The Teacher's Pet

The Teacher's Pet 084:

Chapter Eight Four
A month had passed and the season had started, things were going well. We’ve had eleven games and won eight of them, losing two in a shootout or in overtime.

Today was my day off, everyone on the time was thankful to have this day off if they had a wife or girlfriend, today was February 14, Valentine’s Day. Emily was at work, she was teaching her students today, and I was shopping around Boston to make today absolutely perfect for her when she comes home. I was in and out of jewelry stores all over the city; I wasn’t finding anything that I liked, anything that would scream ‘Emily’. After shopping for hours, it was noon, Emily would be home in four hours and I still had nothing and was trying not to panic.

I called her brother and practically begged for help, he had nothing, told me that his sister was always hard to shop for, tell me something I didn’t already know. I called Brad and asked what he was getting Brooke; he of course got jewelry and was taking her out. I couldn’t think of anything that could top last year’s Valentine’s Day when I took her to the zoo and we had dinner in front of the polar bears. I was in my car cursing because if it wasn’t for Patrice yesterday, I would have totally forgotten about this stupid holiday. I called Ashley, my last hope.

“What can I do for ya, Segs? Last minute advice?”

“You know me too well, Ash,” I chuckled as I sat in my car, parked in a garaged in the city, “Help.”

“What do you have so far?”

“Other than taking her out to dinner?”

“You’ve got nothing, don’t ya?” she asked and I sighed and hit my head off of the steering wheel, “Look, nothing is going to beat last years, it was just too epic.”

“Thanks-“

“But try to do something sweeter,” she said and I sighed, “This is your last Valentine’s as boyfriend and girlfriend; you’re getting married in six months.”

“Yeah, so what do I do?”

“Think of something to mark a memory of something you did in your relationship,” she said and I sighed, “You’re smartish, you’ll figure it out.”

“That’s all you’re giving me?” I asked and she laughed.

“Yup- Oh, and get her a kitten?”

“A kitten?” I asked, “She hates cats.”

“No, she hates my cat,” she said and I smirked, “There’s a pet store about four blocks down from her school, next to it is the coffee shop that we like to go to. Every time we walk passed the pet store, there’s this white kitten that she’s been looking at and smiling. Every time I ask her if she wants it, she just laughs and says no, but-“

“You know she does,” I finished, “Thanks Ash!”

“Anytime, Mr. Abs,” she said and then hung up the phone and I chuckled, she was a weird one.

“But she’s helpful, sometimes,” I said and then leaned back in my seat and try to think about what she meant with the memories.

-Emily-
I sighed as I walked out of the elevator and into the apartment, so tired for work, the kids were unusually hyper today, well I was pretty sure that they were just all excited to be able to eat candy. I threw my keys into the bowl by the door and took my shoes off, looking around the apartment to not see Tyler.

“Hi buddy!” I smiled as I saw Marshall walking over towards me and bending down to kiss his head, “Where’s your daddy?”

He looked at me and tried to lick me, but I picked my head up. I patted his side and then stood up and walked over towards the stairs, if Tyler wasn’t her; I was totally taking advantage and taking a nap. I looked at my watch and saw that it was almost five, I was a little late but that was because two of the teachers that I befriended were talking to me.

I walked into the room, ready to collapse on the comfy king size bed and dream away the tiring day, but stopped when I saw a dozen roses lying on the beg on top of a big box. I smiled and walked over towards the flowers, picking them up and smelling them, I always loved the smell of flowers. I put the flowers back on the bed and looked at the box, it was tied closed with a ribbon, but there was a note on top. I opened it:

Babe,
Would love if you wore =)
-Ty


I sighed and placed the note on the bed, untied the ribbon and opened the box to see clothes, my clothes. I looked at the items confused, ‘…Did he just get these from my closet?...’ I thought as I laughed and grabbed the clothes and walked towards the bathroom.

I changed into them and looked in the mirror and smiled, I wore my tight green long sleeve shirt with my brown scarf and tan knitted thick sweater, I had jeans on and then my brown knee high leather boots. I knew it was Valentine’s Day, but I couldn’t tell what Tyler was planning for tonight. I looked at myself in the mirror and sighed, I heard a knock on the bedroom door and walked out of the bathroom and smiled when I saw Tyler.

