The Teacher's Pet

The Teacher's Pet 080:

Chapter Eighty
“I love you so much, Emily,” Tyler said and I looked over towards him to see that he had moved his seat back and he knelt down. I looked back towards the plate to see the ring, the very same ring that I was gushing over when we were in New York, that ring was sitting in front of me.

“Tyler,” I breathed as I watched as he picked the ring up and placed a hand on my knee.

“I know I’ve asked before, but this time I really mean it,” he said and I blinked a few times and gasped a little, “I love you so much Emily, before I met you, I was heading down a bad path, you changed me for the better and I thank you for that.”

‘…Is this really happening?...’ I thought and then placed my hands over my mouth and felt my eyes water. I looked around the table and saw that everyone was smiling, I looked back towards Tyler to see that he was holding up the ring.

“Will you marry me, Emily Niskanen?” he asked and I gulped.

‘…I love him…’ I thought as I tried to speak, but no words wanted to come out, ‘…I love this goofball, this hockey playing dorky goofball…’ I thought as I started to nod my head, ‘…I love this man…’

-Tyler-
Emily was nodding her head and I smiled brightly and slipped the ring on her finger, I was so happy, Emily agreed to marry me. I could hear the others cheering as I stood up, wrapped my arms around Emily and hugged her close.

“I love you so much, Tyler,” Emily breathed into my ear and I smiled and snuggled my face into her neck, “I love you.”

“I love you too,” I said as I placed her on the ground and pressed my lips against hers.

Once everything and everyone calmed down, we left the restaurant, said goodbye to everyone and headed back to my place. On the drive back, I kept on looking over towards Emily and seeing her smiling brightly while looking at her ring. When we got back to the apartment, Emily attacked me by wrapping her arms around my neck and pressing her lips against mine. I knew we weren’t going to make it to the bedroom, I chuckled when Emily pulled my on top of her as she collapsed onto the couch.

“Changing the scenery babe?” I asked and Emily giggled and started to undo my tie.

“Oh, I love you so much,” she said and I could never be any happier.

-Emily-
“Oh my god, Em! It’s beautiful!!!” Ashley gushed as she looked at the rock on my finger.

“I know, it’s the same ring that I was looking at when we were in New York! I can’t believe he got it!” I blushed and then sighed.

“What’s wrong?”

“He proposed and then he’s going to be gone for how many months,” I said and Ashley looked at me sadly and then placed her hand on my shoulder.

“It’s going to be fine,” she said and I looked at her, “Amy and I know how you feel, we don’t get to see Sidney and Tyler a lot.”

“Yeah, you’re right,” I said and Ashley gave a small smile.

“We’re here for you.”

“Thanks, Ash.”

“When does he leave?” Ashley asked and I looked at my watch.

“In about fifteen hours,” I said and sighed, “I have to have him at the airport at six tomorrow morning.”

“So early,” she said and I nodded my head, “It’s going to be all right, you’re going to be busy with your classes anyways.”

“Yeah,” I said and then heard my phone going off and saw that Tyler was calling me, “Oh, hold on,” I said and then answered my phone and saw Ashley walked away into the kitchen, “Hey Ty.”

“I’m almost out of my meetings, just one more and I’ll be home,” he said and I smiled brightly.

“All right, can’t wait to see you,” I said and he sighed.

“Tonight it’s just you and me. No friends, no family, no one, just you and me snuggled into the bed watching movies, or other things,” he said and I giggled, “I want my last night to be with you, my fiancé- Man, I just love saying that.”

“I love you Tyler,” I said and heard Ashley making gagging noises in the kitchen.

“I love you too babe, I have to go, but I’ll see you soon. Where are you at?”

“My place- Well, my old place- I don’t know what we’re calling it,” I stated because last night Tyler asked me if I would move into his place. Since we’re together we thought that it would have been best, plus it would be easier to take care of Marshall that way.

“Well you have fun figuring that out,” he chuckled and I sighed.

“Miss you.”

“See you soon, I have to go,” he said and then we hung up and I groaned and laid my head on the table.

