The Teacher's Pet

The Teacher's Pet 071:

Chapter Seventy One
-Emily-
“What- What did you just say?” I asked eyes wide and mouth gaped.

Tyler shot up from his head lying on my lap and he stared at me, looking shocked at what he just asked, “I-I-I um, you see- um, Em, I didn’t- it’s not what you-“

“You just asked me to-“

“Would you marry me, someday?” he asked and I knew he was starting to panic, hell, I was panicking.

“Ty, why would you- I- What made you-“

“So is that a no?” he asked, an upset look on his face.

“Tyler, no- That’s not what I-“ he shook his head and moved off of the bed and headed towards the door, “Tyler! Tyler wait!”

“Forget it, Em, just forget it!” he growled as he opened the bedroom door and headed out into the hallway.

“Tyler! I don’t understand why you’re angry!” I said as I followed him down the hallway, through the living room where Ashley sat on the couch completely confused as to the sudden change in personality.

“You don’t get it, Emily!” he yelled as he threw his shoes on and then headed for the door.

“Don’t get what, Tyler? You’re the one that asked me!” I said, following after him.

“And you didn’t even respond!” he said as he headed for the front door.

“Exactly! So why are you angry?!” I asked and he looked at me one last time before walking out the front door.

“Em wait!” Ashley yelled as I followed after Tyler.

He made to the elevator before me; I growled and ran for the stairs. When I made it down the five floors, Tyler was already walking into the parking garage, “Tyler!”

He snapped around and his eyes widened, “Em, what are you doing? You’re going to freeze!” he snapped and I stopped and looked down to see that I was barefoot, wearing shorts and a tank top, “What are you thinking?” he walked up to me, took his jacket up and placed it over my shoulders, “You’re crazy.”

I hadn’t realized how cold it was, my feet were freezing, Tyler sighed and I stepped on the tops of his shoes and wrapped his arms around his waist, “I’m sorry, you kind of caught me off guard.”

“No, I’m sorry, it just kind of came out,” he said and I cupped his face and leaned up and pressed my lips against his.

“I love you Ty, nothing would change that,” I said and he sighed, wrapped his arms around my neck and kissed my head, “Do me a favor Ty?”

“Yeah,” he said and I looked up towards him.

“Ask me that question after graduation,” I said and Tyler gave a small smile and nodded his head, “With that so close, I want to just focus on that.”

“I’m sorry Em, I really am,” he said and I giggled a little, “What’s so funny?”

“The night that we met, at the club,” I smiled and placed my hands on his chest, “If anyone were to tell me that night that we would be like this now, I wouldn’t have believed them.”

Tyler smirked and placed his hands on my hips and laid his head on top of mine, “I love you Em.”

“I love you too Ty.”

“You should really get back to your place-“

“You’re not coming?” I asked and he smirked and shook his head.

“I have a game tomorrow, I need some sleep and I know that if I stay here, I won’t get any sleep,” he said and I giggled and nodded my head, “I’ll call you later.”

“All right,” I said and he cupped my face and pressed his lips onto mine, “Ty?”

“Yeah?”

“What made you ask?”

“I um, I was just staring at you- You’re so beautiful Em,” he cupped my face, “It just got me wondering what our kids would look like,” he said and I blushed, “But then it got me thinking about what our wedding would look like, things like that.”

“What did you imagine?” I asked, smiling brightly.

“Go inside, it’s too cold out here,” he said and changing the subject, but I saw the blush on his face and I bit back a smirk and just nodded my head. I took his jacket off and handed it to him as I stepped off of him and back onto the cold concrete. Tyler chuckled as walked up to me, bent over, throwing me over his shoulder and walking towards the building, “I’m guessing you forgot your key.”

“How’d you guess that?” I giggled.

“Really?” Tyler asked and I smirked as he walked into the building and over towards the elevator. He stuck his key into the slot and then placed me down; Tyler cupped my face and then pressed his lips onto mine and then my cheek, “I’ll talk to you later.”

“All right, drive safely,” I said and then walked into the elevator as the door opened.

I headed up to the condo and opened the door to see a confused Ashley looking at me, “Is everything all right?”

“It is now, I think,” I said and Ashley rolled her eyes.

“What happened?” she asked as I walked into the living room and sat on the couch.

“He asked me to marry him?” I said and Ashley’s eyes widened and she almost dropped her laptop.

“What?! I thought he was going to wait!”

“Whoa, whoa, whoa! He’s talked to you about this?!” I asked and Ashley cursed and then looked away.

“No-“

“Yes he has! Oh my god, Ash!”

“Ok fine! He’s talked to me about it!” she said and I leaned back in my chair, “He loves you Em, like he really loves you.”

“And I love him-“

“So then why were you fighting?”

“Because he kind of just sprung it on me, I- I just- It’s too soon Ash. We haven’t even been dating for a year!”

“So?!” she asked and I sighed and shook my head, “Did you break up with him?”

“No! God no!”

“Good, I would have to slap you,” she said and I smiled, “So let me guess, he’s already imagining what your wedding would look like?”

I felt the heat rise to my face and Ashley started to laugh, “Even what our kids would look like.”

“Oh my god! Emily, he’s perfect!” Ashley said and I smiled and then nodded my head, “So what’s going to happen now? Why isn’t he here?”

“I don’t know, I think we’re going to take things slow, but he went home because he has a game tomorrow and he needs some sleep.”

“Uh huh, something’s up,” she said and I looked at her worriedly, “He’s spent nights here before. Is he just putting up a front?”

“I don’t know,” I said as I stood up and headed over towards my room, thinking over what had gone over in the past hour.

-Tyler-
“What’s wrong with you, Segs?” Brad asked as we were putting our practice gear on for our morning skate. I sighed and then rubbed my face, looking at my friend to see that he had a smirk on his face, “You and Em get a little crazy last night?”

“I asked Em to marry me,” I said looking back towards the ground, too embarrassed at my own actions.

“You what?! Wow, good for you man- Wait, she said ‘no’?” Brad asked, noticing my not so happy mood.

“She- I don’t know, I kind of spit it out, I didn’t mean to ask, but it just went downhill from there,” I sighed and then ran my hands through my hair, “We’re fine, I think, but I don’t know, I think I spooked her.”

“Well hell man, I would think so,” Brad chuckled, “What did she say?”

“I mean, she didn’t exactly tell me no, she just told me to ask her again after graduation,” I said and Brad slapped my shoulder and smiled towards me.

“Well there you go man! It didn’t go downhill, you’re just paranoid! She’s just like Brooke, they’re just focusing on school, school to them is like hockey to us, it’s their life, Emily especially because that’s what her career.”

“I guess.”

“Don’t give up man, you guys are good for each other,” Brad said and I gave a little smirk and nodded my head.

“Thanks man.”

“Segs, what the hell would you do without me?!”
♠ ♠ ♠
Tyler was traded!!! What the hell are the Bruins thinking?!!!