Status: I'm putting this story on a temporary hiatus

Living’s a Wicked Dream

Itchy Ears

Sami sighed softly as she stood waiting alone at the bus stop at the edge of the city limits of Downey, California. It was a shit hole town, she thought. It was definitely a town that had started going downhill since she moved there several years prior. Her opinion of the city had definitely come to fruition when her ’97 Honda had gotten stolen out of her parking spot at the apartment she lived at; which was the exact reason she was taking the city bus to her friend, Colleen’s place that was located in Anaheim.

The two of them plus there other friend Joanie were supposed to go see Avenged Sevenfold at a venue there, in Anaheim, called Chain Reaction. It was a small private viewing show that Colleen had managed to get tickets for since she worked as a sound technician for the local alternative rock and metal radio station, KROQ. Sami was beyond excited as she thought of the events that would happen later that evening as her pale black painted nails placed change into the coin machine at the entrance of the bus. The brunette was still fairly new to the local public bus system in California so she sat near the front of the bus, her blue eyes glued on the road ahead of the bus.

She still had to transfer to three other buses before getting to Colleen’s place. It was a bit of a hassle but it was better than trying to ride a bike to her friend’s. Sami had tried that once and it had failed horribly. She had almost gotten hit by several different cars at three different intersections.

Sami pulled the chord to request her stop as it the bus stop she need, a block away, coming into view. The bus stopped at the next stop the brunette needed soon after. Sami grabbing her messenger bag, slinging it across her shoulders before saying a quick thank you to the bus driver as she got off.

The next two bus transfers to Colleen’s house went fairly well she thought as her Doc Marten covered feet arrived at Colleen’s doorstep. Sami rang the doorbell, waiting patiently for her friend, unable to stop her small fit of laughter as she heard Colleen rushing to the front door. When Colleen finally managed to open her front door and spotted her best friend Sami, she tackling her into a hug causing them to land on the lush green grass of her front lawn.

“Sami, my lesbian lover,” Colleen exclaimed, causing Sami to blush at her friends odd, loud and hyperactive actions and words. Colleen couldn’t help but grin at Sami’s reacting because she loved making Sami blush at the awkward and loud things that managed to escape her mouth. Sami laughed, the blush on her face making her as bright red as a tomato as Colleen helped her up off the lawn.

“I see you had that Kool-Aid and sugar mix again,” Sami remarked, knowingly. Colleen always seemed to be on a sugar high or just hyperactive all together when Sami and their friend Joanie were around. Neither Sami nor Joanie seemed to mind it at all; they in fact enjoyed all the random things they did together while they hung out as a result of it.

“It’s called happy crack,” Colleen replied, “and yes it was beastly.”

“Giggles what am I going to do with you,” Sami grinned cheekily, reaching out and pinching her friend’s chubby cheeks before the brunette set down her messenger bag on her friend’s small bright purple couch.

“If you use one of my nicknames I prefer Chipmunk,” Colleen mumbled, rubbing her now tender cheeks. “You didn’t have to pinch so hard ya’ know.”

“Oi, no being a baby or I’ll flick your ear again,” Sami scoffed.

Colleen feigned a look of fear as she cupped her hands over her ears. They had recently been stretched so any type of flicking would just agitate her earlobe even more. “I just had them stretched to a size two yesterday,” Colleen pouted. “They’re itchy right now too,” she whined.

Sami rolled her eyes at her friend. She knew if Colleen would have waited her ear lobes wouldn’t be itchy at all. “That’s what you get for having Jesse doing them instead of Dana,” she scolded.

“Don’t make me whip my five dollar foot long out on you Scottish lady,” Colleen grumbled. One thing the red head hated was being reminded of how impatient she could be.

“Hey I don’t have my accent that much anymore,” Sami murmured.

“True but it was drool worthy,” Colleen teased. “I swear if Zacky had your accent I would have kidnapped and ravaged him already.”

“Okay then,” Sami spoke slowly as she attempted to stifle her laughter.

“Oh please,” Colleen scoffed. “As if you wouldn’t do the same if you met Johnny and he had an accent like yours.”

Sami rolled her eyes playfully as she bit back a grin. “No I would probably act like a normal person and say hello.”

“Where I would either do one of three things, faint, scream or go mute,” Colleen spoke knowingly.

“I still can’t get over how quiet you were when we got that autograph from Matt Nicholls,” Sami commented. She could remember that day almost as if it was yesterday. Sami, Colleen and Joanie were at Warped Tour in Pomona and they were at the Bring Me the Horizon booth getting autographs. Colleen’s two friends watched her as she stood in front of Matt Nicholls, absolutely shocked she was mute until after they walked away.

“Hey what can I say,” Colleen laughed. “If Joanie and you weren’t there I would have probably tackled him right there.” Colleen grinned from ear to ear as she did a pelvic thrust making it obvious she would have had sex with the drummer if she had been given the opportunity.

Sami shook her head, “You are so odd child.”

“Hey I’m older than you. Joanie isn’t so she’s only allowed to call me child.”

“She’s only a like two months older than you though,” Sami pointed out.

“Your point is?”

Sami smiled, “Nothing is going to bug you tonight is it?”

Colleen shook her head. “Nope. I finally get to see Avenged live after a billion years of nothing, but if anyone fucks with me there though I’ll fuck their shit up.”

Sami started laughing hysterically, “I love how you look like you’re twelve but you have such a potty mouth sometimes,” she spoke in between laughs.
♠ ♠ ♠
Edited May 28, 2014