The Teacher's Pet

The Teacher's Pet 031:

Chapter Thirty One
-Emily-
“Where’s my car?” I asked as I sat up in the hospital bed and looked at my brother, “Is my car all right?”

“I’m sorry Em, your car was totaled,” Matt said and I sighed and clenched my fists against the sheets, feeling the cloth bundle up in my hands, “Em,” I looked at my brother, “What happened?”

“It happened again,” I said and then brought my knees up to my chest and wrapped my arms around my knees, “It happened-“

“It’s all right, Emily,” Matt said and then I felt him wrap his arms around me, “It’s all right, I’ll make them pay.”

“No!”

“What?” I heard and looked up to see that Matt was shocked, along with Ashley who stood in the corner of the room.

“Please just- just don’t,” I muttered and then shook my head and placed my hand on top of my cast, “Just don’t.”

“But why, Em? You’re just gunna let them get away with what they did?!” Matt growled and I turned my head away from him and bit back the tears, “Do you not want me to hurt Seguin?!”

“Matt! Just leave it alone!”

“They kidnapped you, Emily! You got into a car accident because of them!” Matt yelled and I heard his chair drag across the floor and I knew he was standing, “How can you sit here and tell me that I can’t hurt them?!”

“I’m tired,” I muttered and then looked at my brother who was standing there shocked, “I’m tired of being used.”

“Em,” Matt said and shook his head.

“I’m going home,” I said as I threw the covers up and grabbed some clothes that Ashley had brought with her, “Ash, can you get me the nurse? I’m going to sign myself out.”

“Sure,” she said and then walked out of the room, leaving Matt and I alone.

“Emily-“

“Matt, you’re my brother and I love you,” I said as I started to change into my clothes, being careful not to bang my arm. Even though it was in a cast, it still hurt, “But I’m not dealing with this anymore. This is twice that I was used because of you pissing someone off on the ice.”

“You’re putting this on me?!” he asked a little angry and I shook my head and threw my shoes on.

“All I’m saying,” I walked up to him and placed my hand on his arm, “You can say I told you so. I’m finished with everything; I’m tired of all of it.”

“You can’t be serious?!” Matt said as I started to walk towards the door, “Emily! Have you lost your mind?!”

“No Matty,” I turned my head to look at him, “For the first time in a long time, I’m thinking clearly.”

“Emily, we’re the last ones! I can’t lose you too!” he yelled and I sighed and started to walk down the hallway of the hospital.

I found the nurse and checked myself out and then had Ashley drive me back to the condo. It was almost the end of the semester, I had finals next week, I had classes to study for and presentations to get ready for the student teaching. Next week was not only the last of my classes, but the last of my student teaching, at least until the next semester.

However, I was done with everything here; I was going to finish my junior year at Boston and then transfer to a new school in the fall. I had thought everything through on the way home, I was going to leave all of the drama behind, the only reason I was staying for the Spring semester was because I already paid for it, but my Senior year was going to be spent at some other college, I just didn’t know where yet.

-Matt-
“Matt, just let her be,” Ashley said from over the intercom.

“Please Ash, let me talk to my sister,” I said and then heard her sigh. I was standing in front of the elevators on the first floor, trying to buzz myself up to talk to my sister, “We’ve lost most of our family, I can’t lose my sister as well.”

“Matt, she won’t even talk to us, she’s locked herself in her room,” Ashley said and I sighed.

“Matt?” I heard and then turned around and saw Tyler behind me, “What’s going on? I went to the hospital but the nurse said that she checked herself out.”

“She came home and locked herself in her room,” I said and Tyler sighed, “She doesn’t even want to talk to me because of your damn team,” I growled and he rubbed his face.

“Move,” he muttered and I glared at him.

“What did you say?!”

“I said ‘move’,” he said and then walked forward and then pushed me out of the way, pulling a key out of his pocket and sticking into the wall, calling the elevator down.

“A key?”

“Em gave it to me a while ago,” he said and I sighed and nodded my head when the door opened and the two of us walked in.

We got off on her floor and walked over towards the room. He stuck the key in the door and then moved out of the way so that I could walk in first.

“Matt? How did you- Tyler?” Ashley said as she and Brooke stood up from the couch in the living room, “I told you, she’s not even talking to us!”

“She’s looking at new colleges,” Amy said as she walked into the living room, “You’ve chased her off, she’s leaving us.”

“What? Where will she go?!” Tyler asked and Amy shook her head and shrugged her shoulders.

I watched as Tyler walked down the hallway and knocked on Emily’s door, he stood there for a little bit and then knocked on the door again.

“She’s not going to answer,” Brooke said and I sighed.

-Tyler-
“Emily please, open the door,” I said as I sat on the floor and tried to talk to her through the door, but she wasn’t answering me, “Emily!”

I could hear her moving around in the room, and I could hear her typing on the computer, but she wasn’t answering me. I was sitting outside of her room for almost an hour. Matt was sitting in the living room talking to some of his teammates, and I just shook my head and leaned against the wall. Yingling walked down the hallway towards Ashley’s room and stopped in front of me.

“What are you looking at?” I growled and Yingling hissed at me. I felt like a fool, but I hissed back at the cat and made it look like I was going to kick him. The cat ran into Ashley’s room and I sighed, “Stupid cat.”

-Emily-
I was getting hungry, I looked at the clock and saw that it was almost ten at night; I had been home for almost eight hours. Tyler had stopped trying to talk to me over an hour ago, so I just figured that he went home.

When I opened my bedroom door, he wasn’t there, I sighed and then walked down the hallway, ‘…I don’t know why I was expecting him to be there. Why was I going to be happy to see him still sitting there?...’

I walked into the living room and saw Ashley and Brooke in the living room, they had a laptop on their lap and a book against their chest, they were studying for the finals. I looked onto the other couch and saw that Matt was sleeping. I sighed and then walked into the kitchen and walked over towards the fridge to grab a bottle of water and an apple.

“Em,” I heard and looked up to see that Ashley was standing in the hallway.

“Please Ash, I can’t do this, just let me finish studying for my finals and we’ll talk, I’m too far behind and I’ll probably fail.”

“All right,” she said and then moved out of the way, she knew how much my education meant to me and would never want to mess that up.

I walked into my room and closed the door. As I placed the water and apple on the desk, I gasped when I felt arms wrap around my waist, “Will you hear me out, Em?”

I sighed and then looked at the ground, “Tyler, I thought you went home.”

“I would never leave you,” he said and I turned around in his arms and looked at him, “Emily I love you.”

I shook my head and tried to push him away from me, but he wasn’t budging, “Let me go Tyler. You’ve done enough, please, let me go.”

“The only thing I did was not protect you better! I never thought my team would go this far, Em. Please, don’t push me away for something I didn’t do, something I never wanted to happen to you.”

“You promised you wouldn’t hurt me, Tyler,” I cried as I pounded on his chest with my good arm, “You lied to me.”

“Emily, I’m sorry,” Tyler said and then felt his hand on my neck, “Please look at me.”

“Just go away, Tyler. Take my brother and go away,” I muttered and then felt Tyler pushing my face up to look at him.

“I’m not leaving you Emily,” he said and then bent his face down, bringing his lips inches from mine, “You might hate me right now, but I’m still in love with you and I know that you at least feel something for me, or you wouldn’t have let me get this far.”

“Tyler-“ I started and he pressed his lips onto mine, and I felt his hand wrap around my back, ‘…Damn him…’