The Teacher's Pet

The Teacher's Pet 087:

-Emily-
“And how long have you been having the migraines?” the doctor asked as he stood in front of me.

“Almost a week now, it just won’t go away,” I said and he nodded his head, “Sometimes I would get dizzy too.”

“Hmmm, ok, let’s see what we’ve got going on here,” he said and then grabbed the device used to look into your eye. He came close and a bright light turned on and I flinched and turned my head, groaning at the sensitivity, “Sorry.”

“It’s all right,” I said as I was looking down, pinching the bridge of my nose.

“Can you look up? I won’t shine the light,” he said and I nodded my head and watched as he got uncomfortably close to my face and looked through the device, though the light was off, “Hmmm, I want to schedule an appointment to get an MRI.”

“A MRI?” I asked and he nodded his head, “Why?”

“We might be able to see what’s going on to cause the migraines,” he said and I sighed, “You said there was pressure in your head?”

“It feels like a sinus infection- Though I know it’s not one,” I said and he nodded his head.

“All right, well when you check out; make a follow up and a MRI appointment,” he said and I nodded my head.

“What should I do in the mean time? How do I make it go away?” I asked and he leaned against the counter.

“I can prescribe you Mediproxen, it’ll help with the migraines,” he said and I nodded my head.

“Any reason why I’m getting them?”

“Stress maybe, that’s usually the common reason,” he said and I sighed, “Are you going through a lot of stress?”

“Work and planning a wedding,” I said and he chuckled.

“Sounds about right,” he said and I gave a small smile, “I’ll write up the slip and you can go pick it up at your pharmacy within the hour.”

“Thank you,” I said and then pushed myself off of the table, grabbed my jacket and walked out of the doctor’s office. I sighed and walked over towards the check out desk and did what I needed to do, finding that my MRI appointment was going to be in five days and my follow up, two days after that.

I walked to my car and sighed, Tyler was coming home today and it felt like my head was just getting worse and worse. I couldn’t even talk on the phone because it hurt, the buzz of my vibrating phone hurt, of course loud noises and the sunlight killed my eyes and head. I slipped my sunglasses on and headed home, I had to leave the school early to make my appointment on time, and there was no point in going back since school was now finished.

I pulled into the parking lot and smiled when I saw Tyler’s car in his usual spot. I pulled in next to him and then got out and headed for the building. I took the elevator up to our floor and walked into the apartment; I breathed a sigh of relief and took my sunglasses off when I saw all the curtains still closed and a small lamp in the corner of the room only on to make sure we had light to not bump into things.

“Hey,” I heard and turned to see Tyler in mesh shorts and nothing else, “How’s your head?”

“Pounding,” I said and he frowned and walked over towards me, pulling me into a hug.

“I’m sorry,” he breathed and then kissed my forehead, “I’m happy to see you.”

“Me too, I’m sorry I’m not really showing my excitement-“

“It’s all right, babe, you’re not feeling well,” he said and I laid my head on his chest, “I was about to take a nap, you wanna join me?”

“That sounds wonderful,” I said and he chuckled, “I’m happy you’re back. I missed you.”

“I missed you too,” he said and then laced his fingers with mine and lead me towards the bedroom.

-Tyler-
“You sure you don’t wanna come, babe?” I asked as I looked towards Emily, who was lying in bed, her head still hurting her after over a week.

“I’m fine, pretty sure a basketball game isn’t the best place to be when you’re head hurts,” she said and I nodded my head.

“I picked up your prescription, you want me to get it?” I asked and she sat up in bed.

“Please,” she begged and I smiled and nodded my head, heading into the bathroom and grabbed the bottle of pills and a glass of water, “Thank you,” she said as I gave her the two items and kissed her head, “Have fun tonight, Ty.”

“I’ll have Brooke come over and check up on you,” I said and Emily nodded her head.

“Marshy picking you up?”

“No, a cousin or something is in town, so he’s not going out with us,” I said and she nodded her head and took her medicine, “Call me if you need anything.”

“Love you babe.”

“Love you too, Em,” I said and then frowned when she laid back down and started to fall asleep again. I sighed and then watched as Felix jumped up onto the bed, onto my pillow and cuddled into a ball. I turned and slowly left the room, pulling my phone out of my pocket and scrolling through my contacts. I looked at the name and sighed as I hit call.

“Hello?” he answered after the fourth ring, and I thought that it was going to go to voicemail.

“Hey, it’s Seguin,” I said and walked into the kitchen.

There was a pause, followed be a sigh, “What happened now?” he asked and I chuckled.

“Nothing,” I said and smirked, pushing myself up onto the counter, “At least I’m not sure, I’ve got a question, Matt.”

“All right, lay it on me,” he said and I rubbed my face.

“Em’s had like a migraine for the last weeks and a half, she went to the doctors and everything, but I was calling to ask if this ever happened to her before?” I asked and watched as Marshall walked into the room.

“She’s having migraines?” Matt asked.

“Yeah, real painful ones,” I said and I heard Matt moving around, “Does it mean anything?”

“Is she having like dizziness and nausea too?”

“I’m not sure about that,” I said and sighed, “She hasn’t said anything about it.”

“I’ll call you back,” he said quickly and I was surprised.

“Uh, all right,” I said and then heard the beep to tell me that he hung up, “Weird.”

“Tyler!” I heard and quickly jumped up.

“Shhhhh!” I hushed, seeing my sister Cassidy walking into my apartment.

“What?!” she asked surprised and then looked around, “Why is it like pitch dark in here?”

“Em’s had a migraine for like a week,” I said and she nodded her head, “What are you doing here? I’m about to go out.”

“I wanted to see you, haven’t seen you in a while,” she said and I sighed.

“We’ll go for lunch tomorrow, Cas, Looch is gunna pick me up soon,” I said and then went for my jacket and felt my phone go off and saw Milan texting me saying that he was here, “And he’s here, so either stay here and watched over Emily or I’ll see you tomorrow.”

“You’re just gunna leave her?” Cassidy asked and I sighed.

“I have to go for the Bruins, Coach told some of us had to be there,” I said and she nodded her head, “Brooke might be over later to check up on her, the doorbell rang and I sighed and walked over, “I’ll be right down, Looch-“

“It’s Brooke.”

“Oh, uh, come on up,” I said and pressed the button to send the elevator, “Or she’ll be here now.”

“I’ll stay,” Cassidy said and I nodded my head and opened the front door.

A few seconds later the elevator door opened and Brooke walked out, we both said hello and I introduced her to my sister. I said goodbye to the girls and then headed into the elevator to go down and meet up with my teammates.

-Brooke-
“So you’re dating Marshy?” Cassidy asked and I nodded my head, “He’s an odd ball,” she giggled and I smirked.

“And your brother’s not?”

“Oh no, he is,” she said and I smiled.

“Hello?” I heard and turned my head to see Emily walking down the stairs and towards the dark living room.

“Em, hey, how are you feeling?” I asked and looked at her; she honestly didn’t look good at all.

“I feel like shit.”