The Teacher's Pet

The Teacher's Pet 083:

Chapter Eighty Three
-Emily-
It was an early Saturday morning when I heard the phone ringing, Tyler and I both groaned, wanting the noise to stop. When it did, we both side and I cuddled into Tyler’s chest more, but then groaned when it went off again.

“Em,” Tyler whined and I scoffed.

“It’s your phone,” I muttered against his chest tiredly.

“Make it stop,” he said and I sighed, sat up, leaning over Tyler to grab his phone on the side of the bed.

I snatched the phone up, answered the phone and placed it to my ear, “Hello?” I barked quickly.

“Emily, sorry to call you so early, it’s Aaron.”

“Aaron, what do I owe this call at,” I paused to look at the clock, “Four in the morning for?”

“Is Tyler awake?” he asked and I let out a little laugh.

“Did you seriously just ask that?”

“Right, it’s early for me too,” he said and sighed, “I should have known when you picked up the phone.”

“Yeah,” I said slowly, wondering if he would spit out what he wanted to say, “Is this about what happened overseas?” I asked and felt Tyler move beside me.

“No, that’s handled, proven to be a lie,” he said and I gave a small smile.

“Ok well, Mr. Cranky Pants is up,” I said and threw Tyler the phone and laid back down in the bed.

“Yeah?” Tyler said, already knowing that it was his manager on the phone. Just as I was about to close my eyes to go to sleep, Tyler shouted, jumped up onto the bed and then cheered.

“What?!” I shouted, jumping up and out of the bed, staring at Tyler confused.

Tyler knelt on the bed and smiled brightly at me, cupping my face and pressing his lips against mine, “The lockout is over!”

My eyes widened and I smiled brightly, “That’s definitely news that I would wake up this early to hear,” I said and Tyler laughed and nodded his head, putting the phone back to his ear and talking to Aaron again.

Tyler talked on the phone for another five minutes and then jumped back into bed and hugged me, “I’m so happy,” he said and I laughed and turned around to face him since I decided to lay back down as well, “We start practice in a week and then our first came is on the nineteenth.”

“Not a lot of time,” I said and Tyler sighed and shook his head.

“But it’s all right, we’re going to have a season!” he said and I laughed and pressed my lips against him, both of us suddenly more awake than we were only moments ago.

-Tyler-
I took a deep breath as I walked into my apartment with full arms and Brad behind me. We had just gotten home from our first practice and we were beat, Coach had caught us off guard and decided to keep us longer than he originally planned. Brad came back to the apartment with me and when we got off the elevator about to walk into my apartment, we heard multiple voices inside, multiple female voices. They were talking loudly and laughing, we were tempted to leave because all we wanted to do was relax, but I really wanted to see what was going on inside.

“Maybe it’s an orgy?” Brad asked and I turned to look at him and give him a hard look, “What?”

“Shut up,” I smirked and then turned back around and opened the door to see women in my living room sitting around and looking like they were working on something, Emily being one of them, ‘…Wedding stuff?...’

“Babe, what are you doing here?” I heard and looked to see that Brooke was here and looking at Brad, who was standing next to me, this got everyone’s attention.

“Ty, hi, you guys are pretty late,” Emily said as she stood up and walked over towards me, while Brad decided to go to Brooke.

“Practice ran longer than I thought it would,” I said as Emily placed her hands on my waist and leaned up to press her lips against mine, “What’s going on here?” I asked seeing that Brooke, Ashley, Amy, Stephanie, Patrice’s fiancé and a woman that I didn’t recognize; although, she was dressed professionally.

“We’re working on decorations, floral and things like that for the wedding,” she answered and I nodded my head.

“What did you do to Marshall?” I asked with amusement as I watched the poor pup walking towards me with a small pillow on his head.

“Oh, I was gunna ask you, do you want Marshall to be the ring bearer?” she asked and I smiled brightly, liking the idea, “Yeah?” Emily asked and I nodded my head, placed my hands on her waist and pressed my lips against hers.

“I like it,” I said and she smiled and nodded her head.

I made some chicken for lunch, I thought you’d be home earlier, so I put it in the fridge,” she said and I looked towards the kitchen, “There’s enough for Marshy too, you’ll just have to heat it up.”

“Emily, you’re a life savior,” Brad said as he came up behind Emily, kissed her cheek and headed for the kitchen, “I’m starving.”

“I guess so,” Emily laughed and then smiled towards me, “Go get food and I’ll show you what we have so far.”

“All right,” I said and then headed for the kitchen. When I got there, Brad was already helping himself to all of the food, I was about to yell at him when I saw that he was also making me a plate, so I was glad I didn’t say anything.

“So what’s with the girl fest out there?” Brad asked as he placed his plate in the microwave, “Wedding stuff?”

“Yeah, looks like our color is blue,” I said and Brad looked at me, “What?”

“Blue? Doesn’t everyone go with blue?” he asked and I sighed.

“Yeah, I thought so too, but I’m letting her do it,” I said and Brad smirked.

“What’s her favorite color?”

“Yellow,” I said and he looked surprised, “She always said that yellow represented laughter and she loves to laugh, plus she loves sunflowers. I try to get her some every time I see some.”

“Dude, change the color then!” Brad said and I shook my head.

“You know girls like to be in charge of the decoration stuff, if I go in there and change stuff, she’s gunna be pissed at me,” I said and Brad sighed and shook his head.

“Surprise her!” he said and my eyes widened, “Hold on,” Brad said and walked to the doorway of the kitchen, “Brooke,” he called and I watched as Brooke soon appeared in the kitchen.

“What’s up?” she asked as Brad pulled her more into the kitchen.

“Who’s the lady out there?” Brad asked.

“Oh Tracy? She’s your wedding planner,” Brooke said as she looked at me.

“So Em’s really going with blue?” I asked and Brooke sighed.

“She doesn’t know now, Tracy gave her some choices and she doesn’t know which one, wanted to talk to you later about it. Why?”

“He’s got an idea,” Brad said and Brooke looked at me surprised and then smiled.

“What did you have in mind?” she asked and I scoffed, “Come on, come on, what do you have?”

“Well,” I said and then looked passed Brooke to make sure that Emily was still on the couch, “Her favorite color is ye-“

“Yellow, I know,” Brooke said and I nodded my head.

“It’s a summer wedding, she loves sunflowers,” I started and Brooke nodded her head, “I like the idea of yellow and white being our colors. At the reception we could have a sunflower centerpiece at every table.”

“Look at you bringing out your girly side,” Brooke said and I rolled my eyes and blushed, “I like that idea!”

“Great, now how to we pull this off with Emily not finding out?” Brad asked and Brooke smiled.

“Just leave it to me and Ashley, we’ll get this done,” she said and I nodded my head, smiling brightly at the thought of surprising her on our wedding day.

“So uh, one question,” Brad stated and we looked at him, “When is the wedding?”

“Saturday, July thirteenth,” I answered with a bright smile on my face.

“All right, that answers that,” Brooke said and smiled, “So we have seven months to get this wedding rolling.”