The Teacher's Pet

The Teacher's Pet 028:

Chapter Twenty Eight
“I can’t believe you just burnt the turkey!” I yelled completely shocked at what had happened, “I’m gone for twenty minutes! I ask you to do one thing!”

“I’m sorry!” he yelled and I groaned and walked into the kitchen, “I don’t even know what happened! It just burst into flames!”

I scoffed and then shook my head as I placed the grocery bags on the counter. I was trying not to laugh, this really annoyed me that it happened, but Tyler’s facial expression was too funny, and I couldn’t contain myself.

“And now you’re laughing at me!” he said as he placed the fire extinguisher down and threw his hands in the air, “Why are you laughing at me?”

“I’m sorry,” I laughed as I held out my arms for him to come over. Tyler wrapped his arms around my neck and kissed my head. I wrapped my arms around his waist and laid my head on his chest, “We’re just not meant to have a turkey. You’re just not meant to be in the kitchen,” I teased and Tyler scoffed and pulled away, “Oh Tyler, come on!” I laughed and he waved me off, and I could clearly see him pouting.

I shook my head and then walked over towards the over and turned it off. I looked at the burnt turkey and shook my head. It wasn’t a big turkey, only meant for just Tyler and me, but I just found it funny that this happened. I looked around the kitchen and saw that nothing was really started, or finished, other than the apple pie that I had made last night at my house and then hid it above the fridge at Tyler’s place. I sighed and then took the six pack of beer that I had just bought out of the bag and then grabbed the pie from above the fridge and took the plastic wrap and tin foil off and smiled at my pretty pie.

I grabbed the six pack in one hand, the pie in the other, and then grabbed two plates, forks and a knife. I walked into the living room and set the stuff up and turned the TV on to a football game. I looked around his condo and found him sitting outside looking at the view. I sighed and then walked up behind him and wrapped my arms around his waist, pressing my chest to his back.

“Come on, Tyler, dinner’s ready,” I said and laid my head on his back.

“How? I killed it?” he said and I giggled, “Will you quit laughing! It’s not funny,” Tyler said as he turned around and looked at me, “I wanted it to be perfect.”

I smiled and then reached up and pressed my lips onto his, “It is, we don’t need a turkey for it to be perfect, I have you, that’s all I need,” I smiled and then grabbed his hand and walked back towards the condo.

“What did you do?” he asked with a smirk on his face as we walked into the living room.

“The perfect Thanksgiving is you,” I pointed to Tyler, “Marshall,” I said and then looked around, “Where ever he might be,” I laughed, “Football,” I motioned for the TV, “And apple pie!” I cheered and Tyler looked towards the coffee table and smiled at the pie, “Dinner is served.”

“You’re the best,” Tyler said as he wrapped his arms around my waist and I smiled as he pressed his lips again mine, “I love you.”

“I love you too, now come on!” I laughed as I jumped over the couch and landed on the cushion, “Pie Time!”

“You’re a goof,” Tyler laughed as he sat down next to me and then pushed me back and took his phone out, “Memories,” he said as he took a picture of it and then pulled me onto his lap and turned his phone around. I kissed his cheek as he took the picture and then kissed his nose as he put the phone down. Tyler placed his hand under my chin and smiled, “Happy Turkey Day.”

-Tyler-
“So how was your date with Emily last night?” Brad asked as we walked into the locker room.
I laughed and told him and then saw Dougie coming over, “It was good, I took her to this little Italian place just outside the city and then we went to the pond and skated around for a while. I was surprised to find that she knew how to skate.”

“Dude, her brother is a Penguin, of course she’s gunna know how to skate,” Dougie said and I sighed and shook my head.

“Well, if I didn’t know any better, I’d say that you’re falling for the Pens sister.”

I smirked and walked over towards my locker and started to put my practice gear on.
It’s been two weeks since Thanksgiving and we had survived our first holiday together. Yesterday Emily had gotten her boot taken off and the doctor said that she was in good shape, so to celebrate; I wanted to take her out on a nice date. She doesn’t like fancy restaurants, but I managed to convince her to go to this place because it had really good food.

“What are you gunna get her for Christmas?” Dougie asked as he laced up his skates.

“Not sure yet,” I said as I bent down to lace my skates up.

