The Teacher's Pet

The Teacher's Pet 043:

Chapter Forty Three
-Tyler-
"Geez, what the hell happened to you three?" Coach asked as Brad, Dougie and I one by one drug our butts into the locker room, only getting home about six hours ago.

"Chicago, never going through that airport ever again," I muttered as I drug my feet over towards my locker and collapsed onto the bench, holding my face.

"You do realize that today is an optional practice, right?" Chara said as he stared at me across the locker room.

"What?" I asked confused and sleep drowning my voice.

"I didn't know that," Brad groaned and then rubbed his face.

"I'm lifting today then," Dougie said as he threw his gear back into his bag and started to pull out some workout clothes.

"What time did you land?" Nathan asked and I looked at my watch.

"About," I had to think about it, I was too tired to know right off hand, "I don't know, I think almost one."

"Damn, that's rough. What time did you leave Tennessee?" David Krijci and I shrugged my shoulders, not really wanting to talk because I was tired, "Did you guys have a good time?"

"It was interesting," Brad laughed.

"Saw the pictures on Twitter," Nathan said and I rubbed the sleep from my eyes, "Did you really run into a bear?"

"And a giant redneck creepy guy," Dougie chuckled and I decided that I was going to lift today too.

'...Damn, Emily is lucky, she gets to sleep in...'

-Emily-
"I can't believe you're still sleeping," I heard and rubbed my face into my pillow and groaned.

"Go away," I muttered stretched in my bed and then turning my head away towards the wall. I was laying on my stomach with my arms tucked under the pillow and my legs sprawled out.

"Mhmm, you look comfy," I heard someone mutter and then felt the pressure of someone climbing onto my bed.

"Tyler," I groaned as I felt his weight on top of me.

"This bed is a little lumpy," he chuckled and then started to poke my sides.

"Stop!" I laughed sleepily, "I'm tired!"

"I'm tired!" he mocked and then rolled off of my and laid on his side next to me, "It's almost two and you and Brooke are still sleeping."

"Can you blame us?" I asked as I looked at him staring at me, "We let you and Brad sleep while we unpacked and got your stuff ready for you. I didn't get to bed until after four."

"I know, I felt you crawl in," he said and then wrapped his arms around my waist and pulled me closer to him, "Mhmmm, you smell so good."

"I smell like Chicago airport and weird people," I muttered against his chest and felt his body shake from chuckling.

"Get up."

"No."

"Why?"

"Because in two days I start classes, and I'm taking in all the hours left until D-day to relax," I said and he smirked and then sighed, "I'm going to shower," I said and tried to get up, but Tyler pulled me back down and pressed his lips onto mine.

"Can I come?" he asked with hope in his eyes and I laughed.

"Is anyone home?"

"I think I saw Ashley in the living room," he said and I sighed.

"Then no," I said and pushed myself out of his grasps and walked over towards my closet.

"Why not?" he whined and I laughed and rolled my eyes.

"Because we both know that we'll be caught," I smirked and Tyler shrugged his shoulders.

"I can't help it if I'm can't keep you quiet," he smirked, "I'm just that good, babe."

"You're just that cocky too," I teased and Tyler crawled out of bed and then stretched, his shirt coming up and showing his abs off, "Stop it."

"What?" he laughed and then looked at me confused, but then realized what I meant, "Oh this," he said and then took his shirt off and I felt my face heat up, and hearing him laugh.

-Tyler-
"She'll be here any minute, calm down!" my mom laughed as I looked at my watch for the tenth time in the past four minutes and twenty three seconds.

"She's late," I muttered worriedly, "She's never late, I mean like never late! She's one of those people who like to be early, that's why I wanted to-"

"She's here," Candace said happily as she shot up from her chair and I turned around to be greeted by a rushing Emily.

"Oh my god, so sorry, my professor just wouldn't stop talking and my phone's dead!" she explained and I smiled and kissed her cheek, happy that she was there so that I could calm down.

"See!" Candace said as she hit my arm, "There's nothing to worry about ya dork!"

"Aw, you were worried? Sorry!"

"You say sorry too much, Emily," I said and she sighed, "Don't!" I laughed because she was about to say 'sorry' again.

"How are you Emily?" my mom asked as she smiled brightly towards Emily.

"I'm fine, how are you Mrs. Seguin?"

"Oh sweetie, it's Jackie," mom said and I smiled and then placed my hand on Emily's knee.

"Right," Emily laughed nervously.

"I hear that you started school again, how are your classes?" mom asked.

"A little hard, classes started last week and I'm trying to get use to the new schedule," she said and I squeezed her knee and felt her hand on top of mine, "I meet my kids tomorrow too."

"And you're in first grade?"

"Second this semester," she smiled and my mom and sisters nodded their heads, "I'm excited."

"It should be fun," Candace said and Emily laughed and nodded her head.

"Why did you go a grade up?" Cassidy asked.

"I wanted to see what it would be like."

"And how long will you be with them?" mom asked.

"Um, until end of April, beginning of May," Emily laughed, "Somewhere around there."

My mom and sister had come in to visit and we decided that we were going to all go out to dinner. My mom wanted me to ask Emily to join us and naturally Candace decided to steal my phone and call Emily up herself.

After we ordered, ate, talked a whole lot, my mom paid the bill even though I wanted to, we left the restaurant. My mom, sisters and I shared a car, and of course, Emily drove by herself, but we were all going back to my place, so I decided that I was going to drive with Emily.

"Um actually, can you girls go with Emily?" mom asked, "I want to talk to Tyler."

"Uh, all right," I said and then squeezed Emily's hand and quickly pressed my lips against hers.

"Meet you there," Emily said and I nodded my head, not worried because Emily had a key to my place, "I parked down this way," she said and then walked in the opposite direction than my mom and I, with my sisters following her.

"What's up?" I asked my mom as we walked back to the car.

"Your father called me the other day," she sighed, "I didn't want to say it in front of the girls because I haven't told them yet."

I took a deep breath and then rubbed the back of my neck. I couldn't stand my dad, just as much as Emily couldn't stand both of her parents. He walked out on my mom and I, only wanting to be in my life to support me in hockey, but I didn't want him in my life at all.

"What did he call about?" I asked as we got into the car and mom started the engine and pulled out of the parking spot.

"He wanted to see how you were doing? Guess he tried to go by your old apartment and was surprised to see that you or Marshy weren't there," mom said and I nodded my head.

"Marshy moved to a place closer to the city, it's smaller, but he's barely there anyways," I said and mom nodded his head.

"I didn't tell him anything, but I think that you should call him," mom said as she pulled out of the parking lot and we headed back to my place.

"I'll think about it."

"He's your father, Tyler."

"Yeah, whatever."