The Teacher's Pet

The Teacher's Pet 054:

Chapter Fifty Four
"Baby," I groaned, not wanting to move from my spot in the bed, "Baby," I heard and felt myself being shaken, but still not wanting to move, my body was telling me that it was too early, "Tyler."

"What?"

"Will you drive me to work? It's snowing," I heard and then sat up and let the comforter fall from my side and land on my lap. I yawned and looked at the clock to see that it was about six in the morning.

"Yeah, I'll drive you," I stretched and felt arms around my waist.

"Thanks," I turned my head and gave a small sleepy smile towards Emily as she kissed my cheek.

"No problem," I muttered as I felt her climb out of bed to get ready for student teaching.

"This is ridicules," I heard and turned my head to see Emily looking out the windows.

"What?" I asked, rolling onto my side and looking at her in only t-shirt.

"This snow, look at it," she said and I sighed and got out of bed, feeling my bare feet against the cold wooden floor and then thinking that maybe just wearing sweat pants to bed wasn't not the warmest idea.

I walked over towards the window next to her and leaned against the wall, looking down at the snowy winter wonderland, "How the hell is there still school?"

"Don't know, but I looked on the news, every school, except ours is closed," Emily groaned and I sighed and wrapped my arm around her shoulder and pulled her into my chest.

"I don't like it," I sighed, "That's an accident waiting to happen."

"Which is why I would like you to drive me, you're the one with the four wheel drive SUV, not me," she said and I kissed her head and nodded mine.

"All right, go get ready, I'll make some breakfast," I said and she smirked, kissed my cheek and nodded her head. Emily grabbed some clothes and then walked into the bathroom, being sure to take her clothes off with the door open, giving me a view, before smirking towards me, closing the door and taking a shower, "Tease," I growled while walking out of the bedroom and towards the kitchen.

I made some pancakes and bacon for Emily and I, she had on brown dress pants with a dark green V-shape long sleeve shirt. Emily had thrown brown flats into her purse and placed her black snow boots next to the take, deciding to change in them after breakfast.

"Smells good, Ty," she smiled and I smirked and placed the plate in front of her, "Thank you."

"You're welcome," I smirked and sat across from her. Marshall came over towards us, but we both shooed him away, telling him to eat his own food.

"Do you still have practice today?" Emily asked as she bit into her pancake and I nodded my head, "Be careful driving."

"I will," I said as I shoved a pancake in my mouth and Emily scoffed and shook her head.

"You act like you've been deprived of food," she smirked and I shrugged my shoulders.

We ate slowly and cleaned up, I changed into jeans and a t-shirt and then grabbed my gym bag for practice. I was going to be early to practice, but only by an hour, most of that I could spend jogging on the treadmill. By seven we were leaving the condo and my seven thirty, we were halfway to the school. It had stopped snowing, but the roads were iffy. I still couldn't believe that school wasn't canceled. The plows were out, and the roads were clean in some areas, but this was ridicules, February weather at its finest.

I pulled into the teacher's parking lot at the school and got as close as I could to the door that Emily was supposed to go through. Buses and parents were coming and going, dropping of the children. Teachers were pulling into the parking lot, looking angry, not liking the fact that their school was the only one in the city opened.

"All right, thank you for the ride," Emily said as she unbuckled herself and turned towards me, "I would have not made it in my Camaro," she smirked and I chuckled.

Emily leaned in and I finished the gap, pressing my lips onto hers. When she pulled away, I placed my hand on her neck and pulled her back. I felt her hands slide up to my shoulders and then my neck. I pulled away and then kissed her nose, she smiled and then slid her hands off of my neck.

"Drive safely," she said as the passenger door opened.

"I'm only right around the corner," I chuckled and she shrugged her shoulders.

"Still," she said and I sighed and nodded my head, "Love you!"

"Love you too! I'll pick you up at three?" I asked and Emily nodded her head and then waved towards me, adjusting all of her bags in her arms as she walked towards the door and I waited until she was inside.

As I was about to pull away, I saw a guy, looking to be a teenager walking around the school, no jacket, looking frozen and holding a backpack that looked to be way too heavy for him. He was looking around the school, and something about him just didn't seem right. I shrugged it off when he disappeared behind the school and a car behind me honked.

