The Teacher's Pet

The Teacher's Pet 020:

Chapter Twenty
-Emily-
“MATT STOP IT!!!” I yelled as I pushed him off of Tyler and threw him against the car, “Stop it!”

“Em don’t-“

“Knock it off! If you don’t stop they’re going to call the police!” I growled and then grabbed my purse off of the top of my car and grabbed my wallet, “Ty, will you go pay the bill before they think we’re ditching on them.”

“Yeah,” he said as he wiped his bloody lip and spit on the ground. He glared at my brother and then took my credit card.

“Thanks,” I muttered and then he started to walk back towards the pub. I looked towards my brother to see that his lip was bleeding from where Tyler had punched him, “Hope you got that out of your system,” I said while shaking my head, “You came here tonight to prove to me that Tyler was an asshole and that I shouldn’t trust him. The only thing you did tonight, Matt was prove that you’re an asshole and that I can’t trust my own brother.”

“Emily, no-“

“Just don’t, Matt. I’m done,” I said and then looked to see a car pulling in front of mine, “Your ride’s here.”

“What?” he asked and I saw the doors open and Tyler Kennedy, Amy, Brooke and Ashley walked out.

“You all right?” Ashley asked as she walked over towards me, “Where’s Tyler?”

“Paying the bill.”

“Oh,” she said and then looked at my brother, “What happened?”

“Ash, will you take my brother back to his hotel?” I asked and she nodded her head and placed her hand on his arm.

“Em-“

“Go away, Matt,” I growled on the verge of tears.

“Come on, Matt,” Ashley said and then walked him to her car.

“I’ll take Amy and Brooke with me,” I said and she nodded her head.

“I’m gunna go with Matt, is that all right?” T.K. asked Amy and she nodded her head, “I’ll call you later,” he said and then kissed her cheek and got into the back seat of Ashley’s car.

“Are you all right, Em?” Brooke asked as I leaned against the car and watched as Ashley drove off with my brother.

I wrapped and arm around my waist and started to breath heavily, because I was about to just let the tears come.

“Aw, Em,” Amy said as she walked up to me and warped her arms around me, “I’m sorry, sweetie.”

“I don’t get why he couldn’t just get that I like Tyler,” I muttered against Amy’s shoulder and she sighed.

“Emily,” I heard and saw Tyler standing there. Amy backed off and Tyler wrapped his arms around my neck and pulled my into his chest, “I’m sorry, I tried.”

“I know, I’m sorry he acted like that,” I said and heard Tyler sighed and kiss my head.

“Let’s get out of here,” Brooke said and I nodded my head and then pulled away from Tyler and wiped my eyes.

I grabbed my purse off of the top of the car and unlocked my doors. Brooke and Amy crawled into the backseat of my Camero and Tyler got into the passenger seat. I started the car and headed out of the parking lot. My arm was on the arm rest, as I drove with one hand on the wheel. I felt Tyler lace his fingers with mine and then he kissed my hand and gave me a sad smile.

I drove back to the condo and then dropped Brooke and Amy off and then headed towards Tyler’s building because Brad had apparently taken his car home after the game.

-Matt-
“Thanks Ashley,” I said as Emily’s friend had dropped T.K. and I in front of our hotel.

“Matt!” she called and I turned around to see her window was rolling down, “I don’t know what you did tonight, and I don’t really care, but you fix it! Emily really likes Tyler and from what I can tell, he likes her too! So you fix whatever you screwed up today!”

“But you-“

“Don’t care! Fix it!” she growled and then rolled her window up and drove off.

I sighed and then shook my head. I felt Tyler’s hand on my shoulder and we walked into the hotel and over towards the elevators.

“What happened?” Tyler asked as I hit our floor number and he saw my cut up knuckles.

“I punched him.”

“Why?”

I sighed and then rubbed my face, “I don’t trust him.”

“Dude, we’re not on the ice, that reason doesn’t give you the right to hit him! You can get arrested for that! You’re lucky Seguin’s not pressing charges!” Tyler said and I sighed and nodded my head.

“I know,” I muttered as the door opened and we walked out of the elevator to see that some of the guys were in the hallway laughed and throwing their hands around.

We turned the corner to see that the guys had pulled a prank on someone and took every piece of furniture out of their bedroom and placed it in the hallway, setting it up as if it were still in the bedroom.

“Please don’t be my room,” I muttered as I walked over towards the number slate to see that it wasn’t, “Thank god.”

“What the hell happened to you?” Cooke asked and I looked up and sighed.

“Nothing,” I muttered as I walked passed everyone, climbed over the bed that was blocking the hallway, and headed towards my room.

“You got into it with your sister’s boyfriend, didn’t you?” I heard and then looked to my side to see Sidney sticking his head out of the door.

“Leave it alone, Sid,” I breathed as I opened my door and walked in, closing the door behind me. As I walked over towards my bed, there was a knock on the door and I groaned and walked back towards it, opening it and see that my Captain was standing there, “I don’t want to talk about it.”

“Too bad,” he said as he walked in and I saw T.K. and Geno walking in behind him.

“What is this, an intervention?” I asked as they just let themselves in and then sat on my bed.

“What happened tonight?” Sidney asked as he looked at me intently, not planning on moving until he got his story.

“The kid is bad news! I can feel it and she’s not listening to me!” I growled and then sighed.

“Is it because he hockey player?” Geno asked and I looked at him, trying to put his words together because of his thick Russian accent, “Would you look at him differently if he was no hockey player?”

“Em’s never had good luck when it comes to relationships; I’m just trying to protect her.”

“She’s all grown up, Matty. Your sister can take care of herself,” Sidney said and I sighed and leaned against the dresser, “You even said that you were impressed with her! She moved out here, not knowing anyone, and made a life for herself. If she can do that, what makes you think that she can’t handle this?”

“She looked me right in the eyes three years ago and told me she was never going to date another hockey player again.”

“Things change,” Geno stated and I sighed, “What happen three years ago?”

“The Kings wanted to get back at me while I was a Star and Kyle Clifford decided that he was going to hurt me by hurting my sister,” I growled and my fists clenched, “I messed that kid up so much on the ice, I’m surprised he played in the next game.”

“I remember that fight,” T.K. said, “It was all over NHL, but no one knew what it was about.”

“I wanted to kill him,” I breathed and then glared at the ground, “My family isn’t really close to one another, Emily’s all I have really, and I don’t plan on losing her because of Seguin.”

“Then give the kid a chance and apologize,” Sidney said and I looked at my Captain, “You’re at fault here, I can see why your sister is angry. She’s a grown woman; you’re treating her like a child.”

“She’s my baby sister!” I yelled and threw my hands in the air, “You have a younger sister too! What would you do?!”

“I’d trust my sister to do the right thing and then call me if she needed help with anything!” Sidney barked back and I shut up and looked at the ground, “Matty, just call your sister and apologize, you’re the one who screwed up.”

“I don’t know if she’ll ever talk to me again,” I muttered as I rubbed my face and then sighed, “She was pretty pissed.”

“You practically had her in tears,” T.K. said and I nodded my head.

“Look, we leave tomorrow around noon, you have enough time to go to her and apologize,” Sidney said and I sighed, “If you want, we’ll come with you.”

“Gotta make sure your sister doesn’t try to kill you,” T.K. laughed and I shook my head.

“All right,” I said and then sighed, “How do we get over there?”

“Taxi.”

“Oh, this’ll be good.”