The Teacher's Pet

The Teacher's Pet 023:

Chapter Twenty Three
"Marshall! Stop! Leave the cat alone!" I yelled as I chased after the dog that was running all over my condo.

"Leave Yingling alone ya damn dog!" Ashley yelled as the cat jumped into her arms and hissed at the dog.

"I'm sorry Ash, when I agreed to this, I forgot all about Yingling," I panted as I bent down and grabbed Marshall's collar.

"Just- Ugh! Em-"

"I'm so sorry, Ash," I said as Marshall was barking, "Come on boy."

I pulled Marshall into my room and then quickly closed the door and walked him over towards his cage. I sighed and then bent down in front of the door and scratched his neck, he brought his paw up to my arm and I groaned when I looked into his eyes.

"Don't look at me like that, you can't go after the cat," I said as I kissed his head and he tried to lick my face, "And if I leave you in here alone, you'll tear my room apart again."

Tyler was on a four day trip, he asked me if I could watch Marshall, part of a bonding thing, I like the dog, and naturally agreed. Never did I think that it would have been a remake of Marley and Me, this damn dog tried to eat everything, the couch, the chairs, the floor, everything! I came home the first night and found that Marshall had eaten my paper from class, thank god I had a back up on my computer, but when I went to get my laptop, I found that he chewed on it. I was relieved that I had everything saved onto my memory stick, because when I tried to turn my laptop on, it didn't. Needless to say, I was a little angry with this five month old chocolate lab, but he would just give me those puppy eyes, and I grew frustrated when I would cave.

"You're daddy is gunna get an ear full when he comes home in two days!" I smirked as I rubbed his neck and played with his ears.

There was a knock at my door and I turned around to see that Ashley was standing there, "I'm gunna leave Yingling in my room if you want to let him out, but make sure you watch him."

"It's fine Ash, I'll leave him in here."

"No, he likes to be in my room anyways, I'll just close the door, his litter box and stuff is in there, so he'll be fine."

"All right, but I think I'm gunna take him for a walk," I said and then groaned because I said the 'w' word out loud. Ashley laughed and I grabbed onto his collar as he started to go nuts, "Hey, hey, calm down."

"You said it," Ashley said and then walked away from my room and I grabbed his leash from on top of his cage and hooked it to his collar.

"All right, let's go," I said and then grabbed my phone and keys and headed out of my room, "I'll be back," I told Brooke and Amy, who were sitting on the couch and they nodded their head. I grabbed my winter jacket on the hanger and threw it on, buttoning up the jacket as we walked out of the condo, shutting the door behind us.

My phone went off as I walked to the elevator and I saw that I had a text from Tyler, [How are my 2 fav people]

[I'm gunna kill ur dog soon] I replied and then sighed and scratched Marshall's head and he looked up towards me and leaned into my leg.

[What did he do?] Tyler asked and I smirked.

[U'll see when u get back] I replied as the door opened and I walked out into the lobby.

[Uh oh] he replied and as I left the building and walked out onto the sidewalk.

[Yeah] I said as I put my hood up and started to walk the streets of Boston.

It was a cold November Wednesday night, there was snow on the ground and the wind was burning my face a little, but both Marshall and I were a little restless, so I thought a walk would have been best.

It didn't feel like long, because I was just letting Marshall walk me, being sure to pay attention to when we had to cross the street that he didn't get hit by a car, but my phone went off in my pocket and I pulled Marshall to a stop and pulled it out. I saw that it was almost nine at night, and I had been gone for almost an hour. Amy was texting me, telling me that a storm was coming and that I should probably head back.

"Time to head back boy," I said and Marshall looked up towards me and then growled, "What-"

I felt someone place a hand over my mouth and an arm around my waist. I tried to scream, but they held my arms down. I kicked for him to let go, but he had a grip on my. Marshall jumped up and tried to bite the guy but ended up biting my arm, I winced but wasn't mad at him, because he didn't mean it. I was pulled into the alley and thrown against the wall. My head hit the brick wall hard and I fell to the ground, gasping at the pain.

