Status: active

We All Want Love

Chapter 2

When I woke up on Saturday I had a little headache, but I could handle it. Just in case I took some medicine to kill the pain and began to work on my essay. For having creative ideas I made myself coffee. A lot of coffee. The essay had to be finish by Friday so I didn't have much time. A sudden flood of stress overtook me. For this reason I had eaten everything that my fridge contained. Plus 3 bars of chocolates, whole pizza for dinner mixed with another gallon of coffee.

My brain was trying to formulate some very intellectual sentences when my phone rang. Unknown number. I immediately thought it was Evgeni and started to freak out for unknown reason. Then I thought it also could be some phone guy offering me some absolutely useless product.

"Hallo?" I said curiously.

"Hey, it's Evgeni. I promised you to call about James."

"Hi. How is that poor boy feeling?" It was a little bit hard to automatically change into Russian.

"He has a headache and a bit dehydrated. Actually, he isn't able to do anything even wake up from his bed. You know, he's hangover." I laughed.

"I bet he promised he would never ever drink again, right?" he chuckled.

"Yeah, like he promised last month. James is just... James." we laughed.

"You know, I just wanted to- " he started but then he stopped.
"I mean, you don´t have to worry. He'll be all right." I felt like he wanted to say something else.

I didn't know why, but I wanted to talk to him. Hearing his voice even just for a few more seconds was worth it. I had to say something to continue the talk.

"It's nice to hear someone speaking Russian. Your Russian is reminding me home." Oh Gosh. Why I was saying that?

"Really?" he said little surprised.

"Yeah." I nodded with a little smile on my lips.

"I have to go so... Hmm, see you or something." he quickly ended up the conversation. I felt like I told him something that scared him.

Great, now he thinks I am some crazy women. There was no doubt he thought I was crazy. At first, I embarrassed myself by literally drooling at his muscular body then I was making with him some stupid conversation which made no sense. Great. Oh, why was my life one awkward moment? He must have thought I was another obsessed fan girl. I could clearly hear through phone he was not interested. But why he was staring at me like that yesterday.

I was surely getting paranoid. I should have stopped thinking about him. But I couldn't. It was ridiculous. Why I was even thinking about him? I didn't even know him.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Mondays were the worst. But working with friend like Rebecca was fun even on Monday. I always adored our customers, because when we start to talk there's no way we are going to work and after last Friday we had a lot of topics to discuss about.

"You somehow disappeared at the party." I started with a smirk on my face.

"I wasn't feeling good. I just needed some rest." She was my best friend so it wasn't hard to recognize that she was lying to me. I knew her for so long.

"That's interesting, because Sidney was also nowhere to found." I liked to tease her. She immediately blushed. I got her.

"He was feeling sick so we go for a walk together." She was still trying to fool me. It was impossible for me to hide the grin on my face.

"Go for a walk? That's how you call it now?" I said sarcastically. I loved to tease her. She was just easy target.

"Ok. We kissed. Are you happy know?" she was glad that she could finally release the secret to somebody.

I was really happy for Rebecca and Sidney. They had known each other a long time. But I had some doubts. Sidney's life was hockey and Rebecca would not always be his first priority. I just didn't want to see Rebecca disappointed.

"He asked me to watch him at the practice tomorrow. He told me I can bring friends. So I want you to go with me. I can't go there only by myself." she begged. I was glad we were interrupted with a customer. I had some time to think about some arguments against her propose.

"Can you tell me why would I go with you? Just imagine it. You two will want some privacy and I will be stranding there awkwardly." I really had no intension to go.

"Oh don't be so childish. You're not going to be alone there. There'll be other people that you can talk to." she tried to persuade me.

"For example?" I said not interested in her offer.

"For example, you can make fun of my brother about Friday." I wasn't sure if would be able to handle that much fun.

"Also Geno will be there." she said with a devilish grin.

"And what?" I said confused.

"When I came back to James, he was asking me about you." my eyes widened.

"What? What did you tell him?" I almost spilled vanilla latte on me.

"He was a little bit curious actually. I told him that kind of things like your mother is Russian but you father is American, where you're working or that you're single and bla bla..." she waved her hand like it wasn't worth to talk about it.

"He was asking you if I was single?" I asked surprised.

"No, but I told him you are single. It´s good he knows that." I pushed her arm and she just stuck out her tongue at me.

Why would he be curious about me? Perhaps I was somehow reminding him home. But on the other hand, there are many Russians living here in Pittsburgh and I don't think he was curious about every one of them. Oh. The theories in my head were making me go nuts.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey guys :) Thank you so much for your comments. They are really supporting me to write. I hope you enjoy this chapter :)