The Teacher's Pet

The Teacher's Pet 086:

-Emily-
“Emily?” I heard and winced at the loudness, “Emily, are you all right?” I looked up, I was sitting in the teacher’s lounge at school, it was lunch time for the kids and I was sitting at the table with my uneaten salad in front of me. I looked up and saw Samantha, one of the teacher’s that had their classroom across that hall, “Hey sweetie, you don’t look so good.”

“Sorry, it’s a huge headache that even the largest pill in the world won’t seem to cure,” I groaned and she patted my arm.

“I think I have some ibuprofen, do you want some?” she asked and I sighed.

“I took some Advil before, but it doesn’t want to go away,” I said and she nodded her head, “The lights are hurting my eyes too.”

“How’s sound?”

“Everything hurts, I just want to put earmuffs and sunglasses on,” I said and she sighed.

“Sounds like a migraine,” she said and I looked at her, “How long have you had it?”

“Since yesterday,” I said and she looked shocked, “I thought that sleep would make it go away, but- It freakin’ hurts.”

“Maybe you should make a doctor’s appointment,” she suggested and I sighed.

“I think you’re right,” I said as I rubbed my temples.

“When does the boyfriend- Sorry fiancé come back?” she asked, a smile on her face.

“Another week,” I whined, “He’s in, I think Florida,” I said and she nodded her head, Samantha was the only one who knew that I was dating Tyler Seguin; the only reason was because she saw him drop me off one snowy day.

“If you need anything, let me know,” she said and I smiled towards her, “It might be stress, ya know.”

“I don’t think so,” I said and then sighed, “I don’t know.”

The bell rang and I winced at its loudness, I looked at the clock and saw that it was at the end of lunch. I looked down at my food and groaned, I didn’t even get to eat. Samantha and I said goodbye, I cleaned up my things and then headed back towards my classroom.

I barely made it the rest of the three hours in school. I hurried home, made sure to take Marshall out, closed every single blind in the living room until everything was dark and then collapsed onto the couch. I looked at the clock on my phone and saw that it was almost four. I sighed and decided to hold off on calling the doctors, if I still had it tomorrow, then I would definitely call.

I didn’t realize that I had fall asleep on the couch until I was woken up, more like jumped awake to the sound of Marshall barking. I groaned at his loudness and begged for him to stop, when he didn’t, I threw him outside, my head was still pounding. I heard the doorbell and assumed that’s what he was barking about. I sighed and walked over pressing the button, “Hello?”

“Em, it’s us!” I winced at Ashley’s loud voice, “Can we come up?”

“Hold on, honey,” I said and then pressed the button to allow the elevator to go down and bring them up, “See you soon.”

I walked over towards the door and unlocked it and then walked back over towards the couch and laid down. I took a deep breath and then enjoyed the quietness that I was going to be having for the next few seconds.

“Emily!” Ashley sung as she and the others walked into the condo, “Why is it so dark in here?”

“Shhhhh,” I said, rubbing my temples.

“Oh, what’s wrong sweetie?” Stephanie, Patrice’s fiancé asked as she walked over towards me, “Headache?”

“Migraine,” I said and she gave me a sad look, “One that doesn’t want to go away.”

“Oh, we came over to work on the wedding RSVPs,” Amy said and I sat up, “Do you want to wait?”

“No, they need to go out,” I said and sighed, “Steph, can you hand me those sunglasses?” I asked and Stephanie turned around and saw my aviators on the counter behind the couch. I placed them on and then took a deep breath, “All right, let’s do this.”

“Is it safe to open the blinds?” Ashley giggled.

“Just one, please,” I said and she nodded her head, I looked around the room and saw that we were missing someone, “Where’s Brooke?”

“Locked in her room with her head up to papers, homework and studying,” Amy said and I sighed and nodded my head, “But she wishes she can be here.”

“I wish she could be here too,” I said and then watched as Ashley came over and started to place the invitations out in front of us.

“All right, so I took the list that you gave me, Em and got everything organized,” she said and I looked at her, “Right now, Em, you can stuff the envelopes, Steph, you can seal the envelopes, Amy, you can put the stamp on them and I’ll write out the addresses,” Ashley said and I nodded my head.

“You have nice handwriting anyways,” I said and she smiled.

“Let’s do this.”

“How many do we have to do?” Amy asked and Ashley smirked.

“About two hundred,” Ashley said and my eyes widened.

“What? Emily, you know that many people?” Amy asked and I smirked.

“Most of them are Tyler’s friends,” I said and they nodded their heads, “The only family I’ll have there is my brother.”

“Really, Em?” Stephanie asked, “What about your par-“

“Shush!” Ashley yelled and I winced, “Sorry.”

“It’s all right,” I said and looked at Stephanie, “My family and I don’t get along, they kind of disowned my brother and I for wanting to live out our dreams.”

“That’s horrible!” she said and I sighed.

“I’ve got my brother and the Penguins coming, you girls and then the Bruins, and all of Tyler’s friends and family,” I said and smiled, “I’ve got everyone I want there.”

“Aw, Em,” Amy said and I smiled, “So where’s this new kitty that Ash told me about?”

“Uh, Felix is somewhere around here, probably hiding in our room,” I answered and heard my phone buzz to see a text from my brother, he was just saying hi.

“What about Marshall?” Stephanie asked.

“Shit, I forgot him outside,” I said and then stood up and froze.

“Em?”

“Whoa,” I said and then held my head, “Think I moved a little to face there.”

“You all right?” Ashley asked.

“Yeah, just got a little dizzy.”

-Tyler-
I sighed and smiled happily as I laid out on the beach in sunny Florida. I was missing Boston, because I was missing Emily, but I was so enjoying this weather. I looked at my phone and then found my smile to be gone, I had texted Emily all day yesterday and called her twice, she never responded or answered her phone. I sighed and then saw that I still had nothing.

“What’s up, man?” Patrice asked as he walked over onto the beach and plopped in the sand next to me.

“Haven’t heard anything from Em, it’s probably nothing though,” I said and he chuckled.

“She smarten herself up and decide to dump your ass,” he chirped and I rolled my eyes.

“Funny,” I said and he patted my shoulder.

“I’m sure she’s fine, if it helps, Steph was at your place yesterday working on some wedding shit,” he said and I looked at him, not knowing that, “We’ll be back in less than a week.”

“Worst part of this,” I said and sighed, “Used to love it, now I hate it.”

“Eh, happens when you’re in love, no?” he asked and I looked at him and smirked, “You’ll feel better when you see her on Wednesday.”

“Yeah, you’re right,” I said and then laid back on the towel and let my skin soak up some sun.