I tried to stand up, but the guy slammed his foot hard on my ankle and I heard it snap. I screamed out in pain and brought it back to my body and whimpered. I heard Marshall growling and snarling and then start to bark. I looked up to see that he had scared off the guy that attacked me and trotted back over towards me and whined, licking at my face.

"Good boy," I breathed as I wrapped my arm around his neck and pulled him close, "Good boy."

"Are you all right?!" I heard and looked up to see and older man with two little kids with him.

"This guy tried to attack me!" I yelled and grabbed Marshall's collar.

"I heard you scream, I'll call 911!" he said and then I watched as he daughters walked over towards me and placed their hands on Marshall.

"Are you hurt?" they asked and I tried to smile at their cuteness, because they must have been like six or seven years old, but then winced when a pain shot through my ankle.

"I'll be all right, why don't you stand with your daddy," I said and they nodded their heads.

I was gasping in pain, and my hands were shaking as I grabbed my phone in my pocket and texted for the girls to come to me. I had to look at the street corner and told them where I was at, I got an immediate response that they were on their way.

"I called the police, they're on their way, can you stand?" the man asked as he ran back over towards me.

"I think he broke my ankle, he slammed down on it and I heard it snap," I said and then man winced, but then nodded his head.

"You have a smart dog," he said and I smiled and kissed Marshall's muzzle, who just whined and tried to lick my face again, "Did he bite you?

"He tried to bite the guy at first, but accidently got mine, it's nothing," I said and the guy nodded his head and I cuddled close to Marshall because it was getting cold.

"Is everything all right, out here?" I heard and looked to see a man and woman turning into the alley, "We own the shop here and heard some commotion."

'...Oh so now you come out...' I thought as I looked over towards her and she saw me on the ground.

"She might have broken her ankle, a guy attacked her, I called the police," the guy said and the woman' eyes widened.

"Oh, bring her inside, it's too cold out here," she said and then motioned for us to come in.

"I'll help you up," the guys said and I nodded my head and he bent down and wrapped his arms around my chest, "Sorry."

"It's fine," I muttered because we were in an awkward position, "Normally I would ask for dinner first, but I'll make an exception this time."

He smirked and then wrapped his arm around my back and then placed it under my legs. He picked me up and started to walk into the shop. The woman got the couch ready and then guy set me down, '...And who said that chivalry was dead?...'

"EMILY!!!" I heard and looked at the door to see that Amy, Brooke and Ashley walked in.

Marshall laid on the ground, but then jumped up when he saw my friends.

"Oh my god, are you all right?" Ashley asked and I sighed and nodded my head, "What happened?"

"This creep pulled me into the alley and tried to attack me. Marshall jumped him and when I tried to get up, he slammed down on my ankle."

"Did you call the cops?" Brooke asked and I looked over towards the man who was standing with his daughters nodding his head.

"There they are," he said and then walked outside and started to talk with the two officers that walked out of the car.

"Marshall saved you?" Ashley asked and I nodded my head. She bent down and grabbed his face, "I take back all the bad things I've said about you."

I smirked and then winced again when another pain was shot through my ankle. The officers walked into the building and walked over towards me, took my statement and asked if I saw the man who attacked me.

"No, he grabbed me from behind and then slammed me against the brick wall. I hit my head and then fell to the ground, I never saw his face. I heard Marshall hear going after him, and when I tried to stand up, he slammed his foot down on my ankle."

An ambulance was called and I was taken to the hospital. Ashley came with me and Brooke and Amy were going to take Marshall back to the condo and then come to the hospital.

It turns out that my ankle was broken and I was going to need surgery. They were going to screw my ankle back together and I was going to be placed in a boot. The doctor told me that it was going to take about six to eight weeks to heal and that I was going to need to take it easy on the walking.

"At least it's your left ankle, you can still drive," Ashley said trying to lighten the mood and I sighed.

"This seriously sucks!"