The Teacher's Pet

The Teacher's Pet 038:

Chapter Thirty Eight
“Ok, I think you’ve had enough,” I said as I took the drink out of Emily’s hand.

“Fat chance, Seguin, I deserve all of these drinks,” Emily slurred as she took the red solo cup out of my hands and drank the last of the containments.

“What did you even drink?”

“Some of the Gin bucket,” she said and I smirked and shook my head.

It was the second night on our little vacation in Tennessee and Emily and I were getting drunk, well, I was drunk, she was bombed. I’ve never seen her this way before, it was pretty funny.

Brad and Brooke went out on the town, we planned on doing that too, but Emily’s parents had apparently called her, or tried to call her, I didn’t even know that they had her number, and she got depressed. What better thing to do when you’re depressed, drink alcohol.

We sat on the couch, it was dark out, and from what I could tell from the clock on the wall, it was just before ten. We heard a noise outside on the porch and looked to see what it was.

“It’s a bear!” Emily panicked and I shook my head and grabbed her because she wanted to run outside.

“First off, it’s not a bear, and second off, if it was, you don’t run outside, ‘towards’ the bear.”

“Oh, wait what?” she asked and I rolled my eyes and sat her on the couch.

“Stay!”

“Yes sir!” she said and then laid back on the couch.

“Wow, you- just wow,” I laughed and then turned the porch lights on and looked down to see that there were raccoons on the porch, “Hold shit, these little buggers come right up to the door.”

“What?” Emily asked as she sat up.

“Come look,” I said and she stood up and stumbled over towards me, “Don’t hurt yourself.”

“I’m fine,” she said and then leaned against me, “Oh, look at the little doggies, let them in Tyler!”

“No, those aren’t dogs, Em,” I said and grabbed her hand because she wanted to open the door, “Em, you’re the smartest person I know, and you’re freakin’ calling raccoons’ dogs.”

“Raccoons? Where? Save the little doggies!” she yelled and I grabbed her and threw her over my shoulder, “No! Tyler! The doggies!”

“They’re not dogs!” I said and threw her onto the couch, “Stay!”

I grabbed my phone from my back pocket and text Brad telling him to be careful when he and Brooke came back because there were raccoons outside, and that Emily was drunk. Not even five seconds after it was sent, Brad was calling me, “Hello?”

“Emily’s drunk?” I heard Brooke’s voice over the line.

“Yeah, it’s pretty funny to- No Em, they’re not dogs! Don’t let them in!” I said, moving the phone from my ear and grabbing Emily because she tried to open the door again. I sighed and then brought her to the kitchen, “I’m cutting you off, get a water!” she whined and I placed the phone back up to my ear, “Where are you guys?”

“About ten minutes away- but hey, don’t let her drink too much-“

“Yeah, a little late there,” I said and scoffed when she was staring at the fridge looking for the water bottle when they were right in front of her.

“She can get a little-“

“Airheaded?”

“That’s a nice way of putting it,” Brooke said and I scoffed, “No more alcohol, at least not until we get there.”

“No, no more for tonight,” I said and then grabbed a water bottle and handed it to Emily.

“All right, well, we’ll see you soon,” she said.

“All right, bye,” I said and then hung up by phone, “Drink the water babe.”

-Emily-
“How the hell are you not hung over?!” Brad asked as I walked into the kitchen and saw him eating breakfast. I shrugged my shoulders and sat down next to him, “Damn, you were totally wasted to! I thought for sure you were gunna be a vampire this morning!”

“I’ve never really been hung over before,” I said and he scoffed, “No, I’m serious!”

“That’s not fair,” he said and I laughed and saw Brooke walking out of her bedroom.

Brooke stopped and looked at me, “So not fair,” she muttered as she walked over towards the cabinet and grabbed a cup and then filled it with coffee, “So I’m guessing you just found out that Emily doesn’t get hangovers?”

“How’s that possible?” Brad asked and Brooke shrugged her shoulders.

“I don’t know, she’s the high school valedictorian, not me,” Brooke said as she pointed towards me and Brad looked at me surprised.

“No shit,” he said and shook his head, “So how’d you end up with Segs again?”

“Hey now!” I heard Tyler say as he walked inside the cabin and shoved Brad’s shoulder, “Hey babe, how you feelin’?”

“Pretty good,” I smiled and he looked at me confused.

“How?” Tyler asked and I laughed when Brad slapped his shoulder.

“This is what I’m saying! Did I not say this morning that your girl was going to have a massive hangover from how much she drank last night?”

“Yeah,” Tyler said as he looked at me closely, “Really? Not even a little bit of a headache? Sickly feelings? Hell, she doesn’t even have bloodshot eyes!”

I shrugged my shoulders, “My brother and I have never had hangover symptoms.”

“That’s totally not fair,” Tyler said and I laughed and looked at the two boys to see them shaking their heads, “There must be something wrong with you.”

“Hey now!” I laughed and he smirked and pressed his lips against mine.

“Please! I’m eating here!” Brad yelled and I laughed and shook my head.

“So what’s on the agenda for today?” Brooke asked.

“Well, we can go hiking,” Tyler said as he placed a whole bunch of brochures in front of us, “Go see some shows, horseback riding, go to this Dollywood? It’s up to you.”

“I’d like to go to this Dollywood, it looks interesting,” I said and then looked at Brooke.

“Eh, I guess,” Brooke said and I laughed.

“We don’t have to, we can go hiking,” I said and Brooke nodded her head.

“Horseback riding?” Brooke said and I smiled and looked at Tyler.

“You wanna go horseback riding?” he asked and then looked at Brad.

“All right,” Brad sighed and I smirked.

“Says that it’s a tour of the Smokey Mountains,” Tyler read, “Each tour is four hours- Four hours on a horse, oh my god, my ass is gunna be killing me!”

“I have to sit on a smelly animal for four hours in the middle of winter?” Brad said and I laughed.

“Yes.”

“Perfect.”

Brooke and I laughed and then said that we were going to change and get ready to head out because the first tour was in two hours. I changed into black skinny jeans being sure to wear my long johns underneath. I wore put my hiking boots on and then put a blue button up shirt on. I threw my hair in a messy ponytail and then heard Tyler walk up the stairs and into the room.

Image

“How warm is it outside?”

“We’ll be in the mountains, take your coat,” Tyler said and I nodded my head and grabbed my new Northface winter coat.

“You sure you want to do this?” I asked and Tyler walked over towards me and wrapped his arms around my waist.

“I want to do whatever you want to do,” he said and then pressed his lips onto mine, “Unless it’s letting the ‘little doggies’ in the cabin, then that’s a hell no.”

“What?” I asked confused.

“You don’t remember?” he asked, laughing a little.

“It’s a little fuzzy, I usually don’t drink that much.”

“There were raccoons at the door and you were trying let them into the house because you thought they were little doggies,” he teased and I groaned and laid my head against his shoulder, “Yeah, it was an eventful night.”

“I’m sure it was.”