The Teacher's Pet

The Teacher's Pet 003:

Chapter Three
-Emily-
“Who are you looking for, Em?” Ashley asked and I looked back towards her and shook my head, “You’re looking for Tyler, aren’t you?!”

“Shut up, no I’m not!” I yelled and she laughed and shook her head.

“Yes you are! Admit it! You think he’s hot!”

“Of course I think he’s hot! But I’m not gunna do anything, I’ve seen what those hockey players do, I never want to get in any kind of situation with one!” I said and Ashley smirked and I glared, “Stop looking at me like that!”

“Whatever you say,” she laughed and I shook my head.

I watched as the Penguins danced on the floor with some girls or stood at the bar drinking some beers. Brooke and Amy were out on the floor dancing with some of the guys while Ashley stood by my side, or at least she did until I felt someone’s hands cover my eyes.

“Guess who?!” he sang in my ear and I smirked and shook my head.

“Boy, you don’t give up, do you?” I laughed and he moved his hands and moved in front of my leaning against the table.

“I’ve never been called a quitter,” he smirked and I laughed and shook my head, “So, you enjoy the game?”

“Sure,” I said and she shook his head.

“Come on, I know deep down inside you like the sport,” he laughed and I smirked, “So who’s your brother?”

“Why so interested?” I asked and he shrugged his shoulders.

“Well, you never told me your full name, so it’s a little hard for me to figure this out,” he said and I laughed.

“I never gave you that piece of information so that you could learn more about me,” I smirked and he leaned on the table more and I took a swig of my now empty beer.

“How ‘bout I buy you a beer,” he said and I leaned against the banister behind me.

“What are you doing, Seguin?!” I heard and turned to my side to see Matt walking over towards us looking mad.

“Relax man, I’m just having some fun,” he smirked and I sighed.

“You stay away from my sister, Seguin!” he growled and I saw Tyler’s eyes widened and he looked at me.

“Tyler, meet my brother,” I said and Tyler smirked and nodded his head, turning his head back to Matt.

“I see the resemblance now,” he laughed and I sighed and shook my head.

“Relax Matt, we’re just talking,” I said and Matt looked towards me, “Down boy.”

“Stay away from her, Seguin!” Matt growled.

“Problem here?” I heard and looked up to see some of the Bruins behind Tyler.

‘…Oh boy…’ I thought and then looked passed Matt to see that some of the Penguins were seeing this and were making their way over, “Matt, stop!” I said as I stood in front of him and blocked him from trying to start a fight.

“Hey, come on Matty, don’t start the fun without us!” Tyler Kennedy said as he walked over and stood next to Matt, most of the team now behind us.

“Guys, come on,” I said as I turned around and looked at Matt to see that he was glaring at the Bruins, “Matt, stop, please don’t.”

“Matt, come on, listen to your sister,” Sidney said as he placed his hand on Matt’s shoulder and started to pull him back.

I placed my hands on my brother’s chest and tried to push him back, not wanting him to get into any trouble.

“Come on Matty, save it for the ice,” Geno said as he placed his hand on Matt’s other shoulder.

“Fine,” Matt muttered and then turned around started to walk away.

I sighed and then rubbed my neck as I watched as some of the guys started to drag my brother out of the club before he caused a scene.

“Sorry,” I heard and saw Sidney next to me, “We’ll calm him down.”

“When do you guys leave?”

“Tomorrow afternoon,” he said and I nodded my head.

“Have him call me when he’s calmed down,” I said and Sidney placed his hand on my arm and nodded his head.

“Night.”

“Night,” I muttered and watched as he walked away.

I turned back around to see that Tyler was talking to some of his teammates and some of them were looking at me. I rolled my eyes and walked over towards my table and grabbed my clutch before I started to walk away. I texted the girls and told them that I was heading home and told Ashley that she would have to ride back with Brooke.

I was heading towards the exit before I felt someone’s hand on my arm and looked up to see Tyler, “What are you doing?”

“Why didn’t you say your brother was a Penguin?”

“You didn’t ask,” I said and got my arm out of his grip and turned back towards the door to leave, but he grabbed it again.

“I mean it, doesn’t matter, I was just-“

“Don’t start! I don’t know what you and your teammates are up to, but I don’t want to have anything to do with it,” I said and then got out of his grasp and headed towards the door.

“Emily wait!” he said and I turned around to feel his hand on my arm, “Nothing’s going on, I was just telling them who you were.”

“Don’t lie to me, Tyler, I’m not stupid, you’re not the first hockey team that I met that hated my brother’s team,” I said and then shook my head, “I don’t like to be played, so just stay away.”

I turned around and saw my car coming up. I quickly got into my car and drove off, heading home. It was just after midnight, and I wanted to get some sleep because tomorrow was going to be spent working on some homework. But as I sat in my room, I found myself not being able to sleep, so I decided to sit on my bed and type the rest of my paper.

Maybe after an hour or so after getting home, I heard the door opened and walked out of my room to see Brooke and Ashley walking in.

“Hey! We were trying to find you, we just got the texts right before we decided to leave,” Ashley said and I nodded my head, “You all right?”

“Matt started an argument with Tyler, a fight almost happened and I really don’t want to have anything to do with hockey players,” I said and Ashley sighed and walked over towards me and hugged me.

“I’m sorry sweetie,” she said and I nodded my head and then felt another set of arms around me.

“Where’s Amy?”

“Went back to the hotel with Tyler I think,” Brooke answered and I was taken back a little.

“Wait what? Amy and Kennedy?” I asked and Brooke laughed and nodded her head, “My god, the two of ya! Puck bunnies!” I yelled and Ashley and Brooke laughed.

“You ever finished your homework, Em?” Ashley asked and I groaned.

“I finished the paper that’s due Monday, but I have to present a project to my Education Professor on Wednesday, and it needs to be fifteen minutes long, I need to finish that,” I said and then sighed.

“We’ll help you, but first, I need sleep,” Ashley said and I smirked and nodded my head.

“Yeah, I wanted to wait for you guys to get home before I fell asleep,” I said and Ashley nodded her head and then the three of us walked down the hallway and walked into each of our rooms.

As I laid on my bed, I heard my phone going off and saw that it was Matt texting me, [U ok?]

[Yes, u?]

[Ok, Em, plz stay away from players]

[I know, I remember what happened last time] I replied and then side and turned to lay on my stomach.

My phone buzzed, [I luv u, lil sis]

[Luv u too, big bro]

[Get some sleep]

[Night] I replied and then threw my phone onto my nightstand and then threw my hands under my pillow and closed my eyes, falling asleep and planning what I was going to be doing tomorrow.