Maybe Someday

Morning After

We lay in bed breathing heavily, trying to catch our breath.

“Wow,” James mumbles out and I nod in agreement. “Best birthday,” he says before dropping a kiss on my head. I smile, thankful that I was able to pull this off. I kick my legs off the side of the bed and stand up slipping James’ shirt over my head.

“Where are you going?”

“To get your presents,” I say before disappearing into his closet. I had stashed them there this afternoon knowing he wouldn’t be back in. I wrapped the paintings in simple purple paper knowing it was his favorite color. I carry them back into the room and place them on the bed. James has moved himself to a sitting position, the sheet loose around his hips.

“You didn’t have to get me anything, Annie, tonight was more than enough.” He looks at the size of the wrapped presents in front of him worriedly.

“I wanted to. Just open them,” I push excitedly. He smiles at my reaction but obeys and rips the paper off the first painting. Our beautiful waterfall stares back at us with a couple kissing, emerged in the water. I watch James as he takes in the scene.

“Wow...Annie, this is...Amazing!” I smile triumphantly and he matches my look kissing me briefly before looking back down to admire the work.

“Open the other.” He reluctantly puts the picture down and tears open the last painting. It’s larger than the other, a beautiful snapshot of the sunset from the Neal’s backyard. The sky is the main subject, but down on the dock a couple sit watching. “I thought you could put this one up in the hall, down by the front door, and then this one you can put up in here. If you want.”

“That’s a great idea babe, thank you! So much, these are amazing!” He pulls me close and kisses me, a hot kiss that leaves me wanting more.

.....................................................

Kelsey and I were flipping through magazines and watching re-runs on TV when my phone rang. It was a long distance number and I held my breath as I picked up. I walk up the stairs to get some privacy.

“Annie? It’s me.”

“Alex,” I breathe and instantly tears brim my eyes. “You’re okay!”

“I’m okay. I’m good, how are you? Are you okay?”

“I’m fine. Great now,” I take a deep breath and he laughs.

“Listen, I don’t have long. Five minutes maybe. So just talk to me okay?”

“Okay,” I say being used to this. Whenever he calls he just asks me to talk. About anything really even if it’s completely stupid. In the end I feel like I haven’t really spoken to him at all, but I know it helps him. Helps him get his mind off everything.

“I’m doing well, financially. So save the money you get, okay? I had a couple of big name jobs and they’re bringing in consistent customers.”

“That’s great, Annie. I’m proud of you!” It’s moments like these when I wish I could record our conversations just so I could hear him say that over and over.

“Thanks. Oh, and uh...I met someone,” I stutter out nervously. “His name is James, and he’s a really great guy.”

“Rebecca’s older brother?” Alex has never met Beck, but I’ve talked about her and her family multiple times.

“Yes, the oldest. We’ve been seeing each other for about three months now.”

“He good to you?”

“He’s amazing, Alex. I can’t wait for you to get home so you can meet him! You’ll love him!” Alex goes silent and so do I, rubbing my forward frustratingly. “You’re not coming home soon, are you?”

“No, I’m not.” My head falls back and my throat burns. I squeeze my eyes tight but the tears pour out anyway. “My team has been extended another three months, maybe more.” I let the tears fall, trying to be as quiet as I can.

“This sucks,” I state honestly. “I’m proud of you, and I love you, but this sucks.”

“I know it does,” he agrees. “But you focus on your life, and I’ll home before you know it.”

“Time’s up?” I ask as I hear a man talking to him in the background.

“Yeah. It’s so good to hear your voice, Annie. Stay strong for me, okay?”

“I will. I love you, Alex.”

“I’ll talk to you soon. I love you.”

With that the line goes dead. I bite my lip fighting more tears. I step into my bathroom and splash cool water on my face. I dry my face off and look into the mirror repeating Alex’s words over and over in my head. Stay strong for me, stay strong for me.

As I step out of the bathroom my phone buzzes in my head.

From: James.

Lockout’s confirmed. Pre-season games being canceled.

