The Teacher's Pet

The Teacher's Pet 021:

Chapter Twenty One
"Matt? What are you doing here?" Emily's friend, Brooke, asked through the intercom as we tried to be buzzed up to the condo.

"I want to talk to Em," I said and she sighed.

"She doesn't want to talk."

"Please Brooke, I need to talk to her," I said and felt Sidney's hand on my shoulder.

"All right," she said and we heard the elevator coming down.

"Thanks," I said as I backed away from the intercom and we waited for the elevator door to open.

-Emily-
"Why is he here?" I asked as I heard Brooke talking to my brother on the intercom.

"Maybe he wants to apologize," Ashley said and I sighed.

I had just gotten home a few minutes ago after dropping Tyler off at his place. I didn't feel like spending the night, I just wanted to be by myself, or at least with my girls.

"Is Tyler with him?" Amy asked as she looked up from her Spanish book.

"I don't know," Brooke said as she walked over towards the door and cracked it open so that when Matt came up, he could just walk right in.

"I hope Tyler's with him," she muttered and I smirked.

"This is gunna get confusing," I laughed a little and she smirked and nodded her head.

The door opened and we all looked to see that not only did my brother show up, but he brought Geno, Tyler and Sidney with him.

"How'd you guys get here?" Ashley asked from her spot next to me.

"Taxi," Sidney said and I snorted.

"That must have been fun."

"Blast," Tyler said as he smiled when he saw Amy and hopped over towards her and sat down next to her on the couch.

"Hey guys," I gave a little wave towards Geno and Sidney and they smiled towards me.

"Can we talk, Em?" Matt asked as I looked at him and then sighed.

"Matt-"

"Please," he said and I nodded my head and then stood up from the couch.

"Come on," I said and then headed towards my room, hearing Matt following behind me, "What do you want, Matt?"

I walked into my room and sat on the bed, watching Matt walk in behind me and close the door. He looked at me as he leaned against my closet door and then sighed, "I'm sorry, Em. You were right, I was an asshole, and I'm sorry I acted the way I did."

"You hurt me, Matty," I said as wiped a tear from my eye, "You promised me you would never do that! We're supposed to stick up for each other, we're all we have."

"I know," he said and then walked over towards me and wrapped his arms around me, "I know, and I'm so sorry. I'm sorry I hurt you tonight."

"You hurt Tyler too, Matty. You need to apologize to him too," I said and Matt groaned, "Matt."

"All right, all right, where is he?"

"Home, you do it at your next game," I said and Matt sighed and nodded his head.

"I'm sorry I punched your boyfriend," he muttered and I rolled my eyes.

"No you're not."

"No, I'm not, I don't like him, Em!"

"Is that just because he's a Bruin?" I asked and I nodded his head, "Why?"

"I don't trust them! You even said that there's something about them!"

"I don't get that feeling with Tyler though! I don't get it with Brad or Dougie either, it's everyone else!" I growled as I threw my hands in the air, "Why can't you just trust me?!"

"I-"

"Don't say you do, because you obviously don't!"

Matt sighed and then rubbed his face, "I still don't like him, but I'll put up with him, for you."

"That's all I ask, Matty," I said and my brother kissed my head.

"So you really like Seguin?" Matt asked and I nodded my head.

"We met at the club, and I thought he was just another cocky prick that would go away after I told him no," I said and then looked at the ground and smiled, remembering that day, "Brooke actually brought Brad back to the condo that night, and then the next day, Tyler's here. He had searched for me, Matty. He would come over almost every day and watch me do my homework, pretend to be my student so that I could practice my teaching, he'd bring food-"

"Did he take you out?" Matt asked and I looked towards him and smiled.

"He rented a bowling alley for the night. Tyler cared enough to ask my friends about me so that he could plan a date. He'd been asking for weeks and I just kept turning him down, but, I don't know, I just changed my mind. He invited me to his place for Thanksgiving," I said and Matt sighed.

"I was gunna ask if you wanted to come down to Pittsburgh. Most of the guys aren't going home, and Sid's parents are coming down. She usually makes awesome food so..."

"Sorry, he got to me first, how 'bout Christmas?" I asked and he smiled and nodded his head, "Tyler too?"

"Em," he sighed and I tried to put my angel face on, "Fine."

"Thank you!" I squealed and then kissed his cheek, "Thank you Matt, you don't know how much this means to me!"

"You're my sister, I love you, and I'll try to keep you happy."

"Thanks Matty," I said and then hugged him, "It's late, I have school in the morning."

"Yeah, we have a flight around noon," he said and I sighed, "You need to visit Pittsburgh."

"I will, I'll come for Christmas, I don't get a lot of time off, I have to follow the school's schedule," I explained and he nodded his head, "I have like three weeks off for Christmas."

"Come down then," he said and I smiled and nodded my head, "Good."

We finished talking and I looked at the clock to see that it was after midnight, I had to be up at six so that I could get ready for school. Matt and I stood up and walked out of my room and down the hallway. I smirked when I saw that Amy's door was closed and she and Tyler weren't in the living room. We saw that Sidney and Geno were talking to Brooke and Ashley on the couch and laughing about something that Ashley had tried to say in Russian.

"You guys good?" Brooke asked and the others looked towards us.

"Yeah," Matt said as he wrapped his arm around my shoulder and I wrapped my arms around his chest, "You guys ready to head out?"

"No," Sidney said and the Geno smirked.

"No T.K."

"Right, he never got his time with Amy before," I laughed and then walked towards the couch, "Well, you boys are welcomed to stay the night and I'll drive you back to the hotel on my way to school in a few hours."

"All right," Sidney said and I yawned and stretched.

"Come on Kid, let's blow this popsicle stand," Ashley said as she stood up and grabbed Sidney's hand.

I looked at her confused as she and Sidney walked passed us and down the hall, "Yo Ash!" I called and she turned her head, "What happened to Ovechkin?" I laughed and she smirked and winked towards me, pulling Sidney into her room.

"They've brought her to the dark side," Brooke stated and we laughed.

"Did they have cookies?" I asked and Geno smirked and sat on the couch.

"No, they have Canadian asses!" she said and I laughed and shook my head towards her.

"You're crazy," I said as I walked into the hallway and into the one closet where we kept all of extra pillows and blankets. I grabbed some and walked into the living room and placed some on the couch, "Can you guys move the coffee table?"

"Sure," Geno said as he stood up and he and Matt moved it to behind the couch and I took the
cushions off of the couch and pulled it into the bed.

I set two pillows and a big blanket on the bed and then threw a big pillow and blanket onto the couch, "Geno, I think you should take the bed," I laughed, "You probably won't fit on the couch."

"All right," he laughed and I saw Matt collapse on the couch, "Thank you," Geno said as he hugged me and then laid on the bed.

"I'll wake you guys up around seven," I said as Brooke and I walked over towards the hallway and turned the light off, "Night guys."