The Teacher's Pet

The Teacher's Pet 048:

Chapter Forty Eight
-Emily-
I watched as he leaned on the edge of his seat, arms draped over the bars, staring down at the ice. This was my first time that I was up this high, in the press box, sitting next to an anxious Tyler, who was driving me nuts with the foot tapping. I stared at him and then sighed, when he started to bite his thumb and lean back in his seat, I had it. I placed my hand on his knee and tried to hold down his leg from tapping, like that was going to happen.

“Tyler,” I said softly and he looked at me, “Baby, it’s going to be all right.”

He sighed and then looked at the jumbotron to see that the guys were a point ahead of the Islanders, but a point wasn’t enough, Tyler was anxious and upset that he wasn’t down on the ice. He was angry with the fact that he was scratched two games and Milan Lucic got nothing. I apologized to him because I blamed myself, he called me crazy.

“I’m nervous,” he said and I snorted and rubbed his knee.

“That’s an understatement,” I teased, leaning into his arm.

He smirked towards me and then grabbed my hand and kissed my knuckles. Tyler snapped his head back to the ice when people started booing to see that Chara was skating towards the penalty box. He sighed and I laced my fingers with his, ‘…This is going to be a long night…’

It was only in the first period, and I thought Tyler was going to freak out and jumped over the bars and fly down to the ice. The boys were playing good, but I really didn’t care about the game, I didn’t really like the Bruins either, I just like Tyler, I only cheered for Tyler. When they played the Penguins, I cheered for the Penguins, but when Tyler did something, I cheered for Tyler. It sounds stupid, I know, but, there was something about this guy that just makes me feel like mush.

But the time the third period hit and the seconds were ticking down to the final moments, the score was tied one to one, Tyler didn’t want to go into overtime, he wanted to go home. Thankfully, as the clock hit three, Brad was passed the puck, standing in front of the Islander’s net, and took the chance by shooting the puck.

Ok, so I lied, I cheer for Tyler and Brad, maybe even Dougie too.

Tyler and I cheered loudly as the horn goes off and the Bruins won, he wrapped his arm around my waist and kissed my cheek. I squealed in his arms and then he took my hand and started to head towards the door, wanting to go down and congratulate his friend for the winning goal.

“Nicely done man,” Tyler smiled brightly, or at least tried to fake a bright smile, I knew that he wanted to be on the ice too, he was heartbroken that he was taken off of the ice.

“Thanks! I just went for it, that was all luck though,” Brad said and I appeared in front of him and smiled.

I giggled and leaned into Tyler, “I think you’re suppose to say that it’s all skill.”

“Smart girl,” Brad laughed and I shrugged my shoulders, “How’s Brooke?”

“Sick as a dog,” I sighed, “I checked on her before Tyler came in here. Amy and Ashley have her room all taped off, no on in, no one out.”

Brad laughed and then sighed, “So going to see her is out?”

“Unless you want to be contaminated,” I said and he sighed, “I tell her that you were asking.”

“I’ll try to facetime her later.”

“That’s a no go, bro,” Tyler said and I laughed, “She wouldn’t let me when she was sick.”

“We don’t want people seeing us when we’re sick, sorry!”

Brad and Tyler laughed and I smiled and waved towards Dougie, he smiled and then waved back and I felt Tyler’s hand tighten around my waist. I figured out why when I felt another hand on my shoulder.

“Hello Emily,” I heard and turned my head to see Milan smirking towards me, “Like my goal?”

“Wasn’t the winning goal,” I smirked and nudged my head towards Brad, “Liked his better.”

Milan shrugged his shoulder, “You give what ya get, lucky shot, we could have won in overtime.”

“Whatever you say,” I muttered and saw Milan walk away, heading towards his locker to take his gear off.

“Come on, we’ll let them change,” Tyler said and I nodded my head.

“Yo Ty, goin’ out after?” Brad asked and I looked at Tyler and he was looking at me.

“Sure,” I said and Tyler smirked and nodded his head towards Brad, “Meet us at my place?” I asked and Brad smirked and nodded his head again, “Dougie?”

“Yeah, see you there,” he smirked and I waved bye to the two and walked out with Tyler, his fingers lacing with mine.

“Why are they coming over? Why are we going to your place?” Tyler asked confused and I giggled.

“Be considerate, Ty, you know that Brad wants to see Brooke, so this is his chance to see her,” I said and Tyler shook his head.

“I thought girls didn’t like to be scene when they were sick?” he asked as we headed towards the arena exit.