Image

“Hey beautiful,” he smiled as he walked over towards me, wrapped his arms around my waist, picked me up and spun me around as he pressed his lips against mine, “Happy Valentine’s Day.”

“Happy Valentine’s Day, baby,” I smiled and ran my fingers through his hair and looked at him to see that he was wearing jeans and a black button up shirt with his sleeves rolled to the elbow, “What do you have planned for today?”

“You’ll see,” he smiled, “It’s gunna be awesome.”

“Are we swimming with the polar bears this time?” I asked and he chuckled.

“Sorry, nothing that cool,” he said and I laughed and nodded my head, “You look tired.”

“I am,” I said and gave him a smile, “But I happy to be home.”

“Well, we’re getting ready to head out,” Tyler said as he took my hand, “Are you ready?”

“I’m ready to do what exactly?” I asked and he smiled and playfully flicked my nose.

“You’ll just have to wait and find out,” he said and I sighed and nodded my head.

We left the apartment and headed for the parking garage. I got into Tyler’s car and he looked at me and held out a blindfold, “Oh no, not happening.”

“Come on, babe, it’ll be fun,” he said and I sighed and snatched the blindfold and put it around my head and tied it, “Love you.”

“Just drive,” I said and he chuckled.

I heard the car come to life and felt it move. I tried to pay attention in what direction he was going in to figure out where we were going, but I had no clue. We were driving for a while before he finally stopped and I heard him take a deep breath. The engine was cut and I heard the door open and then close.

“Ty?” I asked and was about to peak when I didn’t hear a response to hear my door open.

“Ok, let me take your hand,” he said and then helped me out of the car.

“Where are we Ty?” I asked a smirk on my face.

“Give it a minute,” he said and we walked a few steps and he moved to behind me, “Ok,” he said and then I felt the blindfold being removed from my face.

I opened my eyes and blinked a few times to see that we were standing in front of the bowling alley. My eyes widened and I looked at Tyler, “What-“

“Em,” he said as he stood in front of me and smiled, grabbing my hands, “I know you’re not into fancy restaurants or clubs, I wanted to do something special for today, I know I don’t think I’ll ever beat the polar bear dinner, but- Our first date, which took me forever too get,” I giggled, “Our first date was here,” he said and I looked up and nodded my head, “We were here, wearing these exact clothes,” he said and I looked at my outfit and his and laughed a little, “We bowled, we played pool, we took dorky pictures in the photobooth- Which I still carry around in my wallet,” Tyler said as he took out his wallet and showed me the pictures, I smiled and saw that we were wearing the same clothes we were wearing then, “And that night, when I dropped you off at the elevator, you won that pool game so you got one thing- Anything.”

“I wanted another date,” I smiled, feeling my eyes water a little.

“And I knew right there that I love you,” he said and I laughed and felt the tears start to thicken, “We’re getting married in six months- Did you ever see that when we met?” he laughed and then wiped the tear that fell down my cheek, “Tonight, on Valentine’s Day we’re going to relieve the past.”

I smiled and wrapped my arms around his neck and pressed my lips against his, we weren’t even inside, I didn’t know what else he had planned, I just knew that whatever it was, I was most likely going to be crying. I pulled back and Tyler smiled at me, we walked into the bowling alley and I saw it was empty, just like last time; he rented the whole place out.

We got out shoes and walked down to lane nine, the same lane that we were at on our first date. When we got there, I saw a box of pizza from our favorite pizza place and a six pack on top. I laughed remembering that this was what Tyler brought over every single time he came over before and even sometimes after our first date.

“Extra cheese and onions?” I asked as I looked at Tyler.

“Would I have it any other way?” he asked and I smiled and walked over towards him, cupped his cheek and kissed him, “I have a feeling that I’ll be getting that a lot tonight.”

“I love you, Mr. Seguin.”

“I love you too, future Mrs. Seguin.”