To: James

God, this sucks! I’m so sorry, James.

From: James

Yeah. I’m going to go get a few drinks with Pauly.

To: James

Okay, do you still want me to come over tonight?

From: James

Yes.

I smile in relief at his last text. At least he wasn’t completely pushing me away. I look at my watch to see that it’s eight o’clock now. He’ll probably be out until eleven or so, but I’m too tired to go out with Kelsey. I walk down the stairs and find her flipping through a magazine. As she hears me she looks up at me sympathetically. Kels has been around long enough to know the toll Alex’s calls take on me.

I flop down on the couch next to her, “I need a vacation,” I sigh exasperatedly. She throws her head back and laughs and soon I’m giggling with her.

“Oh my god!” She states after we die down. “Let’s take a vacation!” I just roll my eyes at her. “No, seriously! Let’s go! Let’s just take a long weekend down in Florida.”

“I don’t know, Kels. Work is really starting to pick up for me right now, and the lockout was just confirmed. It just doesn’t seem like a great time to leave.” As much as I would like to, I know it’s not a good idea.

“Yeah, I get that. We should plan something though! Maybe in like December? We haven’t gone anywhere in the longest time!”

“Yeah, early December, I could do that.” I nod my head confirming and Kelsey squeals.

“Yay! I’ll do all the planning, don’t worry! Just keep your schedule open.” She stands and gives me a hug before gathering her things and heading towards the door, I follow. “Are you sure you don’t want to come out with me tonight?”

“Yeah, I’m sure. I’ll talk to you later, Kels.” I wave as I shut the door and then head upstairs to pack an overnight bag.

By the time I get to James’ it’s 8:30. I take a nice bath in his huge tub, pull on a tank and some panties and crawl in bed. I let out a heavy sigh as I sink into the bed and wrap myself in the blankets. As my body begins to relax I realize what a long day it’s really been.
I was up at six to help Kelsey at the bakery. She got a huge last minute cupcake order in and her extra help was out with the flu. I was out by noon and had to skip lunch to meet with a very particular and hard-to-please client. I spent the the rest of the afternoon working on her project before I left at six to meet Kelsey back at my place. And after Alex’s call and the news of the lockout I cannot be more exhausted. Physically and mentally.

After hanging up with Alex all I really wanted was to run to James. I understand him wanting to go out after getting the bad news. I don’t blame him. But I really would have rather him take care of me tonight instead of the other way around.

A loud crash jolts me awake. I rub the sleep out of my eyes, confused. When I see James isn’t in bed I know he must be the culprit. I check the clock on his table: 12:45am. I run a hand through my hair before getting up. James stumbles into the bedroom before I can reach the door. When he sees me his face breaks out into a huge grin.

“Annie!” He shouts excitedly causing me to giggle. “Hey b-baby,” he hiccups and pulls me into a hug.

“Hi sweetie,” I say while leading him to the bed. I sit him down and kneel to take off his shoes and socks. “Did someone have a little too much to drink tonight?” He giggles and pinches his fingers together to motion just a tiny bit.

I laugh at him and stand placing his shoes away and beginning to unbutton his shirt. I slide it off his shoulders and walk away to put it in the dirty hamper. I go to the kitchen to fill a glass of water for his hiccups. When I return he’s hunched over fumbling with his belt. I hand him the water and brush his hands away, undoing the belt easily and sliding his pants down.

“You t-take suuuuuch good care of me,” he says after gulping the water down. I can’t help but giggle at his tone and arm gestures.

“It’s because I love you,” I say and run my finger through his hair. I push his shoulders back motioning for him to lay down. He kicks off his pants and hands me the cup before climbing under the duvet. When I slide in on the other side he pulls me into him.

“I’ll never love anyone else but you,” he whispers to me and I’m stunned into silence by his sincerity. We’ve never really talked about our future together and I’m not so sure now is the best time. “You’re it for me.”

“James, you’re very drunk,” I say to him but he just shakes his head silencing me.

