The Teacher's Pet

The Teacher's Pet 042:

Chapter Forty Two
-Emily-
“Ugh! I can’t take this anymore! I need a drink if they’re gunna keep us waiting like this!” Brooke complained as she leaned forward and rubbed her face.

“Thank god for bars in airports!” I laughed and Brooke nodded her head.

“Why the hell did they fly us from Knoxville to Chicago and then to Boston?” Danielle asked and I shook my head not knowing, “Because they flew us down to Washington then to Knoxville on our way down.”

“I don’t know.”

“Where did the guys go?” Brooke asked as she looked around to see that they had disappeared.

“I think I know,” I smirked as I saw the sports bar by our gate and looked to see Tyler, Brad and Dougie hovering over a tall table and staring at a TV.

“Boys,” Brooke said and shook her head, “Never change.”

“So when does our flight leave?” Danielle asked and I looked at the screen.

“Nine,” I said and then looked at my watch to see that it was five thirty. I sighed and then rubbed my forehead, “We have a while, might as well join the boys.”

“Yeah,” Brooke said and then stood up.

“I’m gunna stay here,” Danielle said, “I don’t think I’ll be allowed in there.”

“Dougie’s in there, I don’t think you’re allowed to sit at the bar,” I said and she shrugged her shoulders.

“I’ll stay here,” she said and I nodded my head, “You want me to watch your stuff.”

“Sure! Thanks!” Brooke said and then the two of us walked over towards the bar to join the boys.

Our flight from Knoxville left at ten in the morning; we arrived into Chicago, our connecting flight, only to find out that our once departing time, two fifteen, had been delayed to nine at night. That meant that we would have to find something to do in the Chicago airport for almost seven hours.

If everything went according to plan, we wouldn’t be arriving in Boston until after midnight, and that meant we probably wouldn’t get home until after one in the morning. We originally were supposed to arrive just after five, until someone had to go and screw something up.

“Of course they’re watching hockey,” I smirked as I walked up behind Tyler and slid my hand into the back pocket of his jeans and laid my head on his arm.

“Hey babe,” he said and then wrapped his arm around my shoulder.

“How’s playing?” Brooke asked and I tried to see what TV they were looking at since there were five.

“Blackhawks,” Brad answered and took a swig of his beer.

“Yeah, I’m gunna need one of those if I wanna stay sane through this wait,” I said and Tyler smirked and held up his arm towards the bartender, asking for two beers.

“It’s almost over, just four more hours,” he said and I groaned and then nodded my head.

The bartender walked over and asked for IDs and I showed him mine, he looked at it and then handed me a neon yellow paper bracelet. Dougie ended up leaving to head back over towards Danielle, not wanting to leave her alone.

“Smile!” I heard and looked up to see Brooke pointing her phone towards Tyler and I. I laughed and then got close to Tyler and then stuck my head next to his, “Cute!”

“Send me that!” Tyler said and Brooke nodded her head.

-Tyler-
The game was over and I had cut myself off at three beers. Brad and Brooke were still in the bar, Emily was talking with Dougie and Danielle, and I was sitting by the window, sitting on the floor, leaning against the wall, charging my cell phone while playing on my laptop.

Brooke had sent me the picture that she took of Emily and I and I smirked and posted it on Twitter, along with all the other pictures that I had taken on our Redneck vacation. Somehow Dougie had gotten a picture of the bear that had attacked our cabin and he sent it to me, which was on Twitter, raccoon family was on Twitter, nothing really inappropriate went online because Emily had to watch what she posted because of her teacher job.

I decided to check out my Facebook, something I hadn’t done in a long time. I smirked when I saw that I had over two thousand friend requests, most from people I didn’t know and only wanted to be my friend because I was a famous hockey player.

“Whatchya doin’?” Emily asked as she walked over towards me and sat down next to me, wrapping her arm around my bicep and laying her head on my shoulder.

“Checking my Twitter and Facebook pages,” I said and she shook her head.

