The Teacher's Pet

The Teacher's Pet 026:

Chapter Twenty Six
"Ow, ow, ow, ow, ow," every time I took a step, it hurt, this boot was suppose to cushion my foot, but it was doing far from that.

"You're suppose to stay off of your foot!" Matt barked and I sighed and sat on the couch.

"I was trying to make it to the couch," I yelled and then sat next to my brother and brother my foot up to his lap, "What are you doing here anyways?"

"Well excuse us if we wanted to check up on you," Matt said and I smirked and shook my head.

"Where are the guys anyways?" I asked as I looked around the room.

"Uh, Tyler and Amy are probably at the hotel," he said and I laughed, "I think Sid's in your friend's room."

"So much for being an Ovechkin fan."

"Marc and Veronique went into the city because Vero wanted to shop," he said and I nodded my head, "And then Geno and James are probably-"

"Right there," I said as I saw the two walking into the condo, "Hey guys."

"Hey cripple," James teased and I groaned.

"Shut up," I muttered and Matt sighed.

"I'll be back," Matt said as he moved my ankle and I hissed as he plopped it down on the couch, "Sorry."

"Whatever," I muttered and Matt disappeared down the hallway and Geno walked over towards me, picked up my feet and then sat down on the couch, placing my feet on his lap, "Thanks."

"Yup," he said and then grabbed the remote and flicked through the sports channels, looking at some old games.

"So Em, how's your boy doing?" James asked as he leaned over the couch and smirked towards me.
"Good, he's in Buffalo now."

"The game tonight?" Geno asked and I nodded my head, "We watch?"

"Yes, we watch," I smiled and he sighed, "I know, because you guys are so excited to see a Bruins game."

Matt walked back into the living room and then shook his head as he saw his two teammates, "I'm gone for like five minutes."

"Ah, quit your bitchin'," James teased and I laughed.

"Matty, can you go into my room and grab my laptop, I have to take a quiz for my psychology class," I said and he nodded his head and disappeared.

"How many classes do you take, Em?" James asked.

"Four classes, and then I student teach," I said and he nodded his head.

"I usually have a night class on Wednesdays, but my professor has been sick and just emailing us our assignments."

"Which class is that?"

"Psych," I answered and he nodded his head and Matt walked back into the room.

"When did you get this Em? This new?" Matt asked while looking at my laptop strangely.

"Tyler bought it for me because his dog destroyed my old one," I said and Matt sighed and handed me my laptop, "Thanks."

"Yeah," he grumbled and then sat on the chair next to me.

"Boy you're just full of sunshine and daisies when I talk about Tyler, aren't you?" I teased and he glared at me, "Yup."

"OW!" James yelled and it scared me and I almost dropped my laptop.

"What?" I looked at him scared because I didn't know what was going on.

"What the hell is wrong with your cat?!" he yelled and I looked over the couch to see that the cat had scratched at his leg.

"Just kick the damn thing, that's Ashley's cat, mean little son of a bitch he is," I muttered and then looked back at the laptop.

"I'm bleeding," he whined and I smirked.

"That's usually what happens when you're scratched by a cat's sharp claws," I said and he scoffed, "There's a first aid kit in the bathroom."

"Yeah, thanks," he said and I nodded my head.

-Tyler-
"Is Emily all right?" Brad asked as we started to change into our gear for our away game against Buffalo.

"Yeah, her brother's there watching her."

"I meant with her ankle," he said and I nodded my head.

"She's unusually calm about it," I said and Brad shrugged his shoulders.

"She's a tough girl, I'm sure she's just being strong for your sanity," he said and I sighed.

"What's wrong with your girl?" Milan asked as he overheard our conversation next to me.

"Uh, she was attacked by some guy while walking Marshall when we were away."

"Damn, that sucks, hope she's all right."

"Yeah, she's fine."

"She by herself?" he asked and I looked at him confused onto why Milan was asking this.

"Naw, her brother and some Pens came up to visit her," I said and he scoffed, "Dude come on."

"Be fun to mess with them," he smirked and I rolled my eyes, "Don't be such a pussy."

"I'm not! Why do you want to mess with my girlfriend's friends and brother?!"

"Because they're Penguins, Segs! Watch your mouth around me!" Milan growled as he stood up and glared at me.

"Knock it off you two," Chara said as he walked over and pulled Lucic and I apart because we were in each other's faces, "We have a game to play."

"You might not be the rookie anymore Segs, but-"

"Don't Looch, knock it off," Chara ordered and we glared at each other.

The team was looking at us, and when Coach walked into the locker room, he was confused and wanted to know what was going on.

"Nothing," Milan said as he stepped back and then threw his jersey on.

-Emily-
"Come on Tyler!" I cheered as I saw Tyler skating down the ice with the puck, heading straight for Ryan Miller.

Everyone was in the living room watching the game. Matt, Geno and I on the couch, my leg's still on Geno's lap, Tyler and Amy were on the one chair and Sidney and Ashley were on the other. Marc and Vero were on the loveseat and James and Brooke were sitting on the ground, Brooke in front of me and James by Vero and Marc.

"I can't believe I'm rooting for the Bruins," Sidney muttered and I laughed.

"Better than the Sabres," James said and I smirked.

"Hate Miller," Flower growled and Brooke laughed.

I looked back at the screen and saw that some of Tyler's teammates were protecting him, but then all of a sudden, Lucic moved out of the way and Tyler was slammed into the boards by Sabres' defenseman, Alexander Sulzer.

I gasped and then flinched because I moved my ankle.

"Whoa, whoa, whoa, that was messed up!" Tyler and James yelled and I looked at him.

"What?!"

"Lucic just set Ty up for a hit!" Ashley said as she sat at the end of Sidney's lap and stared at the TV, "That was so messed up, he did that on purpose, on his own teammate!"

'...Tyler...'

"That was a hard hit," Matt muttered as he was leaning forwards and leaned his chin on his fist, "Something's up."

"Why would he do that?" I asked and Geno shook his head, not knowing.

"Yeah, he's not gettin' up," Sidney said and I looked back towards the TV to see that the Bruins' medic was running over towards Tyler.

"There's Brad," Brooke muttered and I nodded my head seeing that Brad had jumped off of the bench and skated over towards Tyler, "Hope he's all right."

"You and me both, Brooke."