Status: This takes place during season 6, however I most likely won't follow the full story line. This is my first story in forever, so I hope you like it. :)

My Whitelighter

Chapter 5 -- Tonya

Chapter 5

When he didn't answer me I felt anger flood through me. I know you should never resort to violence, but I did anyway. I pushed him backwards, even though he didn't go very far. I just wanted to get my point across that I was done waiting.

"What do you mean by future? It's impossible to come from the future."

Chris sighed and sat down on the couch. He ran his fingers through his amazing hair before taking a few seconds to think. I was on the verge of smacking him when he finally decided to elaborate on what I had just said.

"I'm from the future Callie, I came back to save Wyatt. YOU were the one to talk me into coming back, don't you remember?"

I immediately denied it and crossed my arms, feeling frustrated. I just met him like yesterday. I think he's high or something or has me confused with someone else. There's no way I'm from the future like he's implying that I am.

"I'm not from the future, Chris. Look, you're insane and that's all there is to it."

He stood up so fast I thought my head was going to spin. He grabbed my shoulders and looked into my eyes. His grip was tight but not tight enough to leave a bruise, thank gosh. I wanted to kick him but I figured I would let this asshole finish what he was saying.

"We're from the future! I don't know why, but you don't have a memory of it….or of us. Callie, we were so happy. Can't you try to remember?"

Whoa, I was NEVER with him. EVER. I think I would remember something like that. I would remember dating a psycho, take my ex for example. My ex was plenty fucking psycho, he makes Chris look sane. Speaking of Chris, he's insane too. Just not as insane.

"I've never dated you before, Chris. I just met you yesterday. Now get your hands off me before I kick your ass into the next decade where you apparently belong."

I shoved him off me and went up the stairs to what appeared to be an attic. Piper and Paige were surrounding the book while Phoebe was mixing some kind of potion. I just realized they all have a P in their name. That's pretty cool. I wonder if their parents did it on purpose or something.

"Hey guys."

I waved at them shyly before they all smiled and waved back. From the smiling, I guess they aren't too mad at me for interrupting their sleep. I walked into the room, not quite sure if I was welcome. I figured that if they didn't want me up here they would tell me.

"You girls don't have to be up, you know? I can handle this myself."

They all looked at me like I had twenty heads. That would be a lot of heads. o_O. Why does everyone give me that look when I say that I can take care of myself? I have been taking care of myself since my mother died. I mean, sure my aunt took me in but I still took care of myself most of the time.

"No offense, honey but I think you should let us protect you."

I internally groaned at her choice of words. Phoebe and Chris seem to use the same words but in different ways. Why does everyone want to protect me? I'm only some stranger who has intruded in their lives. If I were them, I'd kick me out.

"Thank you..Phoebe. But um…I think it's best I handle this myself. I don't want you guys to get hurt trying to protect me."

They all laughed in unison before shaking their heads at me. Paige came over to me and gave me a small hug. Even though it was completely awkward, I hugged her back slightly. She finally spoke after pulling away.

"It's what we do, Callie. We protect the innocents and by golly that's what we're going to do."

By golly? Is she high or something? Well, she has had a lack of sleep I guess. Actually, that would explain why everyone seems to be a little over happy or something. Unless they all know something I don't know in which case I think I'm just being paranoid and over thinking everything. I finally decided to ask a smart question.

"I know what the source is, but who is he? Why is he after me?"

I sat down on the couch that was in the attic, feeling the sleep deprivation start to wear on me. That nap I had was the longest I've closed my eyes in weeks. I'm always up all night studying mom's book of shadows and trying to find out how she actually died. I always thought it was something weird but I never imagined that a demon could have done it. It was Piper who finally answered me after the long silence.

"We're not sure who he is; we were hoping you could identify him for us if you got a good look at him. As for why he's after you…we're confused on that. Did you say the spell in the book to get your powers?"

There's a spell in the book for that? I shook my head and tried to think back to if I read any of them aloud. I remember one inscription but I don't think I've ever read it. I thought my mom was nuts when she talked about magic. I didn't think it would be real. I didn't think any of this could be real until now.

"I don't remember reciting anything out of the book."

Piper nodded before turning her attention to Paige. I like Paige's hair. Her hair is like this red-ish color, but not a natural red. It's kind of hard to explain. It looks good on her though. I like phoebe's blonde hair too and Piper's long hair. All three of them are gorgeous. I wish I looked like them.

"Paige, would you orb her to get her stuff. She's going to stay with us for a while, if it's okay with her."

I looked at her, feeling confused. Why are they so quick to take me in? They don't even know me. For all they know I'm like some serial killer witch or something. Whoa, calling myself a witch was weird to say. Apparently I am one though.

I finally nodded my head before walking over to Paige. She grabbed onto my hand before orbing me back to my little apartment. I went to my room and grabbed my bags that were already packed. I sighed and looked around the room.

This was just another temporary home. Ha, that reminded me of a song I heard the other day. I finally shook my head, clearing all my crazy thoughts. I carried my bags to the small living room I had where Paige was supposed to be.

"Um, Callie?"

Her voice sounded like it was coming from the kitchen. What on Earth is she doing in there? I sat my stuff down before going back to my room to grab the last two bags.

"Yes, Paige?"

I went back to the living room and sat all my stuff down before going into the kitchen to see what Paige wanted. She was standing in the middle of the very small kitchen that I had never used.

"Who's Tonya?"

How did she hear that name? How would anyone but me know that name? Just her saying the name brought back old wounds and fresh ones. It still hurts me to think of Tonya.

"Why?"

That seemed like a short question and I was hoping she couldn't tell that my voice was cracking. I knew I was going to cry, but I tried to blink tears back anyway.

"Because someone left you a message."

She pointed to a note on the stove. I walked over and picked it up to examine it. There was bold words that read, 'You can't escape me, Callie. You're going to die. Tonya isn't here to protect you anymore, she's rotting in hell from trying to keep you safe.'

I could only stare at the note as the blood in my veins ran cold. Tonya is my mother and she might be alive and in hell suffering.
♠ ♠ ♠
This chapter is a little cheesy, I know. But, you will see why I added it for later chapters. :D