I growled and then waved my hand, "All right, all right, I'm going."

I pulled out of the parking lot and then headed towards the Garden, like I knew, I was the first one there. It was pretty nice, quiet, I liked that, so I went into the locker room, threw my work out clothes on, and then headed towards the top of the Garden, where the work out center was.

-Emily-
"Ok, what's up sweetie?" I asked as I bent next to little Jimmy's desk because he raised his hand, saying that he needed help with his cursive.

"Every-Every time I want to make the 'L' it doesn't come out right," he muttered shyly and I smirked and then stood behind, placing my hand over his and showing him how to do the 'L' in cursive.

"Just keep practicing that," I said and he nodded his head, "I know it feels weird, but you'll get use to it."

"Ms. Niskanen!" I heard and turned around to see three kids standing in front of the window looking out towards the front of the school, "There's someone out there!"

I stood up and walked over towards them, looking out the window to see a boy, looking like he was sixteen or seventeen, short sleeve shirt, worn down pants, he was carrying a very heavy looking backpack. I looked at him strangely; he was pacing back and forth on the snowy grass, obviously cold, but not doing anything about it.

I turned my head towards Mrs. Peters, the teacher that I was observing; she looked at me and then walked over towards the window. The woman sighed and then walked to the front of the class where the phone was placed. Mrs. Peters made a phone call and stayed on the line for almost two minutes.

“They’re going to send someone over to see him,” Mrs. Peters said and I nodded my head, “Class, why don’t you grab your math books and do pages ten and eleven.”

I stayed at the window and watched the little boy just pace back and forth, Mrs. Peters, a woman in her mid fifties walked up next to me and watched as well. I felt her hand on my arm and she sighed.

“He looks cold, why doesn’t he go someplace warm?” I asked and Mrs. Peters shook her head, “Something’s up.”

“I have that very same feeling,” she said and then sighed, “Best not to show our worry, it’ll frighten the children.”

“Yes, I know,” I said, just watching the boy.

“There goes Richard,” I heard Mrs. Peters say and looked to the side to see the retired police officer, now Elementary school hall monitor, walk out into the snow and over towards the boy. They had a conversation and it looked like just as Richard was about to place his hand on the boy’s shoulder, the boy turned around and ran, “Oh my.”

We stood there for a few more minutes, nothing happened, I sighed and watched as Richard walked back into the school and came to our classroom. He and Mrs. Peters had a conversation out in the hall and I kept my eyes out the window and on the students.

-Tyler-
I pulled into the school parking lot to pick Emily up, I smirked at the fact that as I was pulling up, she was walking out the door. She was in the middle of a conversation with another woman, I’ve seen her before, Emily says that it’s the teacher that she observes. I looked at my watch and then look up to see Emily walking over and waving goodbye to the teacher. I unlocked the truck door just as Emily went to open it.

“Wow, it’s nice and warm in here,” she smiled brightly and I chuckled.

“Well then get in and stop letting the heat out,” I smirked and Emily laughed as she threw her stuff into the backseat and hopped into the passenger seat, “How was your day?” I asked as I leaned over and pressed my lips onto her.

“Good; although, there was this kid, maybe about sixteen or so, he was-“

“Standing outside with no jacket on,” I said and Emily looked at me and nodded her head, “Yeah, I saw him too, when I dropped you off.”

“He just kept on pacing back and forth, clearly cold, but didn’t leave or anything. Finally the security guard went up to him and chased him off.

“Hmmm, that’s weird,” I said as I turned back around and placed my SUV in drive.

“Yeah,” Emily muttered and I started to move, “TY!!!”

“What?!” I yelled, placing my foot on the breaks and snapping my head towards her to see her looking out the window, “What?!” I repeat and she pointed towards somewhere, I looked out the window and saw that she was looking at the boy leaning against the school wall, the same from this morning, “Emily! Wait!” I yelled when she got out of the car and started to head over towards him.

I cursed and then parked the car, before I had any more people honking at me. I sighed and then got out of the car and hurried over towards her to see that she was bent down, looking at the kid that was now sitting on the cold snowy ground, ‘…Is he trying to get frostbite?…’