Maybe Someday

Florida

“Tell me again why you’re leaving so suddenly?” James asks from my bed as I walk back and forth between my closet collecting clothes to pack. I sigh, already having explained this twice. “Originally it was December.”

“Yes, originally. But, airfare and hotels are much cheeper down there in October instead of December. Plus it won’t be as crowded.” James grunts clearly unhappy but refrains from commenting.

It was a last minute decision to leave this early and even though I gave him two weeks notice, James still hasn’t wrapped his head around it. I understand his jealousy, I do, but it’s bordering on ridiculous. He should be able to trust me enough to let me do this without being completely miserable.

“Quit it,” I scold him as he inspects the bikinis I just placed on the bed. He holds a top up and raises his eyebrow at me. I roll my eyes, “Knock it off James, it’s perfectly appropriate.”

“Not in my book,” He grumbles and I toss a shirt I was folding down frustrated.

“If you’re just going to sit here and bitch then you might as well leave,” I snap at him, hands on hips, full glare. “Quit making me feel bad about leaving. I shouldn’t feel guilty because you can’t control your jealousy. Get over it.” His face softens and he sits up knowing he did wrong.

“Annie, I’m sorry. I’m not trying to make you feel bad, this just sucks for me and I can’t help but be a little bitter about it. It’s hard to get over this when you attract enough guys fully clothed. I just can’t help but picture-”

“Don’t picture anything James,” I interrupt him. “God! I promised you I wouldn’t leave you. I won’t. I freaking love you, you idiot! Is that not enough? Because if it’s not, I don’t know what else to do.” I watch worry crease his face as he gulps noticeably. “You need to learn how to trust me James. This can never work if we don’t trust each other.”

He reaches for me, wanting reassurance but I step back from his reach. He frowns but nods his head anyway.

“I do trust you, Annie. I really do! It’s just-god, I’ve never had this need to control things so much, but...”

“But what?”

“With you I do. I need that control,” he states rubbing the back of his neck, looking ashamed.

“Why?”

“I’m afraid.”

“That I’ll cheat on you?”

“No! No, I’m afraid you’ll find someone better. More worthy.” I’m shocked into silence at his confession but step forward, straddling his lap and hugging him to me tightly.

“James, I don’t know what I can do to assure you, all I can do is tell you how much I care about you.” I run my hands over his face and kiss him. “I love you, and I’m sorry, but that’s all I got.”

“It’s enough, baby,” he tells me in-between the soft pecks I’m giving him. “It is, this is just something I’m going to have to deal with. I’m sorry for taking it out on you.”

I nod my head accepting his apology and kiss him heavily wanting to reassure him in every way I can. His hands lift my shirt over my head and I step out of my shorts while he discards his. I reconnect our lips pushing him down against the bed. He reaches behind me and unhooks my bra then flips us over and takes a bid bud in his hot mouth, sucking and nipping so eagerly.

I’m usually all for the foreplay but I’m already running late and I’m burning so hot all I want is James inside me. I moan and grind my hips against his hardened shaft letting him know I’m ready. He doesn’t listen. Instead he holds my hips down and tortures my breasts until I’m putty in his hands.

When he finally sinks into me, I’m on verge of orgasm. He draws himself in and out slowly before setting a quick rhythm. I can’t contain my sounds as he stokes me so deliciously. My head tosses back in pure pleasure as I feel him spasm deep inside me.

“Annie,” he moans into my neck before I pull his lips to mine.

The sensation splits through me and I grind down on his convulsing cock as I come, hard, clenching and unwinding as James holds me tightly.

For several minutes, the only sound in the room was our heavy breathing as we come down from our high. I instantly reconsider my trip to Florida, knowing I’ll be going five days without this. Without him. Since we’ve gotten together, we haven’t gone five days without sex. Hell, we hadn’t gone five days without seeing each other. As I lay, content on his chest, I wonder how I’ll last.

.........................................

“We were just starting to worry,” Kelsey said as I finally met them at our gate in the airport. I blush thinking back to why I was so late. The girls giggle at me and I burn crimson.

Once we board and we’re on the flight I take a pic of my and Kels with Jackie and Haley leaning over the back seats and tweet it.

@AnnieAldridge: FLA here we come!! #girlstrip #vacay Can’t wait for some much needed sun and beach time with my mains @KelseyKuper3 @HaleyMK @Jacqueline524

As we got in a cab and took off for our resort I sent James a text to let him know we landed and then looked through my phone at tweets. A couple of people sent me recommendations for restaurants and good bars around town. I saved the names and scrolled through some more when a link caught my eye.

NHL For the Ladies:

James Neal’s girlfriend of 3 months, Annie Aldridge, has left her NHL beau for a beach getaway with good friend, Kelsey Kuper. The two arrived in Orlando earlier this afternoon, all smiles and ready for some quality time. Aldridge is reported to be a New York native who moved to Pittsburgh a few years back. She is an artist with her own shop in the city. Kuper is a Pittsburgh native and is a baker! She owns a bakery close to Aldridge’s shop. More on this vacay later, for now here’s a picture of the two friends at the airport today.

Picture

“What the hell?” I muttered and showed it to a curious Kelsey. She raises her eyebrows and laughs while I quickly forward the link to James. I didn’t even notice anyone taking our picture.

To: James

Hey, just got in and on the way to the resort. I was looking through my twitter mentions and saw this.

