The Teacher's Pet

The Teacher's Pet 024:

Chapter Twenty Four
-Tyler-
"You try calling her?" Brad asked and I shook my head, "Then call her, Brooke's not picking up either."

I sighed and then looked towards the building outside my car window. I had been texting Emily all afternoon and she wasn't responding. I called her and it went to voicemail. I had been home for a few hours from our four day away trip and I was here to pick Marshall up and she my girlfriend. I was a little nervous because I think Marshall got himself into some trouble.

"Screw it," I muttered and then got out of my parked car and walked into the building. i pulled the key that I was given out of my pocket and pressed for the elevator to come down.

Emily had found out that Brad and I were conning the little old lady two floors below her into letting us up because we kept forgetting our key and our roommates wouldn't let us up. She was horrified, but laughed it off and just gave us the spare key.

"Knock, knock," Brad said as I unlocked the door and opened it, "Anybody home?"

We walked into the condo and I looked around, "Eh, yeah, this looks like Marshall's mess," I said as I saw the bite marks in the furniture.

"Better get your check book out, Segs," Brad said and I sighed and shook my head, "Brooke?!"

"Emily?!" I called and then walked down the hallway towards the bedroom, "Marsh?!" I opened Emily's bedroom door and saw that Marshall was in his cage, "Hey buddy, did you miss me?!"

"Why's he in the cage?" Brad asked as I heard him walk into the room, "Huh, nice room."

"Shut up," I muttered as I opened the cage and was tackled by a happy Marshall, "Hey boy, I missed you too!"

"Uh oh," I heard and looked back towards Brad to see him holding up Emily's laptop, "I think I found something else he got to."

"Oh I bet she's pissed about that," I muttered and looked down at Marshall, "I see you were a bad boy while I was gone."

Brad's phone went off and I looked back to see that he was smirking, "It's Brooke," he said and then answered his phone, "Hey babe."

"Babe?" I smirked and he flipped me off.

"Wait, what?" he asked and I stood up and shut Emily's door, "Why are you at the hospital?"

"What?" I asked as I snapped my head back towards him.

"When?" he asked and then looked at me, "Emily's in the hospital."

I ran over and snatched the phone off of Brad and placed it to my ear, hearing Brooke talk, not knowing that I had the phone, "Where's Emily?"

"Tyler, she just got out of surgery," Brooke said and my eyes widened.

"What happened? Why did she need surgery? Why did no one call me?"

"Tyler, calm down, breathe! I'll explain!" Brooke said and I sat on the bed, "She was attacked on Wednesday-"

"Wednesday! Why did no one call me?!" I yelled annoyed at why I never got a call.

"Em didn't want you to worry, you had your games," Brooke said and I sighed and ran a hand through my hair.

"What happened?"

"She was walking Marshall and she was pulled into an alley, Marshall faught the guy off, but Em got her ankle broken," Brooke said and I looked at Marshall and scratched under his neck.

"Where are you at?"

"The General Hospital," Brooke said and I stood up.

"We'll be there soon," I said and Brooke sighed.

"Em's not awake yet."

"I still wanna be there."

"All right, we're on the tenth floor," she said and I walked over towards Emily's desk and grabbed a sticky note, "Room ten, twenty four."

"All right, we'll be there soon," I said and then threw the phone back to Brad who just looked at me, "Marshall, stay! Come on!"

"Where are we going?"

"Hospital!"

"What happened?" Brad asked as we ran out of the apartment and headed towards the elevator.

-Emily-
I was groggy but awake, Tyler smiled towards me and then kissed my hand when he saw that I was awake.

"Hey," I muttered, sounding half asleep.

"Hey, how are you feeling?" he asked and then rubbed my arm.

"Tired."

"That's the medicine, the doctor said that you'll be all right," Ashley said as she stood behind Tyler and looked down at me, "They caught the guy."

"They did?"

"Yeah, apparently Marshall still had the guy's scent on him or got a piece of his clothes- I don't know, but the officer called and said that the man was caught."

"Good," Tyler muttered as he stared at me, "Better they catch him than me."

"Did someone call your brother?" Brad asked and I shook my head.

"I didn't want to worry him either. I'm fine, a little shaken up, but fine," I breathed and Tyler stood up and sat on the bed next to me. I leaned into his chest and he kissed my head.

"When can you leave?" Tyler asked and I looked up at him.

"I'll probably be released tomorrow," I said and he nodded his head.

"I think you should call your brother," I said and she sighed.

"Really?" she whined and I smirked and nodded my head.

"I'm sorry about Marshall, I didn't think he would cause you any problems," he said and I shook my head.

"He's forgiven of all crimes right now," I smirked and Tyler laughed and kissed my head.

"I'll buy you a new laptop and furniture, whatever he ruined."

"The only thing he ruined was Em's laptop, the other stuff- Eh, whatever," Amy said and I laughed.

"He totally caused pain and suffering to Yingling!" Ashley whined and I scoffed.

"He caused pain and suffering to us, got what he deserved!" Brooke barked as Brad wrapped his arm around her shoulder.

"Now, now, calm down," Brad refereed and Tyler smirked and rubbed my shoulder.

"Call your brother," Tyler said as he handed me the hospital phone because my phone was probably dead.

"Come on guys, let's give her some space," Tyler said and then led everyone out of the room.

I stared at the phone and sighed. I dialed my brother's number and then placed the phone up to my ear, '...Gotta tell him sooner or later...'

"Hello?"

"Matt," I breathed and rubbed my face.

"Yeah," he answered and then paused to see if he recognized the voice, "Em?"

"Yeah."

"Oh, I didn't recognize the number," he said and I sighed, "What's wrong?" Matt asked and I heard noise in the background.

"You're busy," I said as I heard some cheering.

"Just at Flower's house, we're playing some NHL," he said and then chuckled, which made me smile.

"You live it, why would you play it?"

"Eh, guys and their video games," he laughed and I smirked, "So what's wrong? Why the new number?"

"I'm calling from the hospital," I said and there was silence from him on the other line. I could hear the guys in the background yelling at each other over the game they were playing, "Matty?"

"Why are you at a hospital?"

"I was attacked," I muttered.

"WHAT?!"