“I don’t have a twitter and I’m barely on Facebook,” she said and I looked down towards her to see that she was wearing one of my hoodies, “I was cold.”

“It’s fine,” I said and then kissed her forehead.

“Wow, someone’s Mr. Popular,” she said and pointed towards all the friend requests.

I chuckled and nodded my head, ignoring them and looking at my page, deciding that I was going to post our Tennessee trip pictures on Facebook. As I started to tag people in the pictures, I realized that I didn’t even have Emily as a Facebook friend.

“Oh no! What are we going to do?!” she teased and I smirked and shook my head, typing in her name and finding her on Facebook.

“We should make it Facebook official while we’re at it,” I laughed and looked to see that she was notified on her phone that someone sent her a friend request.

“That’s only ‘if’ I accept your request!” she laughed and I started to creep through her private Facebook page, I didn’t get far.

“Will ya accept me already?!”

“All right, all right, fine! Geez,” she laughed and then accepted it and I started to creep all over her Facebook.

“Wow,” I said and she pulled herself closer towards me and looked at the laptop, “You haven’t been on Facebook since before Thanksgiving.”

“I told you! I’ve been a little busy,” she laughed and I smirked and decided that I was going to make it Facebook official that I was dating Emily Niskanen, “Watch what pictures-“

“I know, don’t worry,” I said and she nodded her head and then started to play some sort of game on her phone but then sighed.

“My phone’s dying,” she whined and I moved over and unplugged my phone seeing that it was over ninety percent and then plugged hers in, “Thanks.”

“Yup,” I said and then went back to my laptop.

We had a lot of time to kill, and I had a lot of pictures to post. I ended up adding Brooke, Ashley and Amy as a friend on facebook, seeing that Emily had a lot of ‘likes’ for her relationship change. I changed my profile picture to a picture that Emily took of me laying on the ground staring out the window, seeing two raccoons looking into the cabin. I changed my cover picture to a picture that Brooke had taken of Emily and me, when we all went hiking. I was standing on a large rock, holding Emily bridal style in front of a waterfall and forest view.

I had a notification that I was tagged in a status and looked to see that Emily had checked-in at the Chicago airport with Brad, Brooke, Dougie, Danielle, and I.

“When did you add them as a friend?” I asked and she smirked and I saw that she was on Facebook on her phone.

“Just now, I’m a Facebook creep too,” she laughed and I smirked and looked back towards the laptop.

There was an announcement that our flight was going to be board at gate number C24. I looked at the time to see that it was just after eight.

“Tyler.”

“Yeah.”

“We’re in the wrong terminal!” she said and I looked at her and then looked at the gate, ‘B27’.

“You’ve got to be fucking kidding me!” I growled and then quickly started to put all of my stuff away and ran back towards the other, Emily left to go get Brad and Brooke.

“What’s going on?” Dougie asked looking around and seeing that people were complain, getting up and leaving.

“Our gate’s been changed, we need to move fast!” I said and they nodded their heads and gathered up all of their things and I looked to see that Brad and Brooke were running towards us, “Dude, did you see that Kings game, Brown was like-“

“Yeah, yeah, yeah man that’s cool, tell me on the plane, we have to go!” I said and all six of us ran like mad to get to our new gate, only to find out that it was changed again, to ‘D8’.

We had just made it to the plane and I was severely frustrated and hoped that I had all of my things. We all found our seats and then placed our things either in the above compartment or below are seats. Emily had the window seat and then side and laced her fingers with mine.

“We made it, calm down.”

“I’m all right, just tired.”

“Spending seven hours in one airport will do that to you,” Emily laughed and then leaned over and kissed my cheek, “Love you.”

I smirked and the kissed her hand then quickly pecked her lips, “Love you too.”

“You should get some sleep, you look tired,” Emily said as she ran her fingers through my hair and then looked behind me, “There’s a little girl who was already starting to fall asleep, you should be fine.”

“I will when we’re in the air.”

“All right,” she said and then looked out the window.

‘…I just want to get home, god we have practice tomorrow morning…’