The Teacher's Pet

The Teacher's Pet 032:

Chapter Thirty Two
“Emily please take it.”

“No, I can’t take it, Tyler! Return it.”

“Nope,” he said and then placed his hands on my arms, “It’s yours.”

“Tyler, you can’t buy back my trust,” I said and he shook his head.

“This has nothing to do about your trust,” he said and then motioned me to his present, a brand new Chevy Camaro, “It’s my fault that you crashed and totaled your last one, Emily. You need a way to get around, this is your way.”

“Tyler,” I breathed and walked over towards the car. It was a red Camaro that had a thick black stripe down the center of the hood. I walked closer to the car and saw that it was a convertible; I shook my head and then ran my hand up hood of the car, “A 2013 Chevy Camaro ZL1,” I said in awe, “Tyler, this is a fifty five thousand dollar car.”

“And she’s yours.”

“I can’t.”

“Nonrefundable.”

“Tyler,” I said and he walked over towards the driver’s door and opened it for me. I shook my head and walked over towards the door and walked into the car.

“You know you want it, Emily. Even if you didn’t forgive me, I would have bought it for you,” Tyler said and he placed his hand on my neck and pressed his lips onto mine, “Take your new car for a spin.”

“Tyler, this is- this is too much, way too much,” I said and he sighed.

“Em,” he sighed and ran his hand through my hair and kissed my forehead, “Just take it. You know you want it.”

“It is a beautiful car,” I said as I looked inside the car to see that it was black leather interior, “Damn,” I got into the driver’s seat and Tyler handed me the keys. I smiled and turned the car on, hearing the engine purr to life, “Oh my god,” I breathed and then pushed the button that put the top down, “Too bad it’s winter.”

“So you like it?” Tyler asked as he leaned over the driver’s door.

“I love it Tyler,” I smiled and then stood up and pressed my lips against his.

-Tyler-
“So how did you do on your finals?” I asked as I sat on Emily’s bed and saw that she was looking at her grades online.

“An ‘A’ and three ‘Bs’,” she said and I smiled and walked over towards her and kissed her cheek.

“Good for you! You’re so smart!” I said and she smiled and turned her head, pressing her lips onto mine.

“Christmas is coming up,” I said and she nodded her head, “Do you want to go home with me?”

“I have to see if my passport is still good,” she said and I smiled and nodded my head. Emily stood up and walked over towards her closet, pulling a box down and then walking over towards her bed, “I can’t wait to take this damn cast off,” Emily said and I sighed and placed my hand on the cast.

“Only a few more weeks,” I said and she sighed and shook her head, opening the box and digging through the box, “What’s this?”

“What?” she asked as I picked up some of the pictures that I saw, “Oh, those are my parents.”

“I’ve never heard you talk about them.”

“My parents and I don’t really talk, Matt and I don’t really talk to any of our family,” she said and I looked to see that she looked sad.

“I’m sorry,” I said and she shook her head.

“It happened a long time ago, it’s over with- Here it is,” she said and then pulled out her passport, “Damn.”

“What?” I asked and she handed the passport to me.

“It expired,” she said and I sighed.

“Oh,” I said and then threw the passport onto the bed, “Yeah, your new one will never be here in time.”

“What do you want to do?” she asked and I looked at her.

“When was the last time you talked to your brother?”

“Since he left,” she said and I sighed.

“You should talk to him, Em,” I said and she sighed and nodded her head, “We should go to Pittsburgh for Christmas.”

“You sure?” Emily asked and I nodded my head.

“We’ll drive down?” I asked and she smiled and nodded her head.

“I do miss him,” she muttered and I rubbed her arm, “I feel bad for yelling at him when he just wanted to help me.”

“I think he’ll be happy to see you.”

-Matt-
It was the day before Christmas Eve, I haven’t heard from Emily in almost two weeks, I missed my sister and I wasn’t sure if she was going to come down for Christmas like she said she would.

I was sitting in my living room watching TV when I thought I heard someone pulling up in my driveway, but I ignored it. If it was one of the guys, they were just going to let themselves in. I was surprised though when the doorbell rang. I looked at the clock on the wall to see that it was after eight at night.

“Who could that be?” I asked as I looked at my blue tick hound, Blue. I got up and walked over towards the door and opened it, surprised to see my little sister on the other side, “Emily?”

“Merry Christmas, Matty,” she said and I grabbed her and wrapped my arms around her, happy to see her, “I’m sorry Matt, I didn’t mean to be a bitch to you.”

“I love you Emily,” I said and felt her arms around my waist.

“I love you too Matty.”

“Here’ a Christmas we can all be happy about,” I heard and looked up to see that Tyler Seguin was in my driveway leaning against a red Chevy Camaro.

I kissed my sister’s forehead and then walked over towards Seguin, “You brought my sister here?” he nodded his head, “Thank you.”

“Any to make her happy,” he said and I held out my hand and smiled as he shook it. I hugged him and then looked at the car behind him, “New car?”

“For Emily,” he said and I looked at him and then over towards Emily, “I felt bad, it was mine and my teammates’ fault that she crashed her other one.”

I nodded my head and then saw another car pull up behind Emily’s car, “Who’s that?”

“Probably Ashley and Amy,” Emily said as she walked over towards us and held my arm, “They wanted to see Sidney and Tyler.”

“I think Sid leaves tomorrow,” I said and she nodded her head.

I invited everyone into my house and smiled when Emily walked over towards Blue and scratched her head, “I’ve missed you girl.”

“I only have two other bedrooms,” I said and Emily nodded her head.

“I have a feeling those two won’t be here a lot anyways,” Emily said and I smirked and saw that Tyler was bringing in the bags.

“Let me text Sid and Ty,” I said and then grabbed my phone. I told them to come over, but didn’t tell them why, I thought they deserved a nice surprise.

I showed my sister and Seguin their room and then showed Amy and Ashley where they would be staying when they were going to be here.

“Thanks Matty,” Emily said as I placed her bag on the bed, “It’s good to see you.”

“I’ve missed you Em,” I said and kissed my sister’s cheek, “It’s good to be with family.”

She smiled and wrapped her arms around my neck and I held her close, “I love you Matt.”

“I love you too,” I said and then pulled away when Tyler came into the room, “You take care of my sister, you hear me?!”

“I will,” he said and walked over towards Emily and placed his arm around her neck and kissed her forehead.

Sidney and Tyler showed up at different times and were both pleasantly surprised to see that Amy and Ashley were here. Tyler had grabbed Amy’s arm and they had left, probably back to his house, but Sidney sat on the couch with Ashley on his lap, and they held a conversation with each other.

This was going to be a good Christmas after all.