“I know, but I’ve been thinking about it a-a lot lately. And I’ve decided that I don’t want to be with anyone else. Even if you leave me, I’d never love anyone else.”

“Why?”

“B-because, you’re it for me,” he repeats from earlier. “I n-never thought I’d be with someone the way I am with you. I accepted that I was never meant to find that one person. But now I have, and I don’t ever want to give that up. But if I’m not the one for you, I won’t make you stay, but I’d never move on. I’ll always love you Annie.” His voice is low and he takes his time with his speech concentrating on every word that comes out. A smile crosses my face as a few tears roll down my cheeks. After such a bad day this is exactly the kind of thing I needed to hear, even if he was drunk.

“I’ll never leave you, James,” I tell him honestly as he fades into sleep.

............................................................

I wake up with a pounding head-ache and sit up slowly. I rest against the head board until the room stops spinning. I swing my legs off the bed and slide to the edge. There’s a bottle of water and Advil waiting on my bedside table. I smile, she takes such good care of me. As I take the pills I read the note she left behind for me.

James,

I went for a run, I’ll be back soon! There’s coffee in the kitchen, and biscuits warming in the oven. You were very funny last night, and if you remember what I said, I meant it!

P.S. Don’t shower without me;)

XOXO

Annie

I slip the note in my dresser drawer then slowly walk to the kitchen for food, smiling like crazy. It smells delicious and just as promised there’s coffee (still hot) and biscuits in the oven. I take the pan out and settle at the counter the food and caffeine instantly making me feel better.

I think back to last night trying to remember what exactly happened. I remember hearing from my agent and calling Pauly up for drinks. I remember sitting at the bar drinking until the bartender cut us off and called us cabs. I remember her taking care of me, and I remember spilling my heart out to her, but I can’t remember what she said.

I finish eating and place my dishes in the sink when I hear the door open and soon she’s standing in-front of me. My breath catches in my throat as I watch her smiling at me.

“Hey, babe,” she says all breathy, “How do you feel?” I nod my head at her but I can’t focus. All I can see are the tiny shorts she has on, the unzipped jacket with only a sports bra underneath. All I can see is her gorgeous, toned body glistening in sweat, and her breasts heaving with each breath. My cock twitches and my tongue darts out to wet my dry lips.

“James...” she giggles finally catching my attention and a wolfish grin settles on my lips. I take the few strides over to her, cupping her face in my hands as I kiss her, needy. I pull her body in tight but she struggles away. “I’m all sweaty!”

“I know, just the way I like you.” She just shakes her head at me and pulls me into the bathroom.

“You didn’t shower already did you?” She asks innocently as she starts the shower and removes the little amount of clothing she has on. I shake my head and slip off my boxers following her into the shower.

I watch mesmerized as she stands under the water tilting her head back to wet her hair. I’ve never seen something more beautiful. I grab her body wash before she can and squirt some into my hands. She steps towards me and watches as I rub the soap between my hands before washing her.

I start at her neck, massaging her shoulders before slipping my hands down her arms. My hands roam her her hips, and make increasing circles on her stomach until they’re kneading her perfect breasts. My thumbs tweak her nipples as my hands slide towards her back.

I’m hard as rock and as squeeze her butt I pull her close so she can feel. She moans in return and tilts her head up to meet my lips. Her tongue slides through my lips deliciously as I push her against the wall. She wiggles her hips against mine and before I know it she has her leg extended. I help her adjust, sliding her calf onto my shoulder and holding her thigh.

“I love how flexible you are,” I say against her lips. Her hand finds my cock and gives me a few strong strokes for good measure. She guides it in between her folds and then I’m slipping into her warm, slick pussy. I grip her thigh and groan at the sensation.

I watch her face as I pull out and slide back again and again. But she’s looking down, watching my cock disappear inside her over and over.

“I love watching,” she moans and tears her gaze away to look up at me. “Is that weird? That I love watching you fuck me?”

