The Teacher's Pet

The Teacher's Pet 072:

Chapter Seventy Two
-Emily-
“You all right, Em?” Matt asked as he pulled back from hugging me.

“Um, yeah, I’m fine,” I said and he looked at me suspiciously, but let it go and moved onto greeting Ashley and Amy.

It was early Easter morning; we had all driven throughout the night in Ashley’s SUV. Tyler had a game against the Sabres yesterday and they won, but as soon as he had gotten out of the interviews and home, we were on the road. I think we had hit the road around midnight and reached Pittsburgh just after ten in the morning, everyone took turns driving and once we caught Amy trying to get Ashley to drive after driving only a mile when everyone was suppose to do two and a half hours.

“I need sleep,” Amy muttered and Matt chuckled and nodded his head.

“I figured, the rooms are ready for you, do you remember where they are or do-“

“We’re good,” Ashley said as she grabbed her bags and headed for the stairs.

“TK and Sid will be here later, TK family’s in and Sid- I don’t know what he’s doing,” Matt said and the girls nodded their heads, “Dinner’s on for five.”

“You’re cooking?” I asked and Matt snorted, “You hired someone didn’t you?”

“Don’t judge,” he said and I smirked and rolled my eyes.

“Whatever,” I muttered as Tyler walked through the door, shook hands with Matt and then headed up the stairs, carrying our bags in his hands, I sighed and shook my head sadly, things have been a little bumpy for us, he’s taking this whole ‘ask me later to marry you’ thing weirdly. I had honestly believed that we were past this, but then Ashley had to say something and things just went bumpy from there.

“Everything all right?” Matt asked as he noticed Tyler’s behavior as he closed the front door.

“Fine,” I muttered and was about to walk up the stairs, but Matt grabbed my wrist.

“Em, it’s me, you know you can tell me anything,” he said and I sighed, turned around and wrapped my arms around his neck.

“I love you Matt, but this, let it go,” I said as I felt Matt wrap his arms around me, “He just needs some time.”

“Time for what?”

“Maybe I’ll tell you later, I’m too tired now,” I said and Matt nodded his head and kissed my forehead.

“Get some sleep sis.”

“All right,” I said and then kissed Matt’s cheek and then walked up the stairs and towards my room to see that Tyler was already lying on the bed, ‘…Come on Ty, don’t be like this…’

-Tyler-
“So you gunna tell me what’s going on between you and my sister?” Matt asked as we watched as the woman he hired to make dinner started to work. The girls were still sleeping and I didn’t want to wake them when I didn’t have to, plus I wanted to talk to Matt alone anyways.

“I ya- I um-“

“You look like you need a beer before you have a nervous breakdown,” Matt said and I gave a little smirk as he grabbed two beers from the fridge and handed me one, “Come on,” he said and then I followed him into the backyard where we watched his dog run around the yard from the porch, “What’s going on?”

“I asked Emily to marry me,” I said as I leaned over the banister and took a swig of my beer, hearing Matt choke on his.

“You what?!”

“It was a mistake-“

“Wait- What?! You’re too good for my sister-“

“No! No! No! Not what I meant! Sorry, came out wrong,” I said as I placed the beer down and rubbed my face, “She was on the phone with you two weeks ago and I was just looking at her- I was just thinking that she’s so beautiful and I want to spend the rest of my life with her,” I said and then looked away, “When she hung up with you, the question kind of came out.”

“Let me ask you something Seguin,” Matt said and I looked at him, “Do you love my sister?”

“Yes!” I said instantly.

“Then why are you both acting off?”

“Because she turned me down- Well, she told me to wait,” I said and then sighed, “I don’t know, just- I don’t know,” I sighed and heard Matt scoff.

“Well if you don’t know, then I certainly don’t know,” Matt said and then patted my shoulder.

“I screwed up-“

“How’s that?” he asked and then leaned on the banister next to me.

“I had a plan for this-“

“Kid, with women, there’s no plan,” he said and we both laughed a little, “Especially when it comes to Emily.”

“Yeah, trust me, I know.”

“So what was this plan?” he asked and I took a swig of my beer.

“Well first, I was going to ask you,” I said and looked at Matt to see that he was a little surprised.

“Why me?”

“You’re her big brother, she can’t stand her father- I wanted your blessing before I proposed- but I screwed that up,” I sighed.

“You got it kid,” he said and I looked at Matt surprised.

“What?”

“My blessing, you’ve got it,” he said, not looking at me and then taking a swig of his beer, “Look, my sister adores you, and from what I can see you’re a good guy who cares about her. I might not like the hockey you, but I like the you.”

I smirked and nodded my head, “Thanks.”

“What else?”

“I know that school is important to her, I know her graduation is almost here, I was going to wait until after,” I said and Matt nodded his head, “Take her on some sort of vacation and propose then, but now- I don’t know, I want to surprise her and I feel like now she’ll know it’s coming, I still want to surprise her.”

“I’m sure you’ll figure something out- by the way, nicely done on Valentine’s day,” Matt said and I looked at him and smirked.”

“Thanks,” I said and Matt smirked and patted my shoulder.

“It’ll be all right, you two just need some time,” he said and I nodded my head and we turned around when we heard the porch door open, “Hey Em.”

“Hey,” Emily said as she steped outside with a beer in her hands, “So who’s the lady cooking dinner?”

“Our rental mother,” Matt said and Emily snorted and walked over towards me and wrapped her arms around my waist.

“How’d you sleep?” she asked and I gave her a little smirk and nodded my head, “Good, Matt, I made an apple pie.”

“Oh Em, you’re too good to me,” Matt said and Emily giggled.

I wrapped an arm around her and the three of us talked about things that have been going on. Matt wanted to know what was happening with the girl that placed camera’s in my condo, Emily’s new teacher at school, we were both not happy to find out that he was a perverted creep.

Before we knew it, the doorbell rang and Matt walked into the house, leaving Emily and I alone. Emily was about to walk down the stairs to see her brother’s dog when I stopped her. She turned around and gave me the saddest look that I’ve ever seen her give me. We have been through a lot throughout the past two weeks, our relationship was definitely tested. Everything was fine until Ashley had called me an idiot for proposing too soon, we got into an argument because I hadn’t done it intentionally and then Emily walked into the room and thought that I had said something else and for whatever reason thought that I was cheating on her, then someone had emailed her pictures of me being a party animal with Brad when we had won the cup last year. It took me forever to convince her that that was the old me in those pictures and since we started dating, since I met her at the club, I haven’t been with anyone else.

“Em,” I walked over towards her, held her hands and looked at her sadly, “I’m sorry I’ve been an ass the past few days.”

“Tyler, when you’re upset about something you need to talk to me about it,” she said and I sighed and nodded my head.

“It wasn’t my plan for any of this to go down like this-“

“Sweetie, ever since I met you, my plan for life was basically thrown in the trash,” she said and I smirked and walked up to her and wrapped my arms around her neck and kissed the top of her head, “I love you.”

“I love you too.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Ok, everyone needs to calm down, take a deep breath and listen... I am not goint to stop the story or do anything crazy, the story will still go on even though Tyler was traded to the Star (Don't know what the Bruins were thinking) but the ending will just be a little different than I imagined it to be. We're still in 2012 and I need to do the lockout. Love you all!
Happy Reading!!!!