“Well ya better hurry up, Christmas is coming up,” Brad said and I nodded my head, “What she getting you?”

“She took me Black Friday shopping with her,” I said and the two laughed, “Shut up, it was horrible! But we did get some pretty sick deals on a whole bunch of movies that I wanted.”

“So movies? She got you movies?” Brad asked and I smirked.

“Among other things,” I said and Brad smirked and nudged my shoulder, “You have no idea, do you?”

“Nope,” he said and I laughed.

"Man, you can be so dense,” I laughed and he sighed.

“Head out to the ice!” our Captain ordered and everyone shut their mouths and left the locker room.
Once everyone was out on the ice, our intense practice had begun and by the time it was over, I was so tired after that I didn’t bother to go anywhere other than home.

I collapsed onto my bed and felt Marshall jump up next to me, “Hey big guy, I’m going to bed, man the fort,” I smiled and just passed out cold right there.

I don’t know how long I was sleeping, I know it was for a long time, because when I came home, it was around one, it was light out, now, it was dark out. I looked at the clock and saw that it was almost eight at night and I was a little surprised that I slept that long. I yawned and then sat up and saw that Marshall was still next to me. I petted his head and then rubbed my eyes and rolled over onto back and stared at the ceiling.

It wasn’t long after that I heard my front door open and Brad’s voice filled the hallways. I yelled for him, telling him that I was in my room, and he burst through the doors and I saw the panic look on his face, along with Brooke and Amy.

“What happened?” I asked as I shot up and jumped out of bed.

“They did something,” Brad said and I looked at him confused.

-Emily-
“Em, are you sure that he’s here?” Ashley looked and I sighed.

“His text told me to meet him here, but I didn’t see his car,” I sighed and then looked back at my phone and texted Tyler, saying that I was lost in the halls, “You go that way and call me if you find him.”

“All right,” Ashley said and I shook my head and continued to walk forward.

‘…I’ve never been down here by myself before, and when I was here, I didn’t pay attention, so I have no clue where I’m going…’

I started to look at the doors and saw that they were all saying Bruins things, so I was guessing that I was heading in the right direction.

“Emily,” I heard and then turned around to see the giant Zdeno Chara standing there, “We were waiting for you.”

“What? We?” I asked and he smirked and held up a cell phone. My eyes widened as I realized that the phone that he had was Tyler’s, ‘…I’m in trouble…’

“You took longer than I thought,” he said and I glared at him.

“What’s going on? Where’s Tyler?”

“Not here,” he said and I backed up when he took a step forward.

“What do you want?”

“This is payback,” I heard and then turned around to see that Milan Lucic and Nathan Horton were leaning on the wall behind me, “Your brother screwed us last season by hurtin’ Horton here,” Milan said and my eyes widened, “And then his little sister messes with another teammates head.”

“What?” I asked confused.

“You’re not allowed to see Tyler anymore,” Zdeno said and I snapped my head back towards him.

“Who the hell are you to tell me who I can or can’t see?!”

“The one who set up the relationship,” he smirked and my eyes widened.

“No,” I said and he smirked and nodded his head.

“We were at the club the first night that Segs met you,” Milan said and I looked at him, “Segs might not have known who you were, but we did.”

“Our plan was to hurt your brother through you,” Zdeno said and my eyes widened and I leaned against the wall and held my head, “We’re the ones who pushed Tyler to talk to you!”

‘…It’s happening again!...’

“Never did we think that the two of you would actually come this far though,” Nathan said and I stared at the ground.

“Segs told us what that Kings guy did to you,” Milan said and I looked up towards him to see that he had a smirk on his face, “Guess Tyler did the same thing without even realizing it.”

“No.”

“Yes,” Zdeno said and I glared at him and grabbed my phone, “That’s not happening,” he said as he came up to me and grabbed my phone.

“Get off of me!” I yelled and snuck passed him and started to run down the hall, but it was more of a limp run because my ankle was still not use to the pressure too much.

“Grab her!” I heard and then looked forward to be met by a pair of strong arms around my waist and I was slammed into a hard chest.

“Let me go!” I yelled and then felt a hand go over my mouth.

I kicked and screamed for what felt like forever, but a cloth was put over my mouth and I didn’t mean to inhale, but I did, and I felt funny, until I saw nothing but darkness.