“It’s gunna suck!” I groaned and heard Ashley laugh as she walked into the living room.

“When did you want to start moving your stuff?” she asked and I sighed.

“I don’t know, most of my clothes are already over there, we just have to move my personal stuff, but maybe this weekend,” I said and she nodded her head, “Thanks for your help.”

“It’s no problem, faster you’re out, the faster Yingling has his own room,” she teased and I gasped and watched as she smiled brightly as she sat next to me.

“You’re horrible, I’m being replaced by a mean ass cat!” I said and Ashley smirked and playfully shoved me.

“Damn straight you are,” she said and I smiled towards me.

“Hey question,” I said and Ashely nodded her head, “Would you be my Maid of Honor?”

Ashley’s eyes widened and she smiled brightly and nodded her head, “Oh my god, thank you!”

“I’ve known you the longest and you’re my closest friend, like ever,” I said and Ashley jumped up and hugged me tightly.

“You’re my sister from another mister! I would do anything for you Em,” she said and I laughed as we lost our balance and fell to the floor.

“Um, did I miss something?” I heard and Ashley and I turned our heads to see Tyler, Amy, Sidney and Matt walking into the apartment, forgetting that they were still in town.

“We havin’ a little girl on girl action here?!” Tyler asked and Amy then slapped him.

“Sorry,” Ashley and I laughed and Ashley pushed herself off of me and then helped me up, “We were messing around.”

“Clearly saw that,” Sidney smirked as he walked over and pressed his lips to Ashley’s.

“It’s nothing,” I said and walked over towards Matt and playfully punched him because he had a sly smirk on his face, “Shut up!”

“I didn’t say anything-“

“You were thinking it.”

-Tyler-
I sighed as I looked at Emily to see that she had her arms around her and she was looking down, I knew that she was trying not to cry, we were at the airport at five in the morning, my flight took off in an hour, so that’s how long I had with her.

“Come on Em,” I said as I held out my hand, just finished checking in, “We need to head upstairs.”

“All right,” she breathed and then laced her fingers with mine and followed me to where we needed to go.

I got home last night just after five and found that Emily wasn’t home yet. I called her, ready to spend the night with just her and found out that she was on her way home. Ten minutes later she walked through the door and practically attacked me when she saw me. We made it to the bedroom, but our clothes didn’t. By morning we were both exhausted, but needed to get up to head to the airport.

“Em,” I called, see her staring out the window. She looked back at me sadly and I walked over towards her and wrapped my arms around her neck and kissed her forehead, “It’s going to be all right, we’re going to be all right.”

“I know,” she said and wrapped her arms around my waist and tucked her head into my neck.

“I love you,” I said and she looked at me and gave me a small smile.

“I love you too.”

“I’ll call you and video chat with you ever chance that I get,” I said and she nodded her head and then laid her head on my shoulder. When they finally called my flight number, Emily tensed against me and I sighed and kissed her shoulder, “It’ll be all right.”

“If someone told me that I would be this crazy about you a year ago, I would have said they were nuts,” she said and I chuckled and then pressed my lips against hers and held her close.

“Segs,” I heard and turned my head to see my teammate Patrice Bergeron standing there, “Hey Emily.”

“Hi,” she said softly and I sighed.

Patrice and I were going to be flying together since we were both signed to play for Switzerland, “I’ll be there in a second,” I said and Patrice nodded his head and headed over towards security, “I gotta go, Em.”

“All right,” she said and then looked at me and I saw her eyes were watery, “Call me when you get to your hotel.”

“I will,” I said and then cupped her face, “I love you.”

“Love you too,” she said and I pressed my lips against hers one last time before I left. I started
walking away when she called my name. I turned back and she gave me a sad smile, “Have fun.”

Patrice and I went through security together and then boarded the plane. I looked out the window and towards where I knew that Emily would be watching. When the plane headed towards the runway I bit the inside of my lip because I didn’t want to cry in front of my teammate because I was going to miss her.

“It’ll be all right, man. We’ll be back before you know it.”