“He can sit outside her door and talk to her, I would find that romantic and completely cute,” I laughed and Tyler scoffed and opened the door to the private player parking lot.

As we started to head towards Tyler’s car, I heard someone calling his name. I turned around first, guessing that Tyler didn’t hear it, or was ignoring it. The man looked oddly familiar; I looked back at Tyler and then back at the man, ‘…Shit…’

“Ty,” I said and Tyler looked down at men, ‘…Didn’t hear ‘em…’

“Hey! I’m talking to you!” I heard Tyler turned around, his whole body tensed and then he pushed me behind him, “What the hell was that?!”

“What are you doing here?!” Tyler growled and I placed my hands on his back and grabbed some of his expensive sports jacket.

“Tyler?” I called but Tyler pulled his arms back, looking like he was trying to hide me.

“What is this shit?!” the man yelled holding up the newspaper from two days ago, Tyler and Milan’s fight.

“It’s nothing,” Tyler muttered.

“It’s doesn’t look like nothing! You were scratched!” he yelled and I looked around, happy that no one was around because he was pretty loud.

“Will you shut up?! This is my life! You don’t to make any comments about my life decisions anymore! You’re the one who walked out!” Tyler growled and I laid my head on his back, he was shaking out of anger, I was scared.

“Why you little-“

“Stop!” I yelled and pushed my way in front of Tyler, holding my hands out because the man looked like he was going to punch Tyler, “You’re his father, right?”

“I take it that you’re the slut,” he said and Tyler pushed me back.

“Don’t talk to her like that! You know ‘nothing’ about her!” Tyler snapped and I grabbed his arm.

“Tyler-“

“Go wait in the car, Em,” Tyler said and then shoved the keys in my hand, “It’s all right.”

I looked at him scared; wishing that Brad or Dougie would come out, anyone really. I did as I was told and walked towards the car, sliding into the passenger seat and watching the boys. My phone was dead, so I grabbed the car charger and plugged my phone in.

Tyler and his dad were arguing, his dad was shoving the newspaper in Tyler’s face, pointed towards me and then threw his hands in the air. I sighed and then shook my head, rubbing my forehead and then deciding that I was going to text Brad.

Just as I grabbed my phone, BAM! Tyler hit the hood of the car and I snapped my head up and saw that his dad his punched him, “Tyler!” I jumped out of the car ran over towards Tyler, his dad was on top of him, punching him, “Let him go!” I yelled and jumped onto his arm only to get shoved off and backhanded across the face.

The force was so hard that I fell back; I felt his ring just under my eye and knew that he had cut my skin, considering I had a little blood on my hand after I pulled it away from my pulsing face. I stared at my hand shocked and then heard something slam against metal. I snapped my head up and saw that his dad had punched the hood of the car, the alarm was going off. Tyler grabbed his father and pushed himself off of the car and tackled his dad to the ground.

“You don’t touch her!” he snapped and then punched his dad, “I’ll kill you!”

“Tyler, no stop!” I said and then pushed myself up and ran over towards him, pulling him off of his dad, “You can get in trouble too. Baby, you’ll be scratched again, you need to stop!”

“But he-“

“I know, Tyler, I know, but you need to stop, it’s all right,” I said, grabbing Tyler’s face and making him only look at me, “It’s all right.”

“He-“

“It’s all right,” I said softly. Tyler placed his hand on my cheek, seeing the cut on my face and then seeing the rage in his eyes, “Tyler! No, Ty-“ I gasped as I felt someone grab my hair and pull me back.

“Em! Bastard!”

I was pushed back to the ground and looked back to see that it was round two. I growled and then stood up and ran at his dad, “Get away from him!”

“Bitch, learn your place!” his dad yelled and then shoved me back against the car, the alarm still going off.

‘…How the hell has no one heard this?...’ I thought as I slide to the ground.

When I tried to get back up, I hissed at the pain in my shoulder and leaned back against the car. I heard yelled and someone was tackled to the ground. I looked up to my surprised that there were a few guys around. Someone was calling Tyler’s name, my vision was a little fuzzy.

“Emily! Yo, Emily! Can you hear me?” I heard and then felt someone pick my face up.

“I’m fine,” I muttered, placing my hand on the arm of whoever was holding my face up, “Tyler?”

“The boys have him.”

“His dad?”

“Pinned down,” I heard the man chuckled.

‘…Who is it?” I thought and then looked blinked a few times, focused my eyes and then cursed, “Of course it’s you.”

“Not happy to see me?”

‘…Freakin’ Milan Lucic has to be my savior…’