The Teacher's Pet

The Teacher's Pet 039:

Chapter Thirty Nine
“I’m freezing!” Brooke whined as we finished the four hour horseback riding tour.

“Yeah, me too! Let’s get out of here!” Brad said and Tyler and I laced our fingers and the four of us headed back to the car.

“We should get something to eat, I’m starving,” I said and everyone nodded their heads.

“We can do steaks on the grill,” Brooke said and looked at Brad, “Remember we bought steaks?”

“Yeah sure,” he said and I smirked, “I’m not a master griller, but I think I can do some steaks.”

“All right,” I laughed as we got back into the car, “God, turn that heat on!”

“Yes please!”

We got back to the cabin after a forty five minute drive to see that it was about two in the afternoon. We walked into the cabin and got started on lunch, the guys working on the steaks, Brooke working on a salad, and I was making some mashed potatoes.

Within a half hour, lunch was finished and we were sitting at the dining room table getting everything plated.

“Drinks anyone?” Tyler asked while he was over by the fridge.

“Miller!” Brad called.

“Water!” Brooke and I said and then smiled at each other.

“All right,” Tyler said and I watched as he walked over with two beers and waters. He passed them out and then sat down next us. We heard a car door outside and Brad and Tyler looked at their watches, “You think it’s him?”

“Who?” I asked.

“We invited Dougie and his girlfriend, Danielle,” Tyler said and I smiled.

“I wish I knew that, I would have made more food,” I said.

“He’s early,” Brad said and I nodded my head.

“Where’s he gunna sleep?” I asked.

“The other bedroom,” Brooke said and I looked at her strangely, “You see that door next to our room?”

“Yeah.”

“If you open it, there are stairs, there’s two other bedrooms downstairs plus the laundry room,” she said and I shrugged my shoulders.

“I didn’t know that, I didn’t bother to explore the place,” I laughed.

“I’ll go see,” Tyler said as he stood up and walked outside.

I heard Tyler laughing and then heard him talking to someone, “Guess they’re here.”

“Yeah, he’s early,” Brad said.

“So how old is Dougie?” I asked.

“I think he’s nineteen, his girlfriend too, but they’re pretty cool,” he said and I nodded my head.

“You’re just a little kid at heart,” I teased and Brad stuck his tongue at me and smirked.

“Here ya are,” Tyler said as he walked in and then moved out of the way and I smiled towards Dougie when he and his girlfriend walked in.

“Ginger!” Brooke yelled happily and we all laughed.

“Hi guys, I don’t know if you remember my girlfriend, Danielle?” he asked and I nodded my head and waved towards her.

“You room’s downstairs, man, we thought you would be here later, so-‘

“Naw it’s cool, we stopped on our way over. Our departure time in New Jersey move like two hours up so we only had like ten minutes to get to our next gate,” Dougie explained, “That’s why we’re early.”

“Oh, well, cool,” Brad said and then took a swig of his bear.

Dougie and Danielle went downstairs and got themselves situated while we finished up our lunch and then started clean up. Brad and Tyler were talking outside on the back porch and cleaning the grill off while Brooke and I started the dishes. I heard the door behind us open and saw Danielle walk through.

“Hi,” I smiled and she waved nervously and walked over towards the stool at the counter and sat down, “Where’s Dougie?”

“He’s lying down, he hates flying,” she said and I nodded my head.

“So how long have you two been together?” Brooke asked and I rolled my eyes and shook my head.

“Three years,” she said happily and I looked back towards her and smiled.

“Didn’t Dougie just come to the Bruins?” I asked and she nodded her head.

“We grew up together and went to high school together,” she said and I smiled, “When he got drafted to the Bruins, he asked me to come with him.”

“Aw, that’s so cute,” Brooke and I said and then laughed.

“Well, there are rules since you’re underage,” Brooke said and I scoffed.

“Just if you’re gunna drink, make sure we’re not going anywhere,” she said and I laughed, “We don’t want anyone in trouble here.”

“That’s all right, I’m not much of a drinker. Dougie might have a beer or two, but I’m all right,” she said and I laughed.

“Yeah, that whole ‘no drinking’ thing, that’s not gunna work here,” I said, “We got Ms. Peer Pressure at her finest!”

“Hey!” Brooke said and I laughed.

“You guys are funny, how long have you been friends?” Danielle asked.

“Um, Sophomore year, so almost two years,” I said and then bumped hips with Brooke.

“Really? You seem like you’ve been friends forever!”

“Well, we’re roommates, so you learn about each other pretty fast,” Brooke said, “So it’s like we’ve known each other forever.”

“That’s so cool,” she said and I smiled.

‘…She’s so cute…’

“What’s so cool?” I heard and looked up to see Brad and Tyler walking in.

“Oh, I was just saying how even though Brooke and Emily have only known each other for almost two years, they look like they’ve been friends forever,” Danielle explained and Tyler smirked, walking over towards me and wrapping her arms around my waist.

“Who? These weirdos?” he teased and I bumped my butt into his groin and heard him groan.

“Don’t be mean,” I laughed and then kissed his cheek.

“We were talking about staying in for tonight,” Brad said as Brooke walked over towards him and I nodded my head.

“Sounds good to me, I want to go into the hot tub!” I smiled because I was excited to find out there was one on the back porch.

“Where’s Dougie?” Brad said as he looked around.

“Napping,” Danielle said and Brad and Tyler laughed.

“Not in this house.”

“Oh leave him alone!” I said and watched as the two of them walked downstairs, “Dorks.”

“We’re dating them,” Brooke said and I sighed and nodded my head while Danielle laughed.

Not long later we heard some yelling coming from downstairs and then saw all three of the guys running up the stairs and slamming the door closed.

“No one’s allowed to go down there!” Brad yelled as he slammed his body against the door dramatically.

“Why?” I laughed.

“Family of raccoons,” Tyler said and my eyes widened.

“Wait what?” I panicked.

“I’m just playing,” Tyler said and I growled and threw the washrag at him.

“You nearly gave me a panic attack!” I yelled and he laughed and walked over towards me and I listened to the other girls yelling at their boyfriends for the scare.

‘…This is getting interesting…’