Status: active

We All Want Love

Chapter 3

Rebecca dropped me home from the work to change my clothes. I really didn't care about it so I just put on the first thing I saw in my closet. After all, we were going to the Pens practice not to the theater. I just wore gray sweatshirt, jeans and sneakers. My hair was in ponytail. I had a bit of make up on, because I didn't want to scare the population outside my house without it. It took me about 10 minutes to change and I got back to her car. Then we went to her place so she could change, too. It took her almost hour to decide what she should wear. But I totally understand that. She wanted to impress Sid.

After we finally got ready (by 'we' I meant Rebecca) we were on out way to Consol. The ride took us about 20 minutes to get finally to the stadium. Becca is James´s sister so I was a bit easier to move around the stadium.

We sat on seats not far away from the ring so we could see the players better. While we were watching them, Becca´s eyes were tied only on Sidney. Obviously, he noticed that and enjoyed the attention. He was still looking at us as well, trying some tricks to impress us. One trick didn't go as he wanted. He bumped into his teammate an fall on the ice. We started to laugh. As he was trying to get up, Geno skated next to him and said Sidney something that made him laugh. Then Geno skated away from him and looked at us. He took the puck, played a little with it and then scored a beautiful goal. People at practice clapped. Of course, we clapped along with the audience. Afterwards he scored that, there were no extra expression on his face. He looked at me for a second to see if I was clapping and then he looked down on the ice. He was so cute on the ice. He was still smiling and playing happily like he was a little kid.

After their practice Sid with other guys went straight to the locker room. When they were leaving the ice Sidney pointed with his stick where we should wait for him. While we were waiting Rebecca was so nervous. She thanked me that I was there with her. About 15 minutes later, Sidney finally appeared. He offered to guide us around the Consol.

After quick tour around the stadium, we sat on a couch in some room to relax. I totally understand why Rebecca fell for him so hard. He was just sweetheart. He always opened the doors for us, smile never left his face and he was so polite and gentleman. We were chatting about various topics. Rebecca was literally hypnotized by his voice.

“How about I show you how to skate?” Sid said looking with his big browns eyes at us. I felt like I should leave them their own space.

“I´d like to but I just realized I have some work to do.” I said like it was something very important but actually I had nothing to do at all.

“Oh really? Come on.“ he was convincing me to stay while Rebecca silently thanked me for leaving them alone.

“I'm sorry. Next time. I promise. I'm sure you guys will have fun.” I said.

“Ok. Next time. How you´re going to get home?” he asked curiously.

“I´m going take a taxi probably.” Rebecca and Sidney protested.
Apparently my car was being repaired so I have no another option than taxi.

“No way. We´ll go find my brother. He will drive you home.” Becca said decisively. I didn't agree but they persuaded me. After searching for James we found him in the locker room packing his stuff.

“Can you take Lucy home please? She has to go home but Sidney and I would like to stay here for a little more.” James nodded but looked a little disapprovingly when Becki said that thing about her and Sidney.

“Sure, but you have to wait a moment. I have to talk with coach. It will take about 40 minutes” he said with a little smile.

“Thank you, but I´ll probably take a taxi.” I didn't want to wait that long.

“I had a ride home. I can take you if you want.” Evgeni said rubbing his head. Clearly, there were also other players who heard our conversation.

“I don't want to bother you.” I said nicely.

“No. it ok. I-“ he was interrupted with Rebecca.

“Yeah, Evgeni can take you home. See what a great person he is?” she wrapped her arm around my shoulder she said it more enthusiastic than it was necessary.

I thankfully nodded and waited for him while he packed his things. His Porsche was parked in the garages. He opened the trunk of the car and put his stuff in it. Then we were on our way to my house.

“I really appreciate this.” I said thankfully in Russian.

“If it wasn't you I wouldn't probably take you” he said licking his lips.

“Why?” I said curious about the answer.

“Because you're Russian. Russians should help each other.”

On the ride home he was so kind and communicative. We were talking about Russia where we were actually from and what we missed about Russia. Somehow the topic went to James.

“James is not very happy about your friend and Sidney. He looked a bit mad. ” he said not leaving the eyes from the road.

“He´s her brother so he is protective. If I were him I would probably do the same.” He agreed.

The conversation continued pretty well. I was surprised with myself, because I didn't say anything stupid I was just myself. Suddenly, my phone started to rang. It was my friend from school Mike.

“Hi Mike. Wazzup?” I tried to be more kind on the phone than usual to get Evgeni´s attention. It worked. He was a little curious with who I talked to. Every time I laughed in the phone he looked at my side.

Few minutes later we arrived at my place. “Thank you so much. Now I owe you something. Is there anything I can do for you?” I asked after getting out of his car.

“How about you go this Saturday to the club? Sidney and Rebecca will be surely there, too. Huh?” he asked ambitiously without any hesitation.

“Well, maybe” I said then I shut the car door with a grin on my face.
He is a player, I'm not talking about hockey now.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hello. Glad to see Geno back on ice. But poor Sid, hope it will not be that bad :/