The Teacher's Pet

The Teacher's Pet 082:

Chapter Eighty Two
“So, have you been planning for the wedding?” Tyler asked as he collapsed next to me on the couch.

“I’ve been looking at some things, Ashley’s been helping me,” I said and Tyler peeked over my shoulder and saw that I was on Pintrest on my iPad.

“What ideas have you come up with?” he asked and I turned my head to look at him and smiled.

“The awesome kind of ideas,” I smirked and he laughed and kissed my forehead.

“What are the colors?”

“I was thinking maybe a light blue?” I said, more as a question than a statement.

“Like baby blue?”

“No, more like this,” I said and scrolled down and brought up the color I had in mind, “I like this color for the bridesmaids, and this type of dress for them too.”

“Pretty,” he said and I smiled, “What about your dress?”

“You’ll have to wait until the big day to see that!” I said excitedly as I put my iPad down and turned to face Tyler, my hands moving to his shoulders.

“Ah, and when is the big day?” he asked as I moved myself onto his lap and ran my fingers through his hair.

“I was hoping that you would come up with the when and where part,” I said and Tyler smiled, “Both of our schedules are free in the summer, so I’m guessing it’ll be either this summer or next-“

“This summer,” Tyler said boldly and I giggled and nodded my head.

“Month?”

“July, that way I know that the season will be over,” he said and I nodded my head.

“Date?”

“I’ll get back to you on that,” Tyler chuckled and I smiled and kissed his cheek.

“Location,” I said and Tyler looked at me, “Do you want the wedding in Boston or-“

“We’re both familiar to Boston, and I know that Matt will really be your only family-“

“You’re my family now,” I said as I rubbed Tyler’s shoulders and moved my hands to his chest, “I have my friends, just because we aren’t blood, doesn’t mean that we’re not family.”

“You have the Penguins,” Tyler muttered and I giggled and nodded my head.

“And the Bruins,” I said and Tyler looked at me surprised, “They’re not so bad once you get passed the whole kidnapping thing.”

“Yeah, that,” Tyler grumbled and I smiled and kissed his nose, “Have you made up a list?”

“All finished!” I said happily, “All that’s left is for you and I to pick a date and location then send out the ‘Save the Date’s!”

“Sounds easy enough,” he said and I laughed because he didn’t realize how much work we had ahead of us.

Tyler’s been home for almost a week, our late Christmas had come and gone, I had gotten Tyler some silver cuff links with a ‘T’ on them, along with a new watch, since he lost his old one in Switzerland and then I put together a little scrap book of pictures from the start of our relationship to the present. We sat on the couch for a long time going over each memory. Tyler had gotten me a spa package that was set for the day before I go back to school, since Christmas break was almost over. He also bought me a pretty long silver chain necklace with a medium sized heart that opened up to reveal a picture of Tyler proposing to me, and he brought my back some chocolate from Switzerland.

“I like having you around all the time,” Tyler said as he wrapped his arms around me and pressed his lips against mine.

“I like being around,” I giggled, “But I have only three more days of my break, and then back to school.”

“The kids can wait, I can’t,” he pouted and I laughed and kissed his cheek. He was about to say something else when his phone went off. I sighed and got off of his lap, calling Marshall over, since he was sitting next to the couch and we headed for the kitchen.

-Tyler-
I looked to see that my agent, Aaron, was calling me. I really haven’t spoken to him much since the picture incident, where the creepy fan broke into my place and set up cameras. Other than the usual hockey business, there really wasn’t much reason for him to call me, until now.

When I was in Switzerland, I had gone out a few times with my fellow NHL teammates, Patrice and Patrick Kane. Kaner is what I use to be, before I met Emily, a party animal. Emily knew that I went out a few times with him that we were surrounded by girls, but I never did anything with them. I knew it upset Emily that I was going out and being around girls, but she told me it was all right because she trusted me. Now I’ve got Aaron telling me that there were pictures of me with three different girls, and they were claiming that we hooked up more than once.

“How do you want to handle this Tyler?” Aaron asked and I growled out of frustration, “Is it true?”

“No, it’s not true!”

“They’re claiming to have proof,” he said and I rolled my eyes.

“Well then tell them to bring it forward because I didn’t do what they’re saying I did!” I barked and clutched my phone.

“I’ll get right on it,” Aaron said and then hung up the phone, leaving me to my thoughts.

I began to doubt myself, going over every single day that I was overseas, every single moment that I was out with Patrice and Patrick Kane. There wasn’t a single moment that I thought that I was crossing the line with another girl. The most I did was sign some autographs, take some appropriate pictures, even gave at least two teenagers and a little girl a hug, but that’s it.

‘…What’s Em gunna think? Is she going to believe me? Is she going to leave me? Oh, I’ll kill these girls if they try to mess up this good thing I have with Emily…’ I thought as I stared off into space thinking things over about how I was going to handle this situation.

“Hey babe, what do you want for din- What’s wrong?” Emily asked as she walked into the room and I looked at her, to see that she was wearing the apron she usually wore before she made dinner, “You got that look on your face.”

I took a deep breath and unclutched my phone, I was angry, I had not done what these girls were claiming that I did, “Em, sit down,” I said softly, ‘…She’s not going to like this. I’m going to be in trouble…’

“Uh oh, I don’t like this,” she said and sat down, “Is there not going to be a season? Was that Aaron?”

‘…I didn’t even think of the lockout…’ I thought and then sighed, looking at her, ‘…I have to tell her, she’s going to find out, might as well be from me…’

“Ty,” she said and placed her hand on my knee, “What is it?”

“Aaron just told me something crazy,” I said and sighed. I looked at Emily to see that she was waiting patiently for me to continue, “You remember when I told you I was going out with Kaner?”

“Patrick Kane?” she asked and I nodded my head, “What about hi- Oh no, Ty! What did you do?!”

“Nothing! I swear babe, I didn’t nothing!” I said, my hands up in a defensive manner. Emily glared at me as she stood up and placed her hands on her hips, “Em-“

“No! Finish- What is Aaron saying?!” she barked and I sighed.

“Three girls are claiming that I hooked up with them more than once,” I admitted and stood up, “But baby, it’s not true!!!” Emily closed her eyes and took a deep breath, but the look of anger never left her face, “Babe?” I took a step closer, she didn’t respond, “Em?” still nothing, I took another step, “Emily.”

“Tyler,” she breathed and I took a step back, “I told you to watch yourself!”

“I know, I’m sorry, but-“

“Tell me the truth right now, Tyler Seguin!” she growled and pointed her finger at me, “Is it true? Is even the slightest part about this true?”

“Never! I swear Emily, I never even touched the girls- A girl! A few hung off of me, but I had Bergy there to help me out. We were helping each other because we have two beautiful women back home who we love!” he said and I sighed, “Ask Bergy!”

“I don’t need to, Ty,” she said calmly and I breathed a sigh of relief, “I knew something like this was going to happen.”

“What do you mean?” I asked, not sure on how I wanted to take what she said.

Emily walked over towards me and ran her hands up my chest, over my shoulders and into my hair, “Girls can’t keep their hands off of you, you’re a chick magnet,” she smirked and I chuckled.

“Yeah well, there’s only one chick I want to be stuck to me,” I said as I felt better and wrapped my arms around her waist, “I love you Em.”

“I love you too,” she said and I pressed my lips against hers, “By the way,” she said as she pulled back and I looked at her confused, “You’re never going to Switzerland again.”

“I’m all right with that.”