The Teacher's Pet

The Teacher's Pet 041:

Chapter Forty One
“Tyler,” I called as I sat up and shook him.

“Hmm?” he mumbled sleepily but didn’t move.

“Tyler!” I called again.

“Hmm?” he mumbled and I growled.

“Wake up!” I whispered loudly and punched his shoulder.

“Ow! What?!”

“I heard something!” I said and he rolled over on his side, his back to me.

“It’s probably someone getting up to go to the bathroom, go back to sleep, it’s four in the morning,” he muttered, sleep dripping from every word.

“Tyler,” I whined and looked around the room.

“Go back to sleep, Emily,” he growled and I sighed and laid back.

‘…I know I heard something…’ I thought and then heard a door open from downstairs.

“Tyler-“

“Emily, it’s just-“ he was cut off and shot straight up in the bed when we heard someone scream from downstairs.

“Told ya!” I yelled as I jumped out of bed, grabbed my bathrobe and ran down the stairs right behind Tyler.

“What’s wron- Holy shit!” Tyler yelled and I banged into his back and looked to see our garbage can being flung across the porch, “What the hell is that?!”

“Shhhh!” Brooke shushed as Brad walked over towards the window and looked out.

“Holy shit!” Brad whispered loudly.

“What?!” we all said and then heard footsteps coming up the stairs, Dougie and Danielle were awake.

“There’s a freaking bear out there!”

“God, first raccoons and now bears, what’s next? A freaking tiger?!” Brooke whined as she held her face and shook her head, “This is not our night.”

“We got pretty tipsy, so it’s a pretty good night to me,” Brad said as he climbed off of the counter and walked over towards us.

“Why would a bear be here?” I asked as I walked over towards the door and looked out the window, hearing and seeing the bear attack our garbage can and seeing trash all over the place, “Who put the trash out?!”

“Uh,” Brad and Tyler said and then looked at each other and pointed their fingers at each other, “He did!”

“Guys! The note said not to put the trash out until like ten in the morning! So this doesn’t happen!” I yelled and they sighed; “Now you get to go out there and clean the mess up!”

“Right now?” Brad asked and I looked at him sternly.

“Yes!”

“But there’s a bear out there!”

“There wouldn’t be one if you didn’t put the trash out!” I yelled and Brad held out his arms over towards Tyler, “I don’t care who did it! Fix it!”

“Emily,” Tyler whined as he walked over towards me and then looked out the window, “That’s a big ass bear, I’m not going out there-“ shots were heard and I was pulled to the ground.

“What the hell?!” Dougie yelled as he pulled Danielle down.

“Don’t hurt the bear!” Danielle yelled and Tyler looked at her like she was crazy.

I was on top of Tyler and he was crawling backwards trying to see what’s going on. We backed out of the doorway and hid behind the table. Footsteps were heard on the porch and I grabbed Tyler’s shirt and his grip around my waist tightened.

Someone banged on the door and I looked at Tyler and then started to stand up to get the door but Tyler pulled me back down and stood up. I grabbed his hand and looked at him scared, he kissed it and then turned around and I saw Brad walking over towards the door. I stood up and stood behind Tyler, gripping onto the back of his shit.

“Hi?” Brad said as he opened the door and saw this big guy with a shotgun leaned against his shoulder.

“Yeah, name’s Freddy,” he said and then sucked in his mucus and spit it onto the porch.

“Ew,” I muttered and felt Tyler lace his fingers with mine.

“Seems ya have a bear problem,” he said, his southern drawl being heard. I thought I was going to be sick when he spit onto the porch again, “Don’t ‘chya know that ya ain’t suppose ta leave yer shit out before ten?!”

“Yeah, sorry, we made a mistake, won’t happen again,” Brad said and tried to close the door but the man stepped forward and I got a good look at him.

Redneck beer belly, old ratty checker printed shirt tucked into a pair of blue jean overalls. He had a thick and long grey beard, bald head that had a ratty baseball cap sitting snuggly, “I wouldn’t mind a new throw rug!”

Danielle gasped and the man looked at her and smirked. That was a hockey grin right there, well at least the gap tooth was, the yellow teeth was just nasty. I wrapped my arm around Tyler’s chest and pressed my chest to his back.

“Well, I’m sure that you can get in trouble for that, but hey! Knock yer self out!” Brad said, mocking the man by saying the least few words in a fake southern drawl.

“Marshy!” Tyler hissed and the guy looked over towards us and smiled when he saw me.

“Well now,” he stood up straight and adjusted his hat, “Hello there.”

“Um, ew,” I whispered and tightened my grip on Tyler.

“Freddy! Leave these kids allow!” I heard from outside and then heard footsteps on the porch, “I thought it was you when I heard the shotgun,” a woman appeared in a police officer’s uniform, “Go home Freddy, before I fine ya again!”

“Just doin’ my civil duty,” he said and the officer scoffed and shooed him along.

I breathed a sigh of relief when I didn’t hear his footsteps anymore and knew that he was leaving the cabin. I let Tyler’s shirt go and rubbed his side, leaning my head on his back.

“I’m going back to bed,” Brooke said and then headed back towards her bedroom.

“Me too,” Danielle said and she and Dougie walked back down the stairs.

I sighed and then walked around the table and walked over towards Brad who was talking to the officer about the garbage.

“I’m sorry ma’am, they’re just a little special and forgot,” I said and the office smirked and nodded her head, “Trust me, it won’t happen again.”

“As you noticed, bears don’t hesitate to come up close to the cabins and Freddy too,” she said and I shivered when she said his name, just thinking about him freaked me out, “Yeah, a lot of people give that reaction about him.”

-Tyler-
“Well, I don’t know about you, but my ass is sleeping in,” I laughed as I climbed back into bed next to Emily.

“I’m wide away,” she groaned and I looked at the time to see that it was just after six in the morning, “I don’t want to be wide awake.”

“Lay down,” I said and she sighed and nodded her head and laid on her back, “On your stomach.”

“Well, you didn’t say that,” she smirked and then turned her body, stuck her arms under the pillow and plopped her head on the pillow.

I smirked and then laid on my side and started to rub her back, something my mom use to do to me when I was younger, I use to fall asleep instantly.

“Tyler,” she giggled as I started to draw designs on her back with my fingers, “What are you doing?”

“Just relax,” I smiled and kissed her cheek, “It’s all right.”

Emily nodded her head and then I felt her body relax and I continued to tickle her back. I must have done it for another five minutes until I heard her light breathing and knew that she was asleep. I smirked and then laid back down and got myself comfortable.

“Well shit,” I muttered and then looked over towards Emily to see that she looked comfortable, “Now I can’t fall asleep.”