The Teacher's Pet

The Teacher's Pet 052:

Chapter Fifty Two
"You wanna dance?" Tyler asked and I smiled towards him and nodded my head, chugging the rest of my beer and then placing it on the table. I smiled towards Brooke and Brad and then grabbed Tyler's hand, he laced his fingers with mine and the I pushed myself close to him as we walked out onto the dance floor.

It was a Friday, the boys had just won a game against the Maple Leafs, a big rival, they were out celebrating. The whole team was at the club, and Tyler was afraid that something was going to happen with myself and one of his teammates, I still haven't told him that I had coffee with Milan and had forgiven him, or somewhat forgiven him of his behavior. It wasn't long later that the others asked for forgiveness as well.

I knew Tyler was suspicious of something, because when we were in the locker room, his goalie, Tukkaa Rask walked up to me and wrapped his arm around my shoulder and whisper, 'You've got them all wrapped around your finger'. I just smirked and rolled my eyes, that's when the suspicion started.

He noticed another time, when we were out to dinner, Shawn Thornton asked me what I thought about Tyler's goal today, and I held up a conversation with him. Then when we got to the club, Milan and Nathan bought me a beer and then Milan flirted with Ashley.

"You gunna tell me what's going on?" Tyler yelled into my ear, trying to talk over the music as he pulled me to the center of the dance floor.

"I'm trying to be nice to your teammates," I told him and he looked at me a little surprised, "It's not like I trust them! It's just- I'm trying to make it easier for you."

"You don't have to talk to them! They hurt you-"

"It's fine Tyler! I'm fine! It's over with-" Tyler's eyes widened and he shook his head and walked away. I cursed and then chased after him, he ran out the backdoor and I followed, "Tyler!"

"How can you say that it's fine?!" he asked as he turned around and shook his head, "They hurt you and you're saying it's fine."

"It's not fine that they did that! But they did that! It's over with-"

"Are you stupid?!" he asked and my eyes widened and I took a step back, "Em, I didn't mean it like-"

"No," I sighed and shook my head, "The worst part is that you did, you did mean it."

"Emily, no- wait!"

"Go away Tyler!" I said and then turned around and walked back into the club. I managed to lose Tyler in the crowd.

"Everything all right?" Brooke asked as I walked back to the table and told my friends that I was heading home.

"Yeah, I'm just gunna head home," I said and she nodded her head.

-Tyler-
'...What the hell is wrong with you?! Why did you call her stupid?! She's the smartest girl you know! You're the one who's stupid!...'

I ran through the crowd and made it back to the tables, "Where's Em?"

"She just left," Brooke said and then looked at me confused, "Everything all right?"

"No, I screwed up," I said and then turned around and started to head towards the door of the club. I made it outside, just when she was getting into the car and driving away. I dug through my pocket and pulled the ticket out for Brad's car, '...I'll owe you one, bro...'

I texted Brad, telling him what I was doing, and then hopped into his SUV when it arrived and headed to Emily's condo. I pulled into her parking lot, parked the car and ran into the building, placing my key into the slot and heading up to her floor.

I walked up to her door and paused, I sighed and then stuck the key in my pocket and knocked on the door. I knew that I could just walk right in, I had a key, but she was mad at me, and I didn't want to make it worse.

"What do you want, Tyler?" Emily asked, in her oversized t-shirt that belonged to me.

"I'm sorry," I said and she scoffed and was about to shut the door, but I stopped her.

"Let go," she growled and I looked at her sadly.

"Em, please, I didn't mean it," I said and she looked down, "Not the way it came out."

"Then what, Tyler? What did you mean?"

"I don't understand how you could just forgive them-"

"It's none of your business on who I forgive! I'm only talking to them, to make it easier for you!"

"Then stop! I was fine on my own, I don't need you to come in and make it look like I'm hiding behind you!"

"Tyler, that was never my intention!" she said and I sighed, "I just wanted it to not be awkward every time we went to an event, every time I walked into the locker room, every time I was around your teammates! I'm still pissed at them, that will never change," she said and then sighed, "But I'm trying to be the bigger person here."

"Don't do it for me then! I don't need your help in my career," I said and she glared at me.

"Excuse me then for trying to help you! I'll be sure not to do it again!" she said and then slammed the door in my face.

"Shit!" I hissed and then sighed and laid my head on the door, "Emily, come on, I'm sorry!"

"Go home, Tyler!"

"Emily!"

"HOME Tyler!" she yelled and I sighed and looked down the hall hearing someone's door open.

"Is there a problem?" an older man asked as he walked out of his home.

"No, sorry to bother you sir," I said and then man nodded his head and walked back into his home.

The elevator dinged and I turned my head to see Brad and Brooke walking out and stopping when they see me.

"What did you do?" Brooke asked and I sighed.

"Too long of a list," I muttered as I walked down towards them and handed Brad his keys, "Can you take me home?"

"Yeah sure," he said and then kissed Brooke's cheek, "I'll see you later."

"All right," she said and then watched as Brad and I walked back into the elevator.

"What happened?" Brad asked as the doors closed.

"I'm an idiot, that's what happened," I muttered and then rubbed my face, "She started talking to the team-"

"Yeah, I noticed that, why?"

"She was trying to make it less awkward with the team," I said and Brad sighed.

"Brave of her."

"There's nothing she's done that wasn't brave," I muttered and leaned against the wall, "I feel so stupid."

"What did you say?"

"I called her stupid for doing it, and then basically said it again upstairs," I said as we walked out of the elevator.

"You did mess up," Brad said and I sighed and nodded my head.

"I love her Marshy," I said and Brad smirked.

"Well, we're on the road for three days, you can plan your big apology then," Brad said and I sighed and nodded my head, "Buy her something nice, just not another car," he snickered and I rolled my eyes.

"No, she won't like that," I said hopping into the passenger seat, "She'll think I'm just trying to buy her back."

"Well, you kind of are," Brad smirked and I shoved his shoulder.

"The one thing I really know about Em is that I know she's not with me for my money," I said and looked at Brad, "She's not like that."

"I can even tell that about her, I'm just messing with you," he said and I sighed, "You gotta go all out and all original."

"Well, I don't know about original," I said and he smirked.

"Just think about it this way," Brad started and I looked at him confused, "The makeup sex will be amazing."

"If we makeup."

"You will, you guys are disgustingly cute together."

"Brad Marchand said 'cute', I think you've been hanging out with your not girlfriend for too long," I smirked.

"Well, that's true, but you can take that not out of there."

"You asked her?" I looked at him and he smirked and nodded his head.

"Yeah man, I'm officially off the market, joined the couples club, attached to one girl-"

"Ok, I get it, Marshy," I smirked and then patted his shoulder, "Good for you, now you get to have great makeup sex."

"I don't plan on screwing up."

"Oh, like I planned it!"