared?” I asked worriedly.
“Unfortunately. He had a backstage pass to the Salt Lake City show, and found me. The PTV and SWS boys stopped him though. He got kicked out. Later that night though, Austin said I received a text from him after I fell asleep that said something like ‘I know you’re dating Carlile. I will get you back, darling’,” she sighed, rubbing her temples.
“It’s an empty threat. Don’t listen to him,” I comforted, rubbing her back gently. “You know how he went through with the big threats in the past.”
“I know. But it still scares me,” she confessed. She smiled at Austin as he winked at her.
“If he ever hurts you, you know that you have all the boys from OM&M, PTV, and SWS to back you up. Jared wouldn’t survive after they dealt with him,” I said, laughing slightly at the thought of that. “And he’d have to deal with a very sassy, angry Drew.”
“Oh yes, Sassy Drew is the worst,” she laughed sarcastically, rolling her eyes.
“Oh it is,” I winked.

Destrey’s POV

“Kellin what am I going to wear?” I whined as he stepped onto my bus.
“No idea. We’ll look though. I brought over a few options, and I figured you could help me choose my outfit,” he assured.
“Of course, love,” I grinned.
“But first, let’s deal with your outfit, hair, and makeup. We have an hour,” he said. He pulled out all my clothes from my suitcase and studied them. He grinned when he saw the perfect outfit. “Austin will love this.”
He handed me the clothes. I changed right in front of him. He wouldn’t mind, he’s gay, and we’re best friends. I pulled on a pair of dark red skinny jeans, a loose fitting white t-shirt with a black bleeding heart on it, and my all black Vans. He smiled at the outfit.
“It’s perfect. You look gorgeous, doll-face,” he smiled softly. “We’re going to leave your hair natural. You have the most gorgeous ringlet curls I’ve ever seen. You don’t need much makeup. Just a bit of eyeliner and mascara, maybe some eye shadow. Your skin is flawless.”
“Thanks Kells,” I smiled back. I applied the makeup quickly, and it turned out perfect, thankfully. Once I had finished, Kellin came over and grabbed two waist length, cherry red curls from right next to my ears. He found a clear rubber band, and tied the curls together in the back. I smiled, and I finally felt beautiful.
“Finished,” he exclaimed, grinning. “Now help me with my outfit.”
“Sure thing,” I smiled back. I picked up a pair of dark blue skinny jeans, a black Anthem Made t-shirt, and his black TOMS. “Try this. Simple enough.”
“Thanks Des,” he grinned, putting them on. I grabbed my favorite black beanie and set it on his head, adjusting it so it was slouchy in the back.
“Finished,” I said, repeating him. “You look great. Vic will love you.”
“Thanks,” he said again. He leaned forward and kissed my cheek.
“Anytime,” I said, smiling and kissing his cheek.
“Let’s go to Vic’s bus. I’m sure Austin is having a blast with Vic,” Kellin said, rolling his eyes and laughing.
“Oh I’m sure,” I responded.
We walked over to PTV’s bus together, laughing and talking. We stepped inside to hear Austin and Vic arguing.
“Why can’t I wear a tank top?” I heard Austin whine.
“Because this is a date! You have to dress somewhat nice! Maldito infierno, it’s like you’ve never been with a girl before!” I heard Vic scold.
“What did Vic say to him in Spanish?” Kellin asked.
“He said ‘fucking hell’,” I whispered back, laughing slightly.
“Fine! I’ll wear the stupid normal t-shirt,” Austin grumbled.
“Finally,” Vic sighed.
“You boys sound like you’re having fun,” Kellin called back, laughing.
“It’s not my fault this boy is nearly impossible to get dressed!” Vic exclaimed, coming over and kissing Kellin. “You look lovely, Kells. And Des… You look absolutely beautiful. I’d tap that if I wasn’t gay.”
“Thanks, Vic,” I said, giggling. Kellin was laughing too.
Austin walked out, and he looked amazing. He was wearing black skinny jeans and a pair of black Vans that were exactly the same as mine. Instead of a normal tank top, he was wearing a loose Aspire and Create t-shirt.
“You look beyond gorgeous, Destrey,” Austin whispered, walking up to me and pulling me into a quick kiss.
“You look amazing yourself,” I whispered back, kissing him again.
♠ ♠ ♠
Gah! I hate how short this chapter is. It's basically a filler-y fluff chapter. I loved writing all the Kellin/Destrey friendship fluff though. It made me smile :)
I promise a better chapter in the next couple days! I start school again tomorrow so I won't be able to update as much, but I'll try to make it 2-3 times a week :)
Follow my Twitter if you fancy a chat: @KiwiiYDG
Comment, subscribe, recommend? I LOVE YOU ALL!
Xx, Kiwii <3