The Teacher's Pet

The Teacher's Pet 010:

Chapter Ten
“Wooooow, you’re kids are definitely going to love that,” Amy said while stretching and pretending to yawn.

“Shut up! Come on, I need help! What am I going to do? I can’t keep their attention!” I whined as I stood in the living room and had Amy, Brooke and Ashley sitting on the couch and I was preparing my presentation.

“They’re what- a bunch of seven, eight year olds?” Brooke asked and I nodded my head, “And you’re having a hard time keeping their attention?”

“Yeah, every time I wanna teach something, they like totally interrupt me!” I sighed and then sat on the chair, “I’m seriously thinking about changing my grade, I thought that first graders would be a little easier, but they’re definitely not.”

“Why not try middle or high school?” Amy asked and I shrugged my shoulders.

“I hated high school, it’ll just be like teaching the first graders,” I said and then they started to laugh, “Come on! I’m being serious!” I yelled and they laughed harder.

“What? Emily? Serious?! No way!” I heard and then turned around to see that Tyler and Brad were walking into the condo.

“Honestly, how the hell do you guys get up here without being buzzed up?” I laughed and they smirked and shrugged their shoulders.

“It’s just our natural charm,” Tyler said as he walked over towards me and kissed my head, “So what’s going on?” he asked as I saw Brad sit in-between Brooke and Amy.

“Em’s trying to show us her presentation.”

“What presentation?” Brad asked and I sighed.

“I have to show a bunch of my professors tomorrow how I’ve been running my classroom, but I haven’t been getting a lot of work done with them, because those little monsters are always interrupting my class.”

“Well then I guess you’re not making it interesting enough for them,” he said and I groaned and shook my head.

“All she has to do is stand there and looked pretty,” Tyler said and I smirked and shook my head.

“Thanks Tyler, you’re a lot of help. Is that how you passed first grade?” I asked and everyone laughed.

“Naw, I just had to stand there and the teacher automatically passed me,” he smirked and I scoffed, “That’s how a graduated too.”

“That’s what I figured,” I smirked and he laughed and then looked at me seriously.

“HEY!!!”

“Not too bright are ya sweetie,” Ashley laughed as she stood up, walked over towards him and patted his leg, “Well, night guys, I have a lot of homework to do!”

“Night Ash!” I said and everyone else waved to her.

“So how was the game tonight?” Amy asked Brad and he smirked.

“We won, or course,” he laughed and I shook my head.

“Sorry, we’ve been doing this all night, I forgot to turn the game on,” I said while looking at Tyler.

“It’s cool, I understand, I didn’t really do anything today,” he said and I sighed and nodded my head, “What are you doing Saturday?”

“Um,” I had to think about it and then I got up and walked over towards the kitchen to look at the calendar on the fridge, “Nothing after three!”

“What’s before three?” Amy asked.

“Tosha’s coming up for something and we’re having lunch together!” I yelled and then heard Amy and Brooke groan.

“Hide the boys!” Brooke yelled and I smirked.

“She’s still my cousin!” I laughed as I walked back into the living room and Tyler pulled me onto his lap.

“Who’s Tosha?” Brad asked and I rolled my eyes and shook my head.

“The biggest puck bunny you’ll ever meet,” I scoffed and then rubbed my face, “She’s constantly calling Matt asking to come down, and then she’ll try to sleep with the whole team.”

“Wow,” Brad said and I saw the smirk on his face and glared towards him, “I mean that’s horrible.”

“Yeah, I’m sure you meant that,” Brooke said as she shook her head, “That girl’s trash.”

“Why’s she even coming up?” Amy asked and I shrugged my shoulders.

“She just called like two days ago, I don’t know why she would call, she doesn’t know about Tyler or anything,” I said and looked over towards Tyler to see he was looking at something behind the chair, “What are you looking at?”

“When did you get a cat?” he asked and I laughed.

“Random much,” Amy laughed and I shook my head.

“That’s Yingling,” I said and he laughed at the name, “That’s Ashley’s cat, we found him a few months ago.”

“Nice name,” Brad said and Tyler nodded his head.

“He’s a mean cat, so don’t try to pet him,” Brooke said as Tyler bent down to pet him and Yingling hissed at him.

“I’ll say,” Tyler muttered.

“He usually stays in Ashley’s room, I don’t know why he’s out here,” Amy said and I nodded my head.

“He only likes Ashley,” I said and bent down towards him, “Even though I’M the one who rescued your mean ass AND is usually stuck feeding you!” I yelled in his face and he tried to claw me, but I pulled away too fast, “HA! Too slow, ya little shit!”

“You’re horrible!” Brooke laughed as the other laughed and shook their heads.

“But anyways, what’s going on Saturday?” I asked as I remembered Tyler’s question.

“Oh, there’s some event going on and I was wondering if you’ll be my date?” he asked and I shrugged my shoulders.

“Why not, you’re kind of cute,” I said nonchalantly and he scoffed.

“Please I’m, as you said ‘like freaking Ryan Gosling’,” he mocked and everyone laughed.

“Did I say that?”

“Yes ma’am!”

“How are you like Ryan Gosling?” Amy asked and I smirked as Tyler stood up and lifted up his shirt, “HOLY SHIT!!! I wanna touch it!”

“Oh my god,” I laughed as Brooke and Amy stood up and started to touch Tyler’s six pack.

“He’s got that V thing too,” Amy squealed and I threw my head back and laughed, while clapping my hands.

“Thanks Tyler, you’re totally showing me up,” Brad pouted, only making me laugh harder.

“Damn Em, you definitely got the better end of this!” Brooke yelled and then smirked towards Brad.

“Hey now!” Brad yelled and Brooke stuck her tongue out towards him.

“You’re totally enjoying this aren’t you,” I laughed while looking towards Tyler and he smirked towards me, “Dork.”

"What’s going o- HOLY ABS!!!” Ashley yelled as she walked into the room and then ran over towards Tyler placing her hands on his abs.

“Cold hands!” Tyler winced and I was laughing so hard I could hardly breathe.

Once everyone calmed down, Tyler and I walked to my room and then I walked to my computer as he went to my bed. I started to look on my school website and see if I was still able to change grades.

“What are you doing?” Tyler asked as I heard him get up and walked behind me.

“I’m sick of those first graders, so I wanna see if I could change grades, maybe middle school.”

“Why not just change schools?” Tyler asked and I looked at him, “You said you like little kids, maybe not all first graders are like them.”

“That’s not a bad idea,” I said and he looked at me confused and shook his head.

“You act like I’ve never said anything smart before,” he laughed and I smirked.

“Maybe not never,” I laughed as I stood up and kissed his cheek.