From: James

Hey baby, glad you made it safely. God, I’m sorry Annie! Just ignore it, I doubt they will follow you throughout the whole trip. If they do just pretend they aren’t there.

To: James

Okay, babe. Whatever you say. It’s alright, just shocked me I guess. I can’t believe people would be interested in what I’m doing.

From: James

I’m always interested;) Have fun, but miss me okay? Just a little bit.

To: James

I already miss you. Only five days babe! xoxo

I pulled up twitter and quickly sent out a tweet before putting my phone away.

@AnnieAldridge: Just landed! So exited for this vacation! Thank you for all the suggestions!

When we got to our room Kelsey started to unpack while I took a shower. Kelsey’s little sister Haley and her friend Claire were in the connecting room to ours getting settled as well. After we all got showers and clean clothes on we decided to head out and hit Disney Land.

After running around like crazy all day and night at Disney World we finally crashed at 2:30 back at the hotel. When I woke the next morning Kelsey was already up typing away on her phone.

“I’m tweeting you,” she states and I laugh.

“Okay.”

@KelseyKuper3: Never too young for Disney! @AnnieAldridge @HaleyMK @Jacqueline524
Twitpic

“What do you want to do today?” I ask Kels while she’s shifting through her clothes.

“Let’s just lay by the pool. I’m so exhausted from last night!” I nodded in agreement and slipped on my suit.

As we scope out a spot by the pool I had Kelsey my phone and have her snap a picture so I could send it to James

To: James

Pool day! Miss you lots! Have fun training with the boys. xoxo

We order some cocktails and flip through magazines while trying to get a tan. Around one Jackie and Haley join us looking incredibly hungover. They stick with water and groan. I flip over on my stomach as Kelsey and Jackie announce they’re going to get us some food.

I’m almost asleep when a body pounces on me. I grunt and Kelsey giggles in my ear.

“Wait, wait, smile!” Haley says holding up her camera. I can’t stop laughing as Kels squeezes me from behind and Jackie dies next to us laughing as well. “You guys are ridiculous!”

“I call twitter!” Kelsey jumps up and uploads the picture.

@KelseyKuper3: We love each other! @AnnieAldridge #soulmates #besties #sistafromanothermista

Twitpic

We have some burgers and after finishing my magazine I pull out my phone. My twitter mentions are going crazy so I pull it up.

@PENSROCK: @AnnieAldridge is this true?!

NHL For the Ladies

Good morning, Ladies! Man do we have gossip for you! After a big fight in Pittsburgh, James Neal and girlfriend Annie Aldridge have called it quits. In retaliation she has shipped off to Florida to party it up with long time friend, Kelsey Kuper. After a quiet first day relaxing poolside, the girls turned it up a notch. They hit up clubs and onlookers said Aldridge looked single and ready to mingle. Here’s a photo of their first night out.

Riding Solo

God, I am seriously getting sick of this site. Why would anyone even make this crap up? I quickly type out a text to set the records straight.

@AnnieAldridge: @PENSROCK don’t believe everything you read! Just went down for a vacation with my friends! James and I are great! #NOTSINGLE

I wonder if James has seen this, and what he thinks. I don’t want him to think I’m down here partying and living a single life.

To: James

Miss you like crazy! Having so much fun (but not too much;))! Was a kid yesterday and went to Disney! lol Anyway, wish you were here! Call me when you’re free xoxo

Mickey

My phone starts vibrating in my hand and I smile at how quick he responds.

“Hey,” I breathe into the receiver.

“Hey baby. You look like you’re having a lot of fun.”

“I am, just miss you is all.”

“I miss you too.”

“That blog site wrote about us again,” I mention. “They said we broke up and I came down here in ‘retaliation’ and that I’m ‘single and ready to mingle’.”

“Yeah, I saw your tweet,” he says back.

“Was that okay? I can delete it, I just wanted to clear the rumors,” I say suddenly wishing I would have consulted him before sending out that tweet.

“No, it’s okay. I actually thought it was a good idea. Loved your hashtag baby.” I giggle thinking of how I put it in all caps. “So I think I’m gonna head up to Whitby tonight and stay while your gone. I can train with Gary for a little bit.”

“That’s a great idea!”

“Yeah, keep me from obsessing over you.”

“Not too much,” I tease.

“No, you’re always on my mind, Annie Aldridge.”

“I love you,” I say while smiling like an idiot.

“I love you.”

..............................
James’ POV

As I sit waiting for the plane to take off I pull up Annie’s twitter and sift through her tweets.

@AnnieAldridge: Late but oh well! Me and @KelseyKuper3 yesterday at DisneyLand! #likewearekidsagain
Disney

@AnnieAldridge: @KelseyKuper3 and I just got asked to do a photo shoot! #models? Should we do it? #nervous #dilemma

@RebeccaNeal: @AnnieAldridge @KelseyKuper3 YES! Oh my god, if you don’t I will seriously never talk to you again!

My stomach drops as I read the last two. Photo shoot? In Florida? I quickly text Annie before the flight attendant asks me to turn off my phone.

To: Annie

Photo shoot? Care to explain? Not too sure I’m comfortable with this.
♠ ♠ ♠
Not too sure how I feel about this one, but a reader (who wants to remain anon) sent in the idea of some online drama. Not sure if it turned out exactly how they wanted it but hopefully it did! Let me know what you think.

Should she do the modeling?

Also, thanks for all the wonderful feedback! Keep it up and I'll try to start posting every other day again.