“No, baby,” I shake my head and claim her mouth again. I focus in on her, pounding into her just the way she likes while my hand tweaks her clit. She moans in pleasure and bites her lip. “I want to hear you baby. I love hearing how good I can make you feel.”
“So good,” she moans, releasing her lip allowing the beautiful sounds to be heard. My breathing is rapid and she pants along with me as our slick bodies meet together so perfectly. Her pussy clenches around me and my eyes roll back. I thrust harder so close to crashing, and wanting to bring her along with me.

“Come on baby,” I whisper in her ear. “Give it to me, I want to feel it.” And with those words she unravels, her legs twitching, pussy clenching, milking out my own orgasm with hers. I ride them out until we’re spent and she’s clinging to me panting heavily.

When our breathing slows I pull out and Annie whimpers along with the new emptiness. I slowly slide her leg off my shoulder and stand her on her own. I stay close as she grips my biceps and giggle.

“My legs,” she says and I laugh along with her kissing her lovingly. She turns away and washes herself quickly before turning back with a sexy smile and soap in her hands. Before I can protest she’s running her hands along my chest and arms slowly like she’s memorizing every inch. As her hands lower towards my abs I close my eyes relishing in her touch.

When I open them she’s on her knees to soap up my legs. As she runs them up my thighs my cock stands at attention begging for her attention. She leans back letting the soap run off her fingers in the water before taking my cock in her hands. I groan tossing my head back as she sucks on the tip, flicking her tongue around and around.

“Annie,” I can’t but moan as she takes me deep. My hands tangle in her hair and I clench my gluts thrusting my cock deeper in her mouth. When she pulls back for air I stroke her cheek with my thumb. And before I know it she’s sucking me back into the pretty little mouth of hers, working my balls in her hands.

As my muscles clench and I drain myself down the back of her throat I can’t believe how quick she made me come. Clearly she’s shocked too as she stands up, but masks it with an innocent smile.

“I guess I did good, then?” I shake my head at her and pinch her side playfully before kissing her.

“You did so good, baby. Thank you.” She watches as I rinse off my body and then kiss her again before stepping out of the shower, leaving her to finish her hair. I dry off and drop my towel crawling into bed, naked, hoping to spend the day with nothing in-between us. I wait patiently as she turns of the shower and then blow drys her hair.

As she walks out of the bathroom in all her glory I can’t help but smile. I hold out the blankets for her and she happily slides in next to me, cuddling up to my side. I shift around a bit until we’re both comfortable. I pull her leg up so it’s hitched over my stomach pulling us closer together.

“Are you satisfied?” She asks me and all I can do is nod sleepily. Before I can drift to sleep my eyes pop open and I flip us over suddenly. Her eyes widen in surprise and I peck her lips in an apology.

“What did you say to me last night?” She just smiles in return and cups my cheek with one hand and runs the other through my damp hair.

“You said that you’d never love anyone else,” she says and I nod my head. “You said that even if I left you that you’d never move on. Never love anybody like you love me. And I said that I’m never going to leave you.” Her gaze bores into mine. I turn my head in her hand to kiss her palm.

“I know we haven’t discussed our future together much,” she continues with my captured attention. “And I know we will later, but I just want you to know, that everything you feel is mutual. I love you, James. I love you just as much as you love me, maybe even more.” I smile at her confession but shake my head disbelieving.

“That’s not possible,” I say to her, completely serious. “You could never love me more than I love you.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Wow...not quite sure what happened. Didn't get quite the reaction I was hoping for after the Birthday chapter but that's okay. Guess I got kind of blocked after that. I wasn't too sure where I wanted it to go I had three chapters written out going in completely different directions and finally decided on this one. Hope you all haven't lost interest in the story! Hoping to get another chapter out tonight or tomorrow.

Pretty please leave a comment!

Also not sure if any of you read it or not but I posted one chapter in my Sidney Crosby story. It didn't come out like I hoped and honestly I'm thinking of deleting it and re-doing it. Let me know